Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

advice for a very hefty transfer

Poster: A snowHead
Does anyone have any idea how i would be able to get from mayrhofen to bourg saint maurice? I've tried googling it but I haven't found any solid results.
My guess would be mayrhofen>innsbruck>geneva>lyon>bsm. The only other option I have is asking a travel agent but that'll probably cost me even more than the hefty fee I already expect!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
BiG_tYrOnE, have you had a look at post bus and train? Rail Europe could advise. Don't know about the cost or duration, but it would be quite a trip.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Train to Innsbruck, fly to Chambery, train/bus to BSM. Easy!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Eyeopener, flights from innsbruck to chambery go via london and cost upwards of £1500, probably not going to go with that one. achilles, have emailed rail europe, thanks
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
BiG_tYrOnE, the Deutsche Bahn website is pretty good for details of European trains in general
http://www.bahn.com/i/view/GBR/en/index.shtml
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Wouldn't call it hefty. Only 530 miles going via Innsbruck, Bremer Pass into Itally, then Verona, Milan, Turin, Frejus Tunnel and Albertville. The road from Petit St Bernard Pass via Aosta Valley is closed in winter and so does the road from Tignes to Frejus tunnel. The only access is through Alberville from the front entrance to the Tarentaise Valley.

Drove from Solden to Briancon this Feb. It is a fast road.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
saikee, i was just about to suggest - rent a car and drive. If the train/plane/train option is upwards of £1500, hire a nice car (£100 a day), book into a hotel (£100 a night) have a meal or two on route (£200) and arrive with the best part of a grand in your pocket.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
BiG_tYrOnE, according to bahn.de it takes about 12 hours ( best case ). You have to go Mayrhofen -> Innsbruck -> Zürich -> Geneva -> Chambery -> Bourg
Bit of a treck!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
saikee, rogg, didn't think about hiring a car. The situation is uni is going to mayrhofen week before christmas and rents are going to ste foy for christmas. I want both holidays but don't know how much money i'll have to do it
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Assuming both trips are flying it's probably easiest and cheapest to come back to gatwick and then go back out again.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Using Momondo.com, travelling 24/12/2011: Innsbruck - Frankfurt - Munich - Geneva with Lufthansa (= free ski carriage) 3 flights taking no more then 6:25 and 220 euro. Train from Geneva to Bourg is just about be doable arriving the time the flight comes in, not sure on any transfers from Bourg into resort though (would be 21:30)

Had I needed this transfer I'd book it today, I have looked into a similar transfer before, and this is much better then i found back then.

Its amazingly difficult travelling from Austria to France...

Alternatively train from Innsbruck to Munich, and you get to fly BA from Munich to heathrow, and then to Geneva for 116 euro, but as far as I know no free ski carriage on BA and extra train cost so may not work out cheaper.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
If you can get to Geneva, there are free trains out to the airport and then buses from there direct to Bourg Sainte Maurice in the winter.

Check out www.altibus.com for timetables etc - they work out at around €100 return.

Good luck!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I think I'd be tempted to travel very light, look very respectable and endearing and good company and hitch. I hitched with a friend round Austria, Italy and France and between them, with no problem, though that was a long time ago, and it was the summer. if you're as big as that, Tyrone, you could probably do it on your own. wink
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
How about flying Innsbruck > Berlin > Paris - just under £100 if you book now according to a search I just made on the Interweb, and then catch the train to Bourg. Does mean quite a long journey though!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
BiG_tYrOnE, if it was me I'd hire a car. Are you over 21 though if you're at Uni? I don't think car hire companies rent cars to people who are under 21 and if you are under 25 it might cost more. Someone else will know more than that because I've always been over 25 whenever I've hired one so it's been no problem.
snow report
Mind you, if you don't want to pay for the car hire for all of the week in Ste Foy as well, you need to find a car company which has a depot close by so you can drop it off and go back to the airport to fly home with your parents.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy