Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

So who's off where next season????

Poster: A snowHead
D G Orf, Laughing Laughing Laughing I am so tempted it looks beautiful and I'm sure that there is a very friendly Englishman that would be very keen on giving us a guided tour but.. . . . It's for Mr I's 50th birthday present (as well as bike) so once he's had his birthday I shall show him this site and everyone's comments and he can make up his own mind and realize why house is a mess and there's no food on the table snowHead
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
IncogSkiSno,
Quote:

why house is a mess and there's no food on the table

Damn, I've just realised I'm in the same situation, however given that you're so near I'm happy to pop round with mountains of photos, piste maps and other paraphenalia to persuade you both that Wengen is the perfect choice for you
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
D G Orf, That means I have to tidy the house though! snowHead
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
IncogSkiSno, wellyou could come here but that means I'd have to tidy mine ! Laughing
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
D G Orf, Laughing
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Serre Chevalier
Or Valloire
Or Montgenevre

I'm going with school, I just wish the teacher would hurry up and decide where we are going. By the time I go, it'll have been 2 years since I last skiied Confused
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
_InFeCtOr, welcome to snowHeads, I swear half the time schools have no idea, the one and only time I went with a school trip we were supposed to be going by coach to one resort and in the end flew out and went to a completely different resort and this was well after we'd booked etc, things kept changing almost from week to week, although how much of that was down to the school and how much down to the travel company I wouldn't like to guess
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I found that mt school trip gave me a real grounding in skiing as the lessons covered the whole day not just mornings. Although I had waited 10 years from my first trip which was with school to my second trip when I went with friends I was able to get back to a decent standard quite quickly.

Talking of next season, I have no concrete plans as of yet to slide this winter, but, I am tempted by a late deal close to the end of the season. So I could end up anywhere Shocked
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
D G Orf, thanks. The exact same thing happened to me on the first trip. I got a letter saying that we were going to Pila by coach. it mysteriously changed to Crest Voland by air. Not complaining cause Crest Voland is a great resort (small, but great); I was there last year again with school. My instructor (got the same instructor both years Very Happy ) was great too. Next year, we were originally going to Serre Chevalier (also a cool resort that I've been to) by air, but now we're going to one of the 3 above by coach. From what I gather talking to to my teacher, it is the travel company; it seems they like letting people down.

ginger winger, I agree. And the quality of instruction is very good too, although if there are people of a 'lesser ability' in your group, it spoil it a bit Sad
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
_InFeCtOr,

The problem with school ski trips is that some schools do not like groups to be split up and mixed with other schools for ski school lessons - guess it makes it easier for the teachers to keep tabs on the kids. But the problem is is that unless it is a very large school group there may only be a couple of ski school classes. Normally ok for the beginners as you get lots of them on school trips, but can be tricky for the better skiers.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
When we go, we usually go with 1-2 other schools, and they don't really have a problem with splitting kids up. The way they usually do it is they have a few 'normal' groups - mostly newbies, and an 'advanced' group, with people who have skiied before. But on a few occassions there have been people who have skiied before but couldn't keep up, and had to be moved down (images of last year spring to mind - some kid fell at the top of the only black piste in Crest Voland, and slid right off the side off it, down a hill, into a stand of trees). Makes for some good laughs though Smile
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I hope to get a day or two on snow up here in Scotland before heading out to Morzine for a week in January.
We then fly to Calgary in Feb where we hope to take in Pass Powderkeg on the way down to Red Mountain. While based at Red we will try to cross into the States to visit 49' North (Washington) and Schweitzer (Idaho) as well as our usual day at Whitewater.
We will also re-visit Phoenix Mountain before heading over to Whistler. We have a few days in Vancouver before flying home so will visit Grouse Mountain.
Then we will be out in Chamonix in April
And if finances still allow we will have a week up at Riksgransen in May.
Cant wait on Winter ! Smile Smile
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Just been skiing the other week to keep me in the groove - Kitzsteinhorn, Austria

January 2006 - Zermatt

March 2006 - Copper Mountain, Colorado

Still to sort out somewhere for December

let it snow, let it snow, let it snow
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
November 3rd Tigne (can't wait)

Jan - Norway (visiting a few small resorts near mate's house)

March - Chamonix stag do (can't wait, but my livers a little scared)

April - End of season wkend somewhere

Plus fingers and toes crossed on wkends/midweek days in Scotland (unlikely Sad )
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
So, no-one's looking forward to winter then...
latest report
yes getting a bit man utd...terrible really, last few weeks spent drooling over new skis bought - and hrs passed arranging hire cars and flights....bad addiction like you lot Laughing
ski holidays
dg3, Nov 3 Tignes, that's keen! I'm afraid I probably have to wait till 9 Dec. Although...
latest report
Well, thanks to this MB I am now in prelim planning stage for 3 trips..... I normally last 'til late Sep at least . And we put our trips together V quickly...so now what am I to do.... plan more trips, change mind, visit ski shops, get out the Vids and photos, go to ski shows, dry slopes...arrrghh..!!

There is only one way to stall it..get onto the real stuff asap..... Looks like Tignes in the 1st dump....
snow report
Don't know really, but would like to at long last ski the Valle Blanche and perhaps stay at Courmayeur ( therby avoiding the difficult start from Chamonix ) as I have not been skiing in Italy since 1990 and having learned to ski there in 1985 ( Sauze D'Oulx ! ) am keen to go back and savour the Italian ambiance after four or five years of Switzerland.

I have just looked back to the 16 destinations I skied since I started in 1985 and they have all been different resorts - never been to the same place twice - apart from a one day ski pass at Madonna di Campiglio whilst based in Monte Bondone. Is this a record?.
latest report
Going nuts on the skiing this year, booked 4 holidays so far....

Start of Season with 2 buddies, December - Cervinia

New Year with family - Kaprun

Group holiday (21 of), January - Zermatt

Adventure to the USA with 3 buddies, March - Copper Mountain, Colorado

hoping for some decent dumps of snow!
latest report
very pleased to see it snowing highish up in Europe and dumping in Wyoming (apparently)...
snow conditions
Well I'm going to Arc 1800 in Jan with 10 mates from my old village so it's a bit of a return venue for me.
ski holidays
Sorted: unless something happens (again), I'm goin to Montgenevre, and it is no longer with a school Shock
latest report
All booked and confirmed week in January in Les Deux Alps with some lesson with easiski, (I will dare to dive wink ) I'm back for 12 days then I go out to Banff for 14 days to get some of that famous Sunshine champagne powder that wasn't there last year. I'm rounding it all off with the EOSB at Val T which will be the high light of the year any one who went last year will know what I mean miss it if you dare.
latest report
As well as Chamonix at xmas (the post that started this thread Wink ) we are also going to Zermatt for 8 days in January, and St Anton for 9 days in March.

Bring on the white stuff Laughing
snow conditions
I've got three weeks in Europe planned, two weeks in North America, and possibly a couple of days at the EOSB at Val Thorens. Not sure where yet, depends what the snow's like.
latest report
Charlatanefc, if you've not been before you'll love Zermatt and St Anton, both excellent choices.
latest report
Kramer, I haven't mate, no. Only ever been to La Plagne (5 times), Grindelwald/Wengen, and a few days in Chamonix, and have skiied Les Arcs (from staying in La Plagne). My brother's have been to St Anton numerous times, our mate used to run one of the Mark Warner hotels there for 5 years. There was an article in the Mirror yesterday all about St Anton, with a picture of the Cuba Bar. We know the owner of this place, as well as a fair few other faces in the town that my brothers got to know thru our mate who ran the hotel.

My bro went to Zermatt for 3 days in the summer, summer skiing on the Glacier in August, and fell in love with the place, hence why we are going back Wink
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
We just have had our flights and rooms confirmed for just over a fortnight in Lake Louise and Jasper..... cant wait!!

How do some of you guys manage so many trips?! Money asside, I couldnt get that much time off work (inspite of only being a research student!)..... are there alot of self employed or retired snowheads?
snow report
buns wrote:
How do some of you guys manage so many trips?! Money asside, I couldnt get that much time off work (inspite of only being a research student!)..... are there alot of self employed or retired snowheads?

just don't have any holidays in the summer!

(ps a lot of the winter holidays I have are to cheap hotels in good skiing areas, after all I'm there to ski, the hotels only for eating & sleeping in!)
ski holidays
Touring skiing trip

Garmish Partenkirchen - 23 & 24 Feb
Sankt Anton - 26 Feb to 4 Mar
Sella Ronda - 6 to 10 Mar
ski holidays
AlpineWalker wrote:
buns wrote:

just don't have any holidays in the summer!

(ps a lot of the winter holidays I have are to cheap hotels in good skiing areas, after all I'm there to ski, the hotels only for eating & sleeping in!)

I dont take summer holidays either..... We get 4 weeks + University closures which I always thought was very good..... another problem for me is that if i only have 3 weeks between returning from one holiday before heading on the next, I probably wont be able to get anything of consequence done!

I must just be in the wrong job! snowHead
ski holidays
buns, like a few others have said, summer holidays are a no-no Wink
snow conditions
Got 3 trips planed for next year, with the first booked and paid for.

First off, La Plagne with the uni for the first week of jan

Feb half term (ok i dont actually get half term off, but theres only 3 lecturs that week so it cant hert...) will be a week with my parents hopefully to VT

then finally 2 weeks at easter (last week of March, first week of April) with BUSC, although they still havent said where were going i have a feeling its Les Deux Alpes.
latest report
Just booked a week in Plan Peisey ( Ski Beat ) departing 21st Jan. Unfortunately, job losses are in the air at work so I won't be be able to commit to anything else until end of Feb, then I might just take off for 6 weeks and blow the reduncancy money snowHead Laughing - or if I keep my job I'll book a late deal somewhere !!!!
snow conditions
Booked up for

Sauze D'oulx for New Year week (just the two of us)
Val D'Isere Feb 4th (with the boys)
Alpes D'huez March 4th (mixed group)

Plus whenever we can get to Bansko we'll be there! probably for a week but long weekends are looking possible...

Can't wait for the fun to begin! Very Happy

Why do others think we are mad!! It's not that I don't like sun - you just got to have priorities....haven't you? Puzzled
snow report
Timberwolf, don't miss Flying Squirrel's pub in Plan Peisey (actually it's hard to miss as it's the only one and all the Ski Beat peeps frequent it). Have a good one.
snow conditions
Thanks Ian - have been in contact with Will already to get the low down on Plan Peisey and the details of the the Ski Beat accommodation - it's great having people on the ground that you can ask for the "real" picture snowHead
ski holidays
Probably start around the 24 th November over in US for thanksgiving, head back to Austria for Xmas & New Year maybe longer then back out to the US for a few weeks then back to Austria probably hangin up the skis around April 23rdish. This all depends on snow but is the general plan Very Happy
ski holidays
the_fatadder, Im in La Plagne all season, if you bring me out Tetley tea bags - Id buy you a pint!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy