Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

So who's off where next season????

Poster: A snowHead
rockyrobin,

Cool! Think I may well do something like that myself one day... (hope my boyfriend doesn't read this)!

I would definitely be keen to hook up at some point if I make it to Verbier. Not sure quite what I'm going to be doing yet - may be coming with a couple of friends, or may just be me crashing at a mate's. But much more fun to have more people to ski with, especially those who know the resort well.

I have a friend based in Verbier, and as far as I know he's heading back there next season. He's recently got his BASI 2 so he'd probably be a good person to get in touch with. There are lots of BASI instructors and at least one trainer based in Verbier so they'd be helpful in getting you on the right track towards your BASI qualifications.

What was the career path that wasn't for you?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
beanie1, Better do it before you get tied down. You'll have to work on your boyfriend to do it with you. Would be great to do something like i'm doing with a partner for the season.

Thanks for the offer to put me in touch with your BASI friend. If we meet up be great to get some info from someone who's done the course and would be willing to share their experiences.

Can have a chat with you tomorrow night about it all if you have time for a drink after the sliding.

I used to be a programmer/setter for Horizontal CNC milling machines. No windows, worked nights, made Chris a very dull boy.
I need to be a free spirit again. The money just aint worth it if your not happy.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Having my honeymoon in Winter Park (probably Zephyr Mtn Lodge) for 2 weeks beginning Feb. Then hopefully a week in March somewhere, perhaps La Rosiere or 3 V's, or maybe Alpe d'Huez (although I've heard this gets a little too much sun later in season?). By the way, does anyone know when President's Week is in the US? Heard it's in February and want to avoid Winter Park at that time. Can't wait - must try to pursuade the (future) missus that a week in January is also possible!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
conor, President's day is 20 Feb.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Many thanks. I understand it is some sort of National Holiday so will make the honeymoon the beginning of February to avoid the crowds. Cheers.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
After several years of planning and saving I will be spending 5 Months skiing in France, chalet's rented, job finish's in November, house let while awaybeanie1, pretty sure I won't lose my enthusiasm for skiing, about bankrupcy I cannot be quite so sure! Smile
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
rockyrobin,

Sure I'll have time for a quick drink. See you there.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Apart from the SOSB and the EOSB I hope to go back to Banff and have a week for some serious lesson with easiski in Les Deux Alps but I cant book anything yet because my sister who is also my business partner is waiting to hear when she is going into hospital for some surgery (insurance wont cover any cancellation charges so I cant book yet.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
We're going to Tignes for 8 or 9 days over New Year. After that we're planning a week to Verbier again at the end of January.

Maybe a trip in March as well Smile
Or a weekend. Or a day. Or just a few hours somewhere.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Snowbird/Alta
Park City
Snowbasin
Maybe Jackson

And possibly: somewhere around Christmas, and somewhere at the end of March.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Wear The Fox Hat,

How much holiday to you get? I only get a measly 25 days, which doesn't go very far... Better than my lst job though, that was only 20.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
beanie1, 25 days.

Snowbird/Alta, Park City, Snowbasin and Jackson will all be part of a 2 week trip at the end of January. Then maybe a week at Christmas and one at the end of March. And that'll be up to 20 days of my holidays used up, while getting to experience different snow conditions and qualities, meeting new people, and broadening my horizons.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Usual long weekend in Morzine in Jan (4 days) then off to Schladming for a week in Feb. Always the possibility of another week in Late march, usually organised last minute.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Just about to book Pas de la Casa for the end of Jan with the family. Maybe a last minute deal later on as well, somewhere in France.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Blush Laughing Very Happy
latest report
Technically I go to University, but when I can get a season's pass to Whistler for $350 CAD (not to mention $23 return buses, and $18/night at the hostel), the focus of my school year is about 2000 meters higher than my classrooms Smile So in response to the original question of this topic, for me it's Whistler every weekend, and also a week over Christmas and a week during my break in February (which is inappropriately dubbed "reading week").
latest report
I reckon there's at least 50 resorts, large and small, around the Savoie alone. my ideal season would see me getting around a fair few of the "less popular" ones this year, plus maybe a couple of Italian resorts away from the Olympics time. Though I would like to try to get to Sestriere for the Men's Downhill...
ski holidays
I'm saying nowt! Don't want to jinx anything.
ski holidays
Off to Bad Gastein for New Year and Saalbach at the end of February. snowHead But I have a long awaited summer holiday to Borneo first in a month! They have mountains (well one big one) but no snow!
snow conditions
hayley t, Not enough to ski on anyway. wink
latest report
Hopefully St Anton, If I can get a little group together, so that we can hire a guide some days. I'd love to make the EOSB. And possibly another week - if I can get approval from domestic Senior Management. Could be Andermatt if I get that. Or perhaps Wengen - there's a certain Mr Orf who keeps telling me it's great Very Happy
snow conditions
slikedges, thanks for the link! Shame about the snow as the vertical drop looks pretty impressive!
snow conditions
I'm back to Alberta having missed this season Sad

I've been there 3 times before but still love it - and it's so refreshing for me to be able to speak English for a few weeks. Little Angel
snow conditions
You're all making me depressed!!
I'd already booked to take the family to Ellmau at half term then my OH got pregnant!! ( I suppose that I'm partly responsible Twisted Evil )
Having taken medical advice, the holiday is cancelled as we have been told it is not advisable to take a baby so young to the Alps because the child will not be able to deal with the temperatures for some medical reason that I can't explain here- something to do with the body's ability to regulate its own temperature which does not exist properly in the first 12 months of a baby's life.
Her Indoors has decided that we're not going so it's all cancelled Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
latest report
Peter B, I think you should get some more medical advice, we took our youngest daughter skiing at 4 months, no problems at all. The premise put forward would preclude any baby from surviving in an alpine environment, which is nonsense.
snow conditions
Very small babies are indeed not good at regulating body temperature but that's usually premature ones. I wouldn't have thought that but for the usual sensible caveats a normal term baby should have a particular problem. I'm sure people who live in ski resorts don't routinely move to the foot-hills whilst they're sprogging. Not my field at all though. Kramer?
ski holidays
Took mine to Canada (Jan/Feb) at 5 months, and to France (April) at 7 months with no problems.
snow conditions
I'm getting a sense of deja vu about our responses here but here goes: we took our daughter twice around 3-4 months. Absolutely no problems and had checked with our GP and 2 family members who are both doctors. The only advice was to avoid very high resorts.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Take them on a skiing holiday, but dont take them skiing. We went with a party and there was a couple that had their 6 month old with them and they took him out in a back pack skiing. Luckily we had mild weather, but on the 3rd day an senior instructor came to talk to them whilst they were stood at the side of the piste and explained the temperture regulation pitfalls to them. He knew of a specific event where a baby had become cold in a back pack and tragically died out on the mountain. The parents had checked regularly and did not even think that the baby was cold. We all thought our friends were barmy but were too chicken to tell them this for fear of upsetting them as they were experienced skiers, just not experienced parents.

I know of many parents who have taken babies under 12 months on Mark Warner Ski holidays successfully, including me Very Happy

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Thu 4-08-05 9:21; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
I was taken out to Wengen aged 3 months and have suffered no ill effects, appart from an addiction to the resort and skiing Laughing
ski holidays
I'm going to Banff in January which will be FANTASTIC (hopefully!) but unfortunately no 2nd trip as I've got a new (non-skiing) girlfriend who is insisting on a holiday in the sun Sad, but hopefully, she'll make it worth the sacrifice! wink

I'm trying to persuade her to come with me in 2007, she's hesitant, but I think I think I can win her over to the snowheads crowd! snowHead
latest report
Frosty the Snowman, BABIES IN BACKPACKS SKIING?!! They'd have got an ear full from me.
snow report
Nadenoodlee, it was a purpose made baby carry type thingy, but it frightens me just thinking about it.
snow conditions
D G Orf,
Quote:

have suffered no ill effects, appart from an addiction to the resort

wink Really we han'nt noticed wink Glad you told us
snow conditions
Frosty the Snowman, Yeah I kind of guessed that, but I still cant believe people take that kind of risk with their children!!
latest report
Just deleted a post that I put in this thread by mistake. Usually I have the sound on my computer turned off, but this afternoon i am listening to the cricket. Any way during the middle of the deletion this very loud Dalek comes over the speaker screaming "EXTERMINATE". Nearly papped my pants. Shocked
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman, that will teach you to be more careful in the future Laughing
ski holidays
Sölden 5 - 12 March 2006
snow report
My Swiss Travel Service brochure has finally arrived so . . . decisions, decisions snowHead
snow conditions
IncogSkiSno, Wengen, Zermatt, Wengen, Zermatt, Wengen, Zer....,Wengen, Z......, Wengen, where ?, Wengen

Go on you know it makes sense Laughing
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy