Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

So who's off where next season????

Poster: A snowHead
hmmm, beer for tea. Will have to remember that one!!!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Snowbird for a week at the end of January (ESA)
Whistler for 2 weeks sometime in March

maybe maybe maybe a lastminute few days before xmas....
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Whistler again, this year - also in March (last couple of weeks): lbt, we shall have to organise a snowHead snowHead meet if we overlap.

Might try and take a week on a last minute basis, if I can swing it with the Boss (Mrs A).
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
We're off to Chatel the first week in Feb (kind of half term in Scotland) with our 2 kids. Chosen PDS after a few recommendations from here and opted for Chatel as we have found a nice chalet there. Like everyone else can't wait. It would be nice to think that we could have another week(end) at some other point, but with our business we can only really take one week off.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Jackson Hole in January.

Have kept my options open by booking a weeks holiday in Dec, a week in Feb and a week in April. Will see where the snow falls.

I'm also hoping that forecasts of a hard winter are going to prove correct so I can see what the Welsh mountains have to offer.

Interesting thread on another forum here
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Well SP and I are going to Tignes for the Christmas Week, SWMBO will be non-skiing and in attendance. We are staying at La Lac from 23rd December, if any snowHead 's are around we could meet for a ski/beer/both.

March 25th sees SP and I doing the long drive to Villaroger for a week in the excellent Chalet Tarantaise with Martin and Deirdre and the long suffering Huw - not his suffering but ours I might add Toofy Grin

Bring on the snow........................
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hey Musky,

Have you been out to Calgary before? Am in the process of filling out job apps to move out there so any comments on the riding much appreciated.

As for where I'm going Les Arcs 2000 is on the cards (20-27 Dec) and then as much time away as VISA and job will allow. Toofy Grin
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hey Buns,

I've wondered the same thing myself. I thought lecturing was meant to be a doss of a job with loads of time off. Obviously not! Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Les Arcs 2000 for a couple of weeks in March. Am hoping to sort something before then as well, cos that's just too far away.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Calgary for: Nakiska, Mt Norquay, Sunshine (misnomer if ever there was one), Lake Louise, Kicking Horse, Panorama.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
A week in Champery, Switzerland, at the end of January plus hopefully a few days in mid-Switzerland around March...
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Tahoe, all winter. snowHead
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Val D'Isere over New Year (providing I can sort beds!), La Tania for half term, both with the family and then a weekend either in Pyrennees or Les Arcs (train or Toulouse). Daughter has a school trip to VT in April. Hmmmm
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
martyngb wrote:
Daughter has a school trip to VT in April. Hmmmm

Is that VT as in Val Thorens or Vermont?
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Somewhere in Austria all season, hopefully / probably St Anton. I had a successful season there last year... BTW I work as a rep, so don't get holidays. Its one way around the problem, if a little drastic!
snow report
Somewhere in the valley (trying for Sallanches) to visit Flaine, Chamonix etc at Xmas, Soldeu in Jan, may have a look at the Jura for Feb, March is undecided although we've booked the ferry already and April is EOSB (probably!) Looks like it's shaping up to be great season.
snow conditions
Oooooo. Hello snowheads, long time no see. A new job means I do far less internet surfing these days.

We're off to Sestriere on the 19th Dec & hoping to get another week in March - probably France.
ski holidays
Vail with the extended family in January, Mont Ste. Anne (Quebec) in February.
ski holidays
CP Val Thorens, it's the first time she's been skiing without us. Only jealous because she gets more holiday than me
snow report
1 week in Chamonix (w/c 14th Jan)
1 week in Soll (w/c 28th Jan)

Only 66 days to go!
ski holidays
Three month comprehensive tour of Colorado...

I wish!

Realistically, Passo Tonale in Feb half term.
latest report
A week at the start of Jan with the significant other in Grandvaleria (pas de la casa)
And a week with a largish (12) group to Verbier at the start of March

Counting down the days and praying for lots of snow.
snow report
Week end of jan in Chamonix, ski camp
Week beg of Feb with my 4yr old...I hope.

Long weekend in Cham second w/e of March, guided

Third week of March in Dolomites, guide + touring

...which all adds up to two thirds of my holiday in the first three months of the year...hmm tricky.
ski holidays
Very definately booked up for the season, trying not to think about the cost/use of holiday days - only 50 days to go....<waits impatiently>

Les Deux Alps - new year week
w/end Bohinji (Slovakia) jan
poss w/end Schladming? (still looking) feb
La Plagne week (4th march)

Anyone want anything (small! legal!) bringing from england to any of those - let me know...and any expert tips on la plagne also very welcome - not been there before Happy

aj xx
snow report
saxabar,

Quote:

I thought lecturing was meant to be a doss of a job with loads of time off. Obviously not!

That's what I thought when I made it my choice of career: just goes to show how wrong you can be.
snow conditions
2005 - St Anton 8th-12th December and 22nd Dec - 3 Jan

2006 - St Anton 21st Jan - 28th Jan, Val d'Isere 29th Jan - 5th Feb, St Anton 3rd March - 10th March and April sometime

Toofy Grin Laughing NehNeh
snow report
Acacia,

It does allow you a cheeky easter break though!

Why can't we have our extended hols over winter rather than summer? If we club together we could contact the Union! Imagine the bliss of writing research papers in the log cabin, the open hearth and a bottle of red french plonk after a cruisy day out...Ahh

Quote:

I thought lecturing was meant to be a doss of a job with loads of time off. Obviously not!

Quote:
That's what I thought when I made it my choice of career: just goes to show how wrong you can be.
latest report
OK, research papers and bliss don't normally occupy space in the same sentence but I'm sure you know what I mean.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
ajhainey, oh dear my friend, you have just stepped into the Tetley Zone! boxes and boxes and boxes! or just a few bags or I will cry Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
saxabar, Acacia - I've joined the dark side and left the lecturering - best bit - I don't have to write grant applications any more!!!!!!!!! Toofy Grin
snow report
Val d'Allos in late Feb thanks to Ben and a couple of days in Chambery in January.

Roll on the snow snowHead snowHead snowHead

(or should tha be "in" the snow?)
snow report
Alpe D'Huez 23rd - 30th December 05

Termignon 25th Feb - 04th March 06

Madeye-Smiley
latest report
Ian

Ian Hopkinson wrote:
- I've joined the dark side and left the lecturering - best bit - I don't have to write grant applications any more!!!!!!!!! Toofy Grin

Am in the process of considering the dark side but really enjoy lazing around in the morning and then working till late. Cool
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy