Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Pyeongchang 2018

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
robboj wrote:
The main problem for me is that neither I, nor many people in Europe will be watching much live Winter Olympics at all in 2018. Unless they don't need sleep or don't have a job. Sad

So how much LIVE coverage did you watch when the game is held in Europe? Or did you just chuck your job during the game?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Suspect it'll be a WO where the host country focus is rather more on short track roller derby and strictly on ice than alpine skiing events, freestyle disciplines excluded. I'd expect the actual runs to be very competently done if slightly manicured, so not all time classics and unlike Whistler probably won't have as much heckling to deal with see 2.20
http://youtube.com/v/UPLl3vKbSkA&amp.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
abc, Being Self-Employed I can please myself. I would happily take time out to watch live from 1 hour behind but I wont take time out to watch a recording. I'll just wait until the evening and hope not to come across the results before I watch it.

By my reckoning they are 9 hours ahead of GMT in February. So only events taking place from 1600 hrs local onwards will be watch-able live in my normal waking hours. That probably precludes most things outdoors.

Assuming a Downhill starting at 11am local will be 2am here Sad

I had realised that the Winter Olympics is more than skiing. Imagine me thinking that this being a skiing/snowboarding forum that these events would be the main interest for most of its members. Puzzled
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
robboj wrote:
abc, Being Self-Employed I can please myself. I would happily take time out to watch live from 1 hour behind but I wont take time out to watch a recording. I'll just wait until the evening and hope not to come across the results before I watch it.

For the majority of people who work in the office, they wouldn't had been able to watch it alive during the day. So YOUR reason for disliking it in this case aren't shared by the rest of the board participant any way.

Quote:
I had realised that the Winter Olympics is more than skiing. Imagine me thinking that this being a skiing/snowboarding forum that these events would be the main interest for most of its members. Puzzled

Even if snowheads care more about skiing, your dislike of it in S. Korea is mostly of your own, not applicable to others.

I personally don't care about the game at all, skiing or any other events.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
abc,I'm not sure you get this, do you?

This is a forum on which members can participate in various ways. One of these is to state an opinion on a topic in which they are interested. Other members can agree, disagree or even post their own opinion!

From what I can read of this topic, some people agree that Pyeonchang is, admittedly for various reasons, a bad choice. Others think its a good choice. Most are pretty ambivalent.

If I knew how to put it to a poll I would reckon that the majority of snowHead's, whilst having nothing against South Korea, would have been happier had one of the European bids won.

If you don't care about the games why do you keep posting on the topic?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
robboj wrote:

If you don't care about the games why do you keep posting on the topic?

I don't care about a lot of the things I do! Smile That doesn't stop me from offering an opinion like everyone else.

I watch the game when I have nothing else to do. If it's taped? That's fine with me too. Or I might watch something else if it's more interesting.

Quote:

This is a forum on which members can participate in various ways. One of these is to state an opinion on a topic in which they are interested. Other members can agree, disagree or even post their own opinion!

And I'm expressing mine!

Quote:
From what I can read of this topic, some people agree that Pyeonchang is, admittedly for various reasons, a bad choice. Others think its a good choice. Most are pretty ambivalent.

You have every right to dislike the game being in Korea for no rational reason at all!

But if you offer any "reasons", then it's open for examination as to whether those reasons are valid. Others had pointed out how unreasonable some of your arguments are.

It sounds more like excuses for maintaining the status quote.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
abc, Looks like we'll have to agree to disagree then Smile

It will be interesting to see what transpires over the next seven or so years. I hope I'm wrong but time will tell if;

There are any number of threats of the games getting called off or moved thanks to North Korean militarism?

There is a major betting scandal?

There are accusations of dodgy deals in the selection process?

One thing I can say for sure is that I will definitely still be moaning about it being live in the middle of the night! wink
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
robboj wrote:
One thing I can say for sure is that I will definitely still be moaning about it being live in the middle of the night! wink

I like it you're very realistic. Smile I understand you've been moaning that for every 8 years in the past, since at least every other winter game was in the Americas.

I also understand you don't want to make that moaning any more frequent when Asia is added to the rota.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
abc, No, no moaning at all about the Americas, as the time difference puts the ski racing right in prime viewing time in the UK Very Happy
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Come on... will you quit this North Korea cowdoo already? As I wrote... how many countries North Korea invaded in last 10, 20, 30, 50 years? How many countries USA invaded? And I guess you didn't have any problems with games being given to Vancouver, even if USA are just over the border. Sure North Korea has nuclear weapons... but so does USA, France, UK, Russia, China, Israel and few others.
Betting scandal? As far as I know, most of set games were in Germany, not in Korea. So what if Koreans are behind this, but matches in fact were in Germany (and in rest of Europe). Organizer is in my mind not biggest problem... those who accept money and actually arrange games are. And those were in general not Koreans Wink
Accusations of dodgy deals? Do you really think Atlanta in 1996, Sydney in 2000 or Salt Lake in 2002 got games without "dodgy deals"?
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
primoz, No, I wont quit. Will you quit your anti USA stance?

As I said I have nothing personally or collectively against the South Koreans and wish them good luck with their Winter Games. I do fear they will need it?

You obviously have a big problem with the USA. Although, if you were brought up in Slovenia then I'm sure that was drilled into you by the communists a long time ago?

Nobody knows who is really behind the now international betting scams in nearly all sports. Maybe it is just a coincidence that a large proportion of those named were South Koreans. I agree that the organiser is only the source of the problem.

No, I don't think the major international sporting events have been awarded fairly and honestly for a long time now. But I would be interested to hear of the dodgy background to those particular countries games, can you enlighten me further?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
robboj, I'm with you. Korea - clearly unsuitable. At least nothing bad has ever happened at an Olympic games in Munich.....
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
My "anti USA" stance is not really anti USA. It's just proving your logic is weird and extremely one sided. I'm just proving that your "arguments" about danger, can be turned the other way... with much more credibility. And yeah... I really love those stories about poor people getting those weird communist idea in their heads... especially told by people, who were never closer then 2000km to any even partly communist country Wink
Dodgy backgrounds? First link Google finds:
http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,991871,00.html
But I'm pretty sure, you can continue search on your own, if you would really want to know this Wink
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
primoz,

Just to get this clear, are you saying that it was a much more credible risk that the USA would attack Canada during the Vancouver games than it is that North Korea will attack the South during the Pyeonchang games???

I'm not sure anyone alive in Britain from after WW2 through until Lady Thatcher came to power were terribly far at all from an even partly communist country? The UK in the 1970's did its best to act like one?

Interesting, I do remember reading something about 2002, but had not heard about Atlanta or Sydney. However as I said this morning, it's not been fair and honest for a long time now. As I also said way back last week the highest bidder has won again!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy