Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What will you be doing when you are 80? Inspiring stuff

Poster: A snowHead
Just noticed this on the Eagle Ski Club website:

http://www.eagleskiclub.org.uk/news/eighty-over-four-thousand-jeremy-whiteheads-birthday

I skied with Jeremy when he was (only) 74 and it's great to see he's still getting after it!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have skied with two 79 year olds but this guy beats that by quite a long way. Very inspiring. I learnt to ski at 43 and was hooked from the start but thought I needed to ski, ski, ski as time was short. Now it seems like there is plenty of time Shocked
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Arno, still a bit of time to get a few more things ticked then.. Happy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Music to my ears!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
gravystuffing,
Quote:
but thought I needed to ski, ski, ski as time was short. Now it seems like there is plenty of time Shocked

Many of the French ski resorts offer free passes to the over 75's, up from 70 just a few years ago Crying or Very sad Sad
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Zimmer frame racing with Johnny Depp hopefully... rumour has it he's just bought a place a mile away Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
My Dad started skiing and got addicted when he was 50 (now 56) and has done the last 2 seasons, he's all set for the next one despite needing a new knee Shocked - I think he's of the opinion that he needs to get in as much as possible while he still can so I'm going to get him to have a look at Jeremy!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The oldest guy doing FIS Masters races last winter was 92.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I skied with a 79 and 82 year old in March and it was inspiring.

The 82 year old took me on my first proper off piste ski!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
There's an instructor in Soldeu that is in his mid eighties, don't think he does much instructing these days but is always up the hill most days generally helping out, cant remember how to spell his name but it's pronounced "Gilly", there must be plenty of folk on this forum that have met him over the years.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
We skied for a day in Flaine with a 90 year old very dear friend - he still has two or three ski holidays each winter, plays tennis and races his boat as ferociously as the next man. Great company, interesting, interested in other people and just such an example.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
My grandfather took up skiing when he was in his 60s, he's now 81 and still skies sometimes.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
what a dude - big respect
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
tangowaggon, Someone a couple of seasons ago, dug out an 8mm cine film of him (Gilly) skiing for Iran in the Winter Olympics 1956, (I think it was 1956)
Gilly for the last few seasons has been in charge of the little permanent slalom course.

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Wed 13-07-11 15:21; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Good stuff.

Lift pass reductions for older people are gradually raising the age they qualify. It tends to creep forward just out of my reach, though I have qualified a few times. Usually the requirement used to be 60 but most have gone up, commonly now to 65. Some have a precise birth date, before which you qualify. Obviously it all reflects the better health and fitness of older people now. If I survive to that age (and my back holds out which looks a bit doubtful) then I certainly hope to be still skiing at 80.
ski holidays
ISTR there was a 100-year-old Japanese bloke who skied the VB a few years ago. I think it was posted here.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy