Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Barcelona to Soldeu

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

Been to Soldeu two years running with tour company and thoroughly enjoyed resort but fancy organising my own travel this coming season. Plenty of reasonable flights to Barcelona but cannot find much info on transport from airport to Soldeu.

Can anybody help ?

David

Puzzled
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Welcome to snowheads davidg. I am sure that someone will be able to help.

As it is a weekend, the 'traffic' is a little quieter. You may have to wait until Monday when all the regulars are back on line.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
davidg, welcome to snowHead snowheads snowHead

Your best bet is to hire a car - but - have you checked the price of your accommodation in Soldeu ? You maybe suprised. We thought about doing the same thing for next season but have kicked the idea into touch. The cost of booking direct with the hotel (Sport) was only £40 cheaper than going with a Tour Operator. The TO of course, includes flights and transfers.

You also wont really use your car much. Pas, Grau Roig, Soldeu, El Tarter and Canillo are all linked into the best ski area in Andorra. It will stay in a car park for a week.

I am sure you can get a bus from Barcelona - try the airport website. Can you fly to Gerona ? Its closer again.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Many thanks for information.

Agree that tour company is hassle free.

David

Very Happy
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
davidg, Welcome. There are transfers from Barcelona, but you may not see them online yet. Airports operator is www.aena.es plus try www.grandvalira.com or www.andorramania.com I'm not sure about transfers from Girona (Ryanair), additionally the road from Girona is cross country, the road from Barcelona is motorway. If you rent a car, make sure your hire co. lets you take it out of Spain. Another option would be to fly to Perpignan, and rent a car there, or you may be able to fly to Toulouse and pick up a TO bus ride in through the Pas side. Tons of hotels to choose from at all prices. snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
davidg,welcome snowHead snowHead snowHead
I can confirm what Paul Mason says above.Fancied going back to El Tarter,and had kept details of a couple of hotels we looked at a while ago.Direct prices were actually dearer than TO,and we still had to get flights/transfers Confused I quickly came to the conclusion that the TO's got heavy,block booking,discounts(what else is new wink )
I'm pretty sure that,if you dig deep enough,you could find somewhere.You could try going through 'Eric the Viking' Toofy Grin The only Andorran website I could understand(and even that's a bit weird!)I believe he's a Policeman there;and he seems to be Andorra's main(only?) internet freak.Best of luck Laughing
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Eurolines run several coaches a day from Barca airport to the various towns in Andorra.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Found this thread at the bottom of a pile somewhere, and as I'm driving up to La Massana next weekend from Barcelona, thought I'd dig it up.

En route I'm looking for :
a) somewhere to buy snow chains (car rental company definitely doesn't have them, well so they say)
b) anywhere handy to eat a couple of hours into the trip
c) a half decent supermarket to stock up on the basics, reasonably close (or in) Andorra.

Can anyone familar with the road from Barcelona to Andorra help me out here? I'd rather sites that are visible from the road, as I've a shocking record for getting lost when I go off the beaten track Embarassed
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Try:

http://www.shuttledirect.com/en/php/airport_shuttle_direct.php?cod=KZQ1108723610NCE

We've used them a few times & they are v good
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy