Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

DIY holidays :- Travel arrangements first , or accommodation ?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
For me, it is usually a case of check the snow first. I like to see some cover early in the season.

For the US, I would normally book flights first. Then book a night or two of accomodation and see how things pan out when I get there. That said, I am usually heading somewhere with plentiful accommodation and/or have a car.

Europe is a bit more tricky. I do not drive to Europe. Cheap flights are not always that cheap and resorts can get booked up.

I suppose one trick would be to book the really cheap flights, in the small window when they are available, and just not use them if snow was poor.

On the same subject, what about these cheap Eurostar offers on the SCGB? They do not seem that cheap, when you investigate further. Headline price seems to be just that. I have used Eurostar before and would definitely use it more if the prices were lower.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I think what might make the difference is the time of season you're planning to go?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ise wrote:
I think what might make the difference is the time of season you're planning to go?

True. I tend to avoid school holidays and Easter though.

I have come a cropper before booking the second trip before the first. I once booked a fortnight at the end of April in Tignes, but broke my shoulder earlier in the season.

I am always going to have the snow issue with the first trip of the season
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Latchigo, I agree with you about the Eurostar, if the routes were cheaper I'd use it a lot more as it's a very comfortable way to travel
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Latchigo, D G Orf, not living in the UK i wouldn't know prices etc but i thought it was the cheaper and quickerr option than the ferry when travelling to the Alps
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Book easyJet flights the day that they are released. If you fly into Geneva then you will always be able to find somewhere with snow. I tend to book Liverpool/Basel for at least one trip (usually much cheaper) and Liverpool/Geneva for an other.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Definitely. Flights first, accom after. Destination decision often left quite late but flights increase in cost so quickly that they need to be sorted out early.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy