Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cheapest Summer SKi?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
rob@rar wrote:
Whitegold wrote:

2. Ski European glaciers in July, not October. Better weather.
We had good skiing conditions this June, but better skiing conditions last October. In October the weather is likely to be colder so the snow doesn't get too soft to ski in the afternoon. With summer skiing you either need to be up at 6am for an early start or be happy to ski for 3 hours a day and do something else in the afternoon. In the autumn you get more on-snow time.

Quote:
3. The European Alpine glaciers are melting at an astonishing rate. There is only one year-round skiable glacier open on planet Earth (Zermatt).
Hintertux is open all year round.

It's a tossup between sun / heat (Jul) vs. snow /cold (Oct). Given the limited terrain in both months, I'd rather go for the sunnier month of July.

I wanna say Hintertux closed temporarily last Summer due to lack of snow?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Whitegold wrote:
It's a tossup between sun / heat (Jul) vs. snow /cold (Oct). Given the limited terrain in both months, I'd rather go for the sunnier month of July.

I wanna say Hintertux closed temporarily last Summer due to lack of snow?

Sunny days in June or July will be lovely, but warmer temperatures can mean the snow takes a beating. Best of both worlds is to go in the summer AND the autumn Happy

Not sure about Tux in the summer (I've only skied there in May) but their intention is to be open 365 days, although they, like all resorts, are subject to snow and weather conditions.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy