Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

skiing app for android phone

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I’ve had my new phone for quite a few months and up until now have only used it for phone calls… but I updated it tonight to android 2.1 and had a look at what else it can do… found out it has gps so will work as a satnav… Very Happy
I know there is an app on the iphone that records where you have been skiing without the data being turned on… is there a similar app for an android phone?
and if so which one is best?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Satski runs on Android and may be the one you're associating with the iphone. Have a look at www.satsportsgps.com.

I tried it on an Android 2.1 phone in Tignes in April. It worked fairly well and allows you to upload your day's activity, or inactivity, to a PC, where you can watch your progress on Google Earth.

There seemed to be spots where the phone regularly struggled to get a good gps signal, so the satski data could be a little eccentric from time to time. Also, the app maps the gps data on to the piste map. It seems to assume that upward movement is necessarily on a lift (reasonably) and downward movement on a piste (not so reasonably). However, I can forgive it as it clearly shows my stellar progress on the Face de Bellevarde (rather than my gentle descent in the Olympique cable car).

You have to pay for a licence to use it with gps in a resort for, say, a two-week period. I'm not sure I'll use it again with gps. You can download the resort data free of charge then use the navigation features to plan routes and it includes some lists of restaurants and the like. That alone could be quite useful in an unfamiliar resort, though in bright sunshine it was difficult to see anything on the screen.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
skitracks is excellent on the iPhone there was talk of an android version
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The google mytracks is pretty good, basic stats, works with sat or map views, can easily upload recorded tracks to google maps online. Recently I've been using Backcountry Navigator - this seems very good if you want to use the gps for navigating. I'm in Austria and there are topographic type maps you can use for the area, you can then download GPX, KML files of routes from various websites. So far it's been hiking and cycle routes but in the winter obviously ski tour routes. Another good feature is you can download and store sections of map so if you've no data connection you're not lost.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
This is the app I use, skiing cycling, sailing etc,

http://www.endomondo.com/home
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Fogliettaz, looks pretty handy. In fact I see there are even some running routes in Bangalore, which is handy... Laughing Me, run? Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
boredsurfin wrote:
skitracks is excellent on the iPhone there was talk of an android version

this was the iphone app i was thinking of... was hopeing there was a android equivilent
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Sports tracker (http://www.sports-tracker.com) finally came out for Android too. It's not skiing application in particular, but much more. For me it has been favorite tracking application for years, and only reason why I still take my old Nokia with me when going skiing, running, cycling or skating, while new fancy Android phone was left home (not anymore after today Smile). It's free so it shouldn't be to hard for you to try it and see if this is what you are searching for Wink
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I saw a reference to Viewranger in today's Independent. It looks quite interesting (www.viewranger.com).
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy