Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Free Accomodation, Free skiing, for the 2012 Season -Swiss Alps

Poster: A snowHead
lightningdan wrote:
rambotion, Nixmaps is KGB, so cannot tell you.

Also he has not posted on this topic for months.

Ive been away on holiday, and deliberately off grid.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
this is only 4 pages Nic... sort it out!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Just joined the Forum and came across this post....what is the problem....seems a fair offer to me!

Surely its just an agreed contract between employer and employee.....if it turns out to be a sour grape then you just leave, likewise if your s**t at your job you get sacked!

Nixmap,

I'm not in a postion to take up your offer right now (still 2yrs to serve in the military) but if the offer is still going in two years then I would jump at the chance!

BASI L2 Instructor (hopefully will have passed L3 ISIA)
with 20yrs Military Experience teaching and coaching.... I'm sure I could keep your kids in order;-)
As an engineer I'm not bad at the odd bit of DIY
G/F is a great cook/cleaner....don't tell her I said that!

I'll look out for your Ad in the future, keep up the good work!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
thepirate, welcome to snowHeads! snowHead No problem, except nixmap trying to dress it up as something it isn't. Nevertheless could be fun, and I wouldn't mind giving it a whirl if it were in a different place.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Smile

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Fri 28-10-11 8:51; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
snowHeads gold!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Love the last line in particular
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Spud9, exactly!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Pedantica, Laughing Laughing Laughing I didn't spot that on first read.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I suppose Nixmap has rubbed some people up the wrong way, so seems appropriate. Toofy Grin
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
geepee, Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Pedantica, Spud9, geepee, Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Classic! Well spotted Pedantica, Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Oh emm jeee that's funny!!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
whats the actual issue with this, i thought i just wasnt in the loop having only read the first and last pages, but now ive read all of them, im still at a loss..

is the issue that its not a total free lunch, as the title 'imples'? if so, do you really really expect someone to give you a totally free season of skiing? what planet are you on? there are millions of adverts, etc, with 'free' offers. are they ever totally free?

if the issue is with the amount of work for the reward - the applicants are free not to apply, so thats their own choice surely? sounds like a reasonable deal to me anyway and about on par, if not better with most other seasonaire jobs!

sounds like lots of sour grapes from people who either wish they could take the position, or had a swiss chalet and could be offering the position themselves!
snow conditions
vik, stop. Save yourself.
ski holidays
vik, Go for it!!
latest report
OMG is this still on going! (hits head against wall repeatedly)
ski holidays
Was it not Milton Friedman who said, "there's no such thing as a free season of ski-ing in the Swiss Alps"?

(answer: no)
snow conditions
vik wrote:
whats the actual issue with this, i thought i just wasnt in the loop having only read the first and last pages, but now ive read all of them, im still at a loss..
sounds like lots of sour grapes

I am at a loss too.. nevertheless the offer stands. Although my place will be empty over christmas and new years as I will be in staying with family in Gstaad.
snow conditions
Damn, I'm going to have to bulk order popcorn again Toofy Grin
snow conditions
thepirate wrote:
G/F is a great cook / cleaner....don't tell her I said that!

How come you think you wont be doing the cooking and cleaning.
ski holidays
Toofy Grin I can hardly wait.
ski holidays
nixmap, Ooh - is it that time again already?
latest report
Hoorayyyy! Sod the popcorn - I'm off for a Magnum Laughing
ski holidays
Quote:

Hoorayyyy! Sod the popcorn - I'm off for a Magnum

Which one ? A .357 or a .45 ? Toofy Grin
snow conditions
I have no real issue with this but I do wonder why none of the previous "staff" or "guests" (depending on you look at it...) have come on to endorsed or criticise the experience etc, particularly as they most probably found the "job" via SH.? Are they required to sign confidentiality agreements?
snow report
holidayloverxx,

it's like The Perishers, and annual return of "the great eyeballs in the sky". You could set your calendar by it.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Sitting at work thinking: I like cooking and I'm pretty good, I can clean, I like snowboarding. I would rather not be at work. Unfortunately I don't really like children, I can't ski instruct and I'm afraid to step off the rat race so I guess it's not for me wink

I've just read the whole thread and at risk of incurring the wrath I don't see what is so bad about this position either!? Basically accommodation in return for skivvy duties. Seems like a similar deal you get for TOs except they throw in some pocket money too, and it would be a lot more sociable. If anyone does freelance non-location specific work such as web design or something this could be amazing if there was time to do some paid work during the week.
snow conditions
1556garyt wrote:
... I do wonder why none of the previous "staff" or "guests" (depending on you look at it...) have come on to endorsed or criticise the experience etc,

They are still down the cellar?
latest report
Bode Swiller,
Quote:

They are still down the cellar?

HA HA HA Very Happy
snow report
dsoutar wrote:
Quote:

Hoorayyyy! Sod the popcorn - I'm off for a Magnum

Which one ? A .357 or a .45 ? Toofy Grin

Let's wait and see Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Quote:

Seems like a similar deal you get for TOs except they throw in some pocket money too

and a lift pass. Some aspects of this job might well be better; there's not enough info to judge. However, the BIG difference is that the TOs don't advertise it as "skiing for free". That, I think, is the intensely annoying thing about it. Though the disappearance of all previous job-holders is a tad scary. Shocked A bit Sweeney Todd.
ski holidays
There have been some replies from previous applicants on other forums and theres even a blog somewhere.
Ive posted a link to these before. In the end its pointless as anyone can write a blog or post feed back on here and then you would claim it was fabricated.
Last year even one of the volunteers was shortlisted in the Snowheads calendar pictures Smile which i found quite entertaining.
In the end how would you know other then calling them up and talking, which has never been a problem for genuine applicants.
From what i understand Santa left behind season lift passes on christmas eve.

Anyway this is not the 2013 thread..... so just be patient. New plans are afoot -there may yet be something different this year.

You will no doubt all get the chance to trash it and wikincriminate me with more pointless know-it-all-cos-I-read-it-on-the-web arguments.
But the real snowheads amongst you who love snow and live snow will either be applying or wishing others well who did.
snow conditions
Quote:

You will no doubt all get the chance to trash it and wikincriminate me with more pointless know-it-all-cos-I-read-it-on-the-web arguments.
But the real snowheads amongst you who love snow and live snow will either be applying or wishing others well who did.

ahh, nixmap, You is getting all soft and soppy in your old age Laughing
snow conditions
nixmap wrote:
...one of the volunteers...

Laughing ah, gotta love it Toofy Grin
ski holidays
For a real job actually in a ski resort, The famous Oxygene ski school is recruiting all levels of staff at the moment.

Full details here:
http://www.oxygene-ski.com/ski-school-jobs.htm

or if you desire to be an instructor there is "Guranteed employment" with the snowHeads favourite Pro Neige Val Thorens... http://formationski.prosneige.fr/english/

If you fancy just a few weeks work some snowHeads do this regularly..
http://www.interski.co.uk/employment.php

and of course the ski company with the most snowHeads log ins...

http://www.jobsinwinter.co.uk/crystal/

and lots more choice here

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Fri 22-06-12 12:31; edited 3 times in total
latest report
boredsurfin wrote:
For a real job actually in a ski resort, The famous Oxygene ski school is recruiting all levels of staff at the moment.

So your point is ?
Real Jobs = Real work = Real Pay.?

Not sure I see there is any real comparison with my place.
I think we spent the total of about 10 weekends there last season
Must have been tough.
ski holidays
The value of the benefits offered are, I calculate, around 213 euros a week each for a couple. We haven't the slightest idea how much work one would be expected to do in return for that. Might be a good deal, might be a bad deal - we can but guess.
ski holidays
pam w wrote:
The value of the benefits offered are, I calculate, around 213 euros a week

Yes, to you maybe, but perspective is a wonderful thing.

As you already live in the mountains and skii when you want, then what do you care about? (money it seems)
for others spending a sesaon in switzerland with good company and little to do apart from ski is priceless.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy