Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Accommodation near Aime

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am after accommodation in or near Aime (near Bourg St Maurice) for 8 people from 9-18th July this year.

Can anyone help.

we will conside s/c or catered and we will require parking for a minibus and trailer.

Many thanks
Nigel
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
k1orange, try PM-ing Snow and Sunshine (Snowhead) - IIRC, Heather knows Bourg well and her chalet is in Les Coches, so she may be able to help
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
La Petite Auberge is a B & B with a restaurant below (they can do you a half-board price on the fixed menu option if you wish to save). It is good and very good value because it is on the very edge of Bourg St Maurice on the La Plagne side , a couple of hundred yards up its own side turning, so requires your own transport (or a long walk or an infrequent bus to get into Bourg). The restaurant is also good value and is frequented by locals. One of the couple who runs the B & B is (Ex) English
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi,

Thanks for thinking of me Anniepen, hopefully I can help.

There are a couple of hotels in Aime itself which you'll be able to find if you google, but there isn't anything which stands out to be honest. If you have to be in Aime itself, probably your best bets are the tourmaline (http://www.hotel-tourmaline.com/EN/HOTEL/Chambres.html) which is nice but not as nice as it's advertising and is definitely a hotel and a chalet or chalet style hotel as they say.

As snowball says, you're probably better off somewhere outside Aime if you can be a bit flexible and we've had good reports of the petite auberge too from guests who have stayed there. Or if you want to be in a town the Angival in Bourg Sainte Maurice (10 minute drive from Aime) is lovely ( http://www.angival.com/hotel-bourg-saint-maurice/english/).

Maybe take a look at www.summerzest.co.uk too who are a 15-20 minute drive away in Peisey. It's run by an English friend of mine so nice and easy to organise. They're very welcoming, know loads about the area and have a chalet which would sleep the whole group for quite a lot less than a hotel.

Hope that helps? Happy planning!

Heather
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy