Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Easyjet sports equipment charges - up by 40pc

Poster: A snowHead
bobmcstuff, so were you unimpressed by Altibus? wink
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hehe, yeah...

50€ return is probably the only good thing about it.

The way out was OK-ish, excepting the massive free for all at Moutiers. Our flight landed at 10 and we made the 10.30 transfer out cos the nice lady at the desk held it for a few minutes for us, which was good. But no rep in resort outside of coach station hours and no phone line before 8am so if it goes breasts up, you're on your own. We had no idea when coaches might be arriving and no way of finding out.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Probably been said before but Easyjet now carry a separate boot bag FOC with every ski bag.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Anybody know if BA do the same? I've booked the skis as an extra bag, so I've got the full weight. I was intending getting a big wheely bag and putting the boots in with the skis, but if I don't need to ...
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Fifespud, where did you see that please?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
holidayloverxx wrote:
Fifespud, where did you see that please?

that's what i experienced this year. ski bag and boot bag checked in as ski gear.

re the lo-cost vs big carrier discussion. i'll factor total cost, time (departure and total journey) and availability. flying out of edinburgh, big carriers require a transfer which means an entire day travelling. this year, i flew easyjet to GVA for about £150 ret with skis and boots and a checked bag. a friend who refuses to fly lo-cost paid about £200 to fly KLM via schiphol without ski equipment. i left the house mid-morning, he left at 5am. we both arrived in GVA at pretty much the same time.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
admin wrote:
spyderjon, that's not correct.
We established this Winter that it was indeed possible to just book 'Sports Equipment' and for that equipment to be 32kg.
Yes, it gives U 12kg extra.
The other 20kg is allocated to you as a passenger not to specifically to your hold bag - U only pay extra to put it in the hold rolling eyes

Batman_123 made it work for her and I did the same thing when I went to Grenoble in March. One big bag of 30kg-ish - they didn't bat an eyelid at Luton and when challenged at Grenoble on the way back I simply showed a print of this page: http://www.easyjet.com/EN/Planning/baggage.html

I know i'm dragging up an old chestnut but has the Easyjet interpretation of the above changed for this season?Me thinks the wording has subtly been changed in the T+Cs this year?

Any early season experiences of taking the fully stuffed 32kg bag with hand luggage and not paying for an extra hold bag?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
hedley, http://www.easyjet.com/EN/Planning/baggage
Pretty clear from the picture!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
davkt, it is doable but i guess it just depends on whether the check in staff pick up on all the extra clothes etc etc in your coffin or not?

Purchase

0 bags, 1 sporting item

•total allowance 1 item @32kg total
•this item must be a genuine sporting good as defined

Sporting equipment can be carried in addition to Your Hold Baggage allowance.

Sporting equipment is defined as:

•Bicycles
•Golf equipment (excluding golf shoes)
•Skis (including boots and poles)
•Snowboards
•Surfboards
•Wind surfers
•Hang-gliders/paragliders
•Sporting Firearms
•Diving Equipment (Gas or air cylinders are not permitted)
•Sporting Wheelchairs

snowHead post your 2012/13 experiences here.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Well any clothes in mine are simply packing materials to protect my skis in transit!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

Easyjet now carry a separate boot bag FOC with every ski bag

Gives them another opportunity to leave it behind Skullie

I'm being a bit hard on easyjet, but Jet2 now, there's a bunch of cowboys. Flight in March EDI to CMF, mine and someone elses skis were the only ones out of 30 odd to arrive. On the return trip there were absolutely none. They arrived home a few days later via manchester. The excuse was that they couldn't bring them because we were too heavy with the fuel, But.... We didn't take a full load of fuel because we first went to Bournemouth to refuel before going on to Edinburgh (hours late). Talking to a baggage handler at Edinburgh, he said it had been the same with Jet2 all season Evil or Very Mad

So, I now _always_ put my boots in the main bag, in hope that they may arrive with me.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
andyrew, I understand that this sort of practice by "low-cost" carriers is becoming the norm, especially at peak dates. They happily take the add-on costs of ski carriage, but don't guarantee that the skis will be carried on your flight. Having just been involved with some client-focussed market research involving both Easyjet and Jet2 I am completely at a loss as to why people actually fly with them. They are a "high cost" option now the add-ons bulk out the costs when going skiing.

However, there must be loads of punters out there quite happy to pay the premium rates for flights/ski-carriage/extra weight/nice-seats/inedible-food.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
skimastaaah, Will be flying with Jet 2 at easter as them or other low costs at a much higher price were the only ones who could get me and the kids to the airport we needed to get to.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
davkt, I've used them when they were "low-cost" and had really bargain flights, eg £29 LBA-GVA Return with Jet2, £25 BMI to Bergamo from EMA, £9.99 return Ryanair to Turin from Stanstead, regularly got return flights to Turin under £50. But nowadays the game has changed and all the add-ons make me wince. I've just done a search with Jet2 LBA to Geneva, mid-January dates, with ski kit, about £170 pp return, add on car hire and associated costs that's best part of £300 per person before yiou get to the resort accommodation.

Whereas Hull-Zeebrugge is £230, plus about £200/£225 petrol to St Anton, no French Motorway Tolls, total is £225/£230 pp in the car. Long drive I know, but I can take loads of snow-toys.

I still got 60,000 Avios to play with this year as well, which reduces the plane costs considerably. Mid week connecting flights MAN - INN are quite numerous in Jan/Feb.

But Jet2 and EasyJet........................ too costly for poor old me.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
davkt, Just done a flight/price check with EasyJet Liverpool to Innsbruck Mid-January dates, works out at about £150 per person with ski kit.

"Low Cost" that's not. Only just scrapes in to the "reasonable" cost bracket.
ski holidays
Then again we don't all need the "add-ons". Hand baggage only, Stansted to Geneva return for my March lads trip - £84. I reckon that is still value though it was around £20 cheaper last year. Boots in the apartment cellar and I hire skis. Horses for courses.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy