Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Stunning ski views ... where to sea them

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Martin Bell, cool.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
DB, kiwi1, yes. Not "sea" at all. Definately LAKE Wanaka.

All this talk about Ruapehu - Ahhhhhh thems the days. I remember squinting from Turoa, in good weather (not that THAT happened often), at Taranaki and also out east to the BOP.

Actually more interesting than the view (if that's possible), there's a cute Maori creation story about how the volcanos got to be located where they are based on a love-triangle between the bloke volcanos Ruapehu and Taranaki, and ummmm..... oh great. I've been away too long and can't remember the female volano name. Pihunga, I think. .... but anyway according to myth the story is (and I'm grossly paraphrasing here) the volcanos all hung out together in the middle of the Island, but Taranaki's love interest scorned him in favour of Ruapheu so Taranaki wandered off down the country to sulk and hence why Taranaki's out on the edge of the country all on his own with a river of tears in his wake, while Ruapehu sits amongst his harem in the middle of the North Island.

Oops. Off topic (what's new).

Nick Zotov, No, that kind of scenery is normal. And you should know it.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Its a fairly typical shot from TC, looking back down at Lake Wanaka. All the north shore mountains in Vancouver have sea views, Mt. Seymour, Grouse Mtn., and Cypress Bowl. Mt Washington on Vancouver Island also has a sea view
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Er. Just a small point.... The water in the first pic of treble cone (NZ) is of Lake Wanaka - which aint part of the sea.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
snowball wrote:
I once nearly went on a ski holiday (I've seen other versions of it advertised since) which involved staying on a yacht off the coast of Norway. Each morning you were in a fijord and were rowed ashore. You put on skis and skins on the shore, then skinned up a mountain. Then you skied down to another fijord. Next morning you woke in yet another location and were rowed ashore ... etc.
Anyone here done a holiday like that?

A mate of mine did it back in April.

Click on "Report: Norway Northern Lights / Ski & Sail Tour April 2006" to see what it was like .....

http://www.pistetopowder.com/
snow report
 brian
brian
DB, wow, that looks absolutely sensational Very Happy
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Wow!
But 4 hours walk each day though - you pay for it. I'd have to be fitter.
I didn't do it because the proportion of skiing was too low. Like other touring but more so - more for enjoying being there than the skiing perhaps?.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Much as I generally dislike Flash embedded into web sites, those are stunning pictures setting a mood.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Oh, it looks out of this world! Unfortunately, I'll never be strong enough, fit enough or unwussy (sorry - that's the best word I can think of)enough to do it. I wonder if women do go though? Can't imagine any woman I know doing the swimming thing though. Brrrrrr Shocked
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
There have been some great women on Grahams trips (including the Norway trip). In fact the trip report for the Oztal trip shows a female on this years trip. Yes you really need to be fit to enjoy the trips but good old Bill Smith (pictured on the Oztal trip) is a pensioner. What better incentive to get yourself fit than going on a trip like that? You will most likely come back even fitter and slimmer too, I always do.

I'm pretty sure Graham would put on an all-female groups if enough lady Snowheads were interested.

Graham/Ruth can be contacted at
graham@pistetopowder.com
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
It could be The Remarkables or Coronet Peak, i'm pretty sure that the water is Lake Wakatipu which is next to Queenstown and you can see the lake from both of those resort. Having said that i've only been there during the summer so couldn't be 100% sure - everything looks different with snow!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy