Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Avi Courses

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hopefully somebody has some insight on this. I'm looking to do an avalanche course somewhere in the Alps next winter, preferably Austria or Switzerland, and preferably in English (although I could manage it in German if need be).

So far I've found a three day course starting each Monday in Ischgl as well as an outfit that gives two day clinics in Disentis or Andermatt.

Any additional suggestions, or any personal experience, is greatly appreciated.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
ami in berlin, You could try the DAV they do excellent courses and the members prices is also very good. I believe they do several courses in the German, Swiss and Austrian alps each year.

Otherwise there are some English language ones in Chamonix I believe - do a search on Henry, avalanche courses and Chamonix should lead you right to them.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ami in berlin, I've looked at doing a course with these people http://www.saac.at/index.php?pid=158&sid=default
Unfortunately, last season I didn't manage to match up days off with course availability, so I've no idea how good they are. As soon as the dates for next year are out I'll be trying to book one.
The information says that the courses are in German but if there are enough people registered who want it in English then they'll have an English speaking trainer.
The basic 2-day camps are free. You have to pay for the 3 and 5- day camps. I think you have to have been on the basic camp before you are allowed to book the 3 and 5 day camps.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
ami in berlin, I'd go with the DAV, given that you speak German ( I assume ). DAV Summit Club used to do good combined touring and avalanche courses. Not sure whether they still do.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We're running a number of Avi course's this coming winter in Chamonix, a L1 for people new to snow safety and a L2 Backcountry course which builds
of the foundation of the L1 course.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
ami in berlin, you could try the BASI Mountain Safety course. You can now this as a standalone qualification. www.basi.org.uk

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Wed 15-06-11 23:13; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
FlyingStantoni, you're missing the 'uk' from that link so it sends them elsewhere at the moment.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks VolklAttivaS5
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks all, some good options there!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

You can now this as a standalone qualification

Where would that be ? wink
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy