Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Do You Think These Are Worth A Punt?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
snowbunny wrote:
marc gledhill,
Quote:

Yeah, I know I should demo but I've no chance.

Don't do it, there must be a pair somewhere that you could try in a snozone first!

Well, well. There's a shop called Slide & Glide at Otley (just north of Leeds and Bradford) that stock all sorts of race skis from Fisher, Head and mainly Atomic. They also lend you them for a week so you can have a blast on them at Xscape. Been over today and came away with this years Dynamic VR27 to try, they've been bought out by Atomic, and this well regarded ski retails at around £360 new!

Very nice, well informed people to deal with too.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
marc gledhill,
Quote:

Slide & Glide at Otley

I think they have had a mention before on snowHead . Let us know how you get on-enjoy snowHead
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
An "all mountain slalom ski"???

http://www.untracked.com/highlight-175859.html
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
beanie1, get thee behind me Laughing

It's hard enough choosing already!

But can you have a all mountain slalom? Or do you get a ski that's a bit OK at both on and off piste? The dimentions are similar to the VR27's I was trying (Rossi=118/66/104, VR=122/65/102) so I'd guess the only was to make it more all mountain would be to soften it a little which means it looses a bit of grip on harder snow.

BTW, I did like the Dynamics'. They aren't short turn only beasts and even my limited technique can get them working, so they're fine for "holiday" skiers. The extra grip in a snowdome over my B2's was an eye opener I can tell you. A tip from Rob Of The Lions paid dividends too and I'm now really torn - do I demo something else or just buy them.

Please don't give me any more to think about Laughing
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
marc gledhill,

How much are they? I'd demo something else as well, to compare.

I really liked those B5s last night. If I could get a deal on Atomic they'd definitely be something I'd consider. My Crossmaxs felt so dull and lifeless after... Really hope my new Rossi Z9s will be as good:

http://www.untracked.com/highlight-175860.html

Everyone's raving about them, so I hope so! They should be delivered in September.

Meanwhile I was told my 3Vs would be delivered in 5 to 7 days, so hopefully I will get them in time for next Monday. So excited!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
beanie1, Slide & Glide didn't know how much the retail price was, but Filarin Ski sell them at £350 which undercuts most other race flavoured skis by quite a bit. That, and the fact that they're less common than Atomic/Rossi/Fisher etc. has me leaning towards them already.

I could be arm wrestling rockyrobbin for the Atomic ST11's next monday though Laughing
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
marc gledhill wrote:
beanie1, Slide & Glide didn't know how much the retail price was, but Filarin Ski sell them at £350 which undercuts most other race flavoured skis by quite a bit. That, and the fact that they're less common than Atomic/Rossi/Fisher etc. has me leaning towards them already.

I could be arm wrestling rockyrobbin for the Atomic ST11's next monday though Laughing

One thing to consider is that those Dynamics are legal to race on at 165cm while the ST11s seem to be only
available as 150/160/170 cm.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
rjs, yep that's true. And this year the SL9's will come in 165 which seems odd as they're targeted lower thant the ST's, and Atomic make the VR23's too, so why that size range in the ST's?
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy