Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Who Lives in Austria?

Poster: A snowHead
Hands up please people. I need your help!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The Austrians?

Sorry, that's not helpful I know Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Lidsay Vonn I Think
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I do, in Niederau, why? Carolyn
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
My Daughter would like to.
Actually I would too..
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Steilhang lives in Munich, nearby.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
snowball wrote:
Steilhang lives in Munich, nearby.
Yup.
Is there something I can help with?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I spend my time between Innsbruck and Aberdeen.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I live right on the border but will be crossing into Össi land permanently in the near future
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I am looking very seriously at buying in Zell am see and would like a Native or "native" view on it. Anyone prepared to help me?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Peter Leuzzi, understood. Unfortunately I don't get to that corner of Austria very often so can't help really.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Peter Leuzzi, are you buying to let or buying to move permanently to Zell? Very different experiences and views of the location depending on what you what to do.

I would move permanently to the Zell area (not Zell itself as I'm not a townie) as the area has a very good infrastructure and the skiing isn't too bad either but it is limited and spread out. Lots to do all year round as well.

As a holiday let, I think it has lots to offer, but it does seem that some people have had difficulties recently due to local regulations with regard to holiday lets/second homes. Contact Byron Gates, Deliaskis and holidayloverxx as they have up to date knowledge of the area with regard to holiday lets and buying/running second homes there. Holidayloverxx had big problems trying to buy and is now buying in the Flachau area instead.

snowHead
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Samerberg Sue, I have PMd Peter Leuzzi
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Austrians. Duh.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
It's my long term dream. Sigh...
ski holidays
Not quite the same thing but I've been a seasonaire in Mayrhofen for four years now (and six in France) and spend quite a few months in Zell, feel free to PM me if theres anything I can help with?
snow conditions
Peter Leuzzi, My sister and husband look as if theyve just bought in zell - ie offer legally accepted now and should get keys in a few weeks. Process for them so far has been a doodle. Think it was made easier by fact that English chap owned the chalet already. I know others have found it very difficult but in my sisters case, it was (to date) very straightforward. Fingers crossed
ski holidays
i do! Altenmarkt, pm me if you need info Very Happy
ski holidays
kooky, liar!
ski holidays
flangesax, Laughing Laughing am still there every weekend NehNeh although I am seriously thinking of staying here the next few weeks, bloody Tauernautobahn aaarrrggghhhhh!Nearly 4 hours on Sunday to do a 2hour journey Mad
snow report
then you need to make more effort on an evening!
snow report
flangesax, like you on your bike you mean wink not enough vertical on that motorway Laughing
snow report
kooky, Tauernautobahn - is that the route to munich? Only ask as I may be driving to munich each week soon from Schladming on a Sunday evening. Not a trip I particularly looking forward to. flangesax, You can be dual resident, in the eyes of the tax man at least.
snow conditions
waynos,yep, I hit a really bad jam,it´s actually usually not too bad apart from high season and heavy snow.The worst time to travel on Sundays is 4-7pm, when LB was at school in Schladming I used to drop him off and drive back at about 9pm,that was much better.
latest report
kooky, thanks for that. I'll probably need to get to Munich airport around 8:30pm so not a great time to be travelling.
snow report
boabski, are they intending the property to be a holiday let? I agree that it can be a doddle - I'm at the same stage now in Flachau - but the Gemeinde in Zell can be very frustrating. Fingers crossed for us both !
snow conditions
holidayloverxx, they will be planning to let out, as well as use for self (and family I hope wink ). Fingers well and truly crossed for both of you.
latest report
waynos, You have the [irony mode on] luxury [/irony] of both the Tauernautobahn (A10) AND the Salzburg-Munich (ACool nightmare! It took me three hours to get home last Wednesday on a journey that normally only takes an hour to an hour and a quarter! And I only had to get to the Chiemgau (50 miles from Munich). Why? Because half of bleedin Germany and all of the Netherlands wanted to get to Lake Garda or Croatia for the long weekend. Sunday night they all came back - only took 45 minutes to get into Munich this morning (and another 45 to get out the other side rolling eyes )

When we next meet up I'll start showing you some of the rat-runs and work arounds we use to by-pass as much of the jams as possible. wink
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Samerberg Sue, ( paß Luegg ??) still a fav of mine Very Happy sshhhhhh........
snow report
sorry double post!! Its my age you know rolling eyes

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Mon 6-06-11 17:14; edited 1 time in total
snow report
kooky, got caught there trying to sneak round without my chains once - went down past the Jadgzentrum sideways Embarassed That bend at the bottom looked bad I can tell you Laughing

You are generally stuffed from Altenmarkt to Salzburg because there are so few alternatives along the Salzach valley. I can go over the "Kleine Deutsche Ecke", but you can't! NehNeh
snow conditions
Samerberg Sue, yep you do need to know when it´s ok to use it but it saved me literally hours some winters.

KDE is always a mare though, isn´t it?
snow report
kooky, not always - and I can loop around a bit - as long as I'm moving I don't really care too much. But when the GDE is rammelvoll the KDE is often quiet - don't know why but I'm not arguing Laughing
latest report
Looks like the Tauernautobahn will be two lanes either way from the end of June.

Link in German language
http://www.orf.at/stories/2062646/2062647/
snow report
DB, They are opening the second parallel tunnel between Flachauwinkel and Zederhaus which should mean the end of the long jams in the holiday periods. With two tunnels operating they will be able to have traffic flow in both directions simultaneously AND probably raise the toll for the luxury of using the tunnels Evil or Very Mad I always refuse to pay the extra tolls and drop off the autobahn at Altenmarkt-Radstadt and go over via Obertauern and the Katschberg Pass, returning to the A10 near Spittal. A lot more scenic and also no caravans or lorries to cope with especially on the Katschberg Pass as they are banned

It does not help those of us commuting between Altenmarkt and Salzburg much though Sad
snow report
Peter Leuzzi,
I am in Zell am See at the moment. I spend about 6 months a year here.
Have been here for the last 6 years.
P.M. me if you want any help
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy