Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

First or last snow this season in the French Alps?

Poster: A snowHead
First snow of the season? or last snow of the season?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
For me, first snow was Tignes, 4 November.
Last snow was Gran Paradiso, 3 April.

This year, just booked for Tignes, 10 November. Smile
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Boredsurfing, surely the last. I nominate the summer solstice as the dividing line Smile
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Boredsurfing, Why just the French Alps? Very Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
www.valdisere.com

nice
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
phillip33, WOW Very Happy
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
achilles wrote:
Boredsurfing, Why just the French Alps? Very Happy

I have heard tell of a place called A u s t r i a but I don't know which part of Framce that is!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Pretty big dumps across switzerland last night.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
kevindonkleywood wrote:
Pretty big dumps across switzerland last night.

I hope they weren't flushing after 10.00 pm. wink Toofy Grin
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
http://www.trinum.com/ibox/ftpcam/original_serreche_ratier.jpg . And in SC too.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Looks great on the webcams, but now I just want to go skiing again.

I wonder how many people have been caught out without winter tyres and snow chains last night?
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
It will be good for the glaciers. snowHead
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
TallTone, Summer Solstice is too early for the dividing line, Squaw is going to be offering lift served skiing on the 4th of July and that will be this seasons snow not next. I reckon that the dividing line should fall somewhere in late August as thats when the temperatures strart to drop again
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ford wrote:
I have heard tell of a place called A u s t r i a but I don't know which part of Framce that is!

Framce?

The massive Battle of Aspern-Essling (22 May 1809) was Napoleon's first significant tactical defeat. Not a lot of people know that.

(Aspern-Essling is a district of Vienna)

Quote:
Napoleon assumed personal command in the east and bolstered the army there for his counter-attack on Austria. After a few small battles, the well-run campaign forced the Austrians to withdraw from Bavaria, and Napoleon advanced into Austria. His hurried attempt to cross the Danube resulted in the massive Battle of Aspern-Essling (22 May 1809)— Napoleon's first significant tactical defeat. But the Austrian commander, Archduke Karl, failed to follow up on his indecisive victory, allowing Napoleon to prepare and seize Vienna in early July. He defeated the Austrians at Wagram, on 5–6 July. (It was during the middle of that battle that Marshal Bernadotte was stripped of his command after retreating contrary to Napoleon's orders. Shortly thereafter, Bernadotte took up the offer from Sweden to fill the vacant position of Crown Prince there. Later he would actively participate in wars against his former Emperor.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Napoleonic_Wars
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Sestriere

http://www.vialattea.it/Data/vialattea_it/Webcam/trebialsmonte1.jpg
snow conditions
who cares i will be skiing in two weeks either rounding out this season or having a cheeky trip next season !!!!
snow report
who cares i will be skiing in two weeks either rounding out this season or having a cheeky trip next season !!!!
snow report

Tignes Les Boisses earlier today Shocked Wonder what it's like on the glacier?
snow conditions
Boredsurfing, Definately first snow - Grizzly webcam turned off on 25th May wink
ski holidays
Definitely the end of the season. I've skied every month since the 'winter' started last September, so June is just a continuation. Winter season starts on 1 October (which ties in with Carte Neige renewals I believe).
snow report
rob@rar wrote:

Tignes Les Boisses earlier today Shocked Wonder what it's like on the glacier?

That is amazing for June, us this a record for snowfall in june, especially at resort level?
snow conditions
bloody hell....i bet they regret shutting now...
ski holidays
Fairly impressive. But surely not the last of the season? Cue this photo, taken in Verbier, mid July 2008:

snow conditions
Depends how much the lift pass is wink

If its gone up then its next season, if not its still this season Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
Arc 1950, this morning. What a wonderful sight for a screen saver.
snow conditions
The Tignes picture is ridiculous!!! Please tell me people are ski touring....
latest report
Fun to look at but not actually a very good thing: http://www.ledauphine.com/savoie/2011/06/01/pres-de-300-moutons-morts-de-froid
ski holidays
Lizzard, Shocked
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Lizzard, freezer-ready! Cool
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy