Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

BASI Humour...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
... I had to chuckle today.

Just reading the new BASI Manual... When discussing Flex Pattern on a ski, it say's, I quote...

' When picking a ski, you should take it from the rack of the ski shop, place one hand in the middle and one at the tip and then force the ski to bend in order to test it's flex pattern. This rarely helps but by nodding sagely and staring at the ski, a good impression is always made' Laughing

Is this the skiing equivelent of kicking a tyre when buying a car? wink Laughing
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
spud, Laughing
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
spud, Flatland drills p370

Level 4:
Level 3 but even faster with your trousers round your ankles dude! Very Happy
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

Is this the skiing equivelent of kicking a tyre when buying a car?

As many SH's will know I recently bought a fairly new car from a dealers showroom. So I've driven nearly 100 miles to collect it (and the showroom new this and had assured me that I would find the motor 'A-OK'). So classic main dealer showroom - car itself in the display amongst all the new ones as an excellent example of its type. Salesman suited and booted in the 'sales in the bag' mode - we had discussed that if I was happy I would drive it home.

I walked around the car lookiing and taking note bobbed down and felt the rear tyres and announced - 'I'm not driving it home like that the rear tyres are practically illegal in tread depth' Shocked Result - two new tyres to drive home on and the most embarrassed car salesperson you ever did see and a new level of respect for smartly dressed woman driver who has come to buy a car evidenced in change of attitude at the thought that he'd nearly lost his commission I think. I shall have to remember the trick with the skis Laughing Laughing

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Mon 30-05-11 14:41; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
kevindonkleywood wrote:
spud, Flatland drills p370

Level 4:
Level 3 but even faster with your trousers round your ankles dude! Very Happy

Laughing I'd missed that... I'm too old to pull that look off anyway... tbh i avoid parks and 'tricks' like the plague. I'm really not looking forward to doing all that for my level 2. Laughing
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Megamum wrote:
Quote:

Is this the skiing equivelent of kicking a tyre when buying a car?

As many SH's will know I recently bought a fairly new car from a dealers showroom. So I've driven nearly 100 miles to collect it (and the showroom new this and had assured me that I would find the motor 'A-OK'). So classic main dealer showroom - car itself in the display amongst all the new ones as an excellent example of its type. Salesman suited and booted in the 'sales in the bag' mode - we had discussed that if I was happy I would drive it home.

II walked around the car lookiing and taking note bobbed down and felt the rear tyres and announced - 'I'm not driving it home like that the rear tyres are practically illegal in tread depth' Shocked Result - two new tyres to drive home on and the most embarrassed car salesperson you ever did see and a new level of respect for smartly dressed woman driver who has come to buy a car evidenced in change of attitude at the thought that he'd nearly lost his commission I think. I shall have to remember the trick with the skis Laughing Laughing

Sounds a result... With the ski's remember to bend them away from you. A plank in the face hurts bigtime, if you let go, as a former GF found out to her embarrassment, when trying this. rolling eyes Laughing
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Megamum, nice one Smile
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Brilliant!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
classic! I know a guy who did this to some kids race skis in a shop...and snapped them....than put them back on the rack....and walked away!
at least the pics in the new manual aren't cringy!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Apart from the jackets they are wearing rolling eyes ...not my cup of Tea.

Is the design on the jacket based on Mountain roads on a piste map? Looks like it to me. Razz
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
spud, I've not heard anyone have a good word to say about those jackets, from either a performance or appearance point of view. They'll be changed for next season, moving to Patagonia kit I think.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
rob@rar, yeah, swapping to Patagonia, all the trainers hate them lol. They're not THAT bad....but en masse they look a bit messy!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy