Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Photos from Les Arcs snow art

Poster: A snowHead
Hello

I have put some pictures (about 300) mainly from Les Arcs for all to see

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/snowart

And yes, it was me who did the snow patterns

enjoy!

Simon
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
simonbeck8848, we were lucky enough to see some of your work in April in Les Arcs, just a little though as things were deteriorating fast rolling eyes Toofy Grin Very, very clever Very Happy Going back next year so fingers crossed.

And a big welcome to snowHeads!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
simonbeck8848, welcome to snowHeads. Took quite a few photos of your artwork this season - quite breathtaking!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
simonbeck8848, I've also taken photos of your amazing artwork! Well done & keep up the good work Very Happy

And welcome to snowHead
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for the encouragement, has anyone tried to join the yahoo group i refer to above?

I've had my hernia repaired (sure you all wanted to know that) and i'm well bored and frustrated having to wait 4 weeks while it heals before i can do anything like proper exercise.

Next season i shall probably buy a season pass for the 3 valleys, where the main sites are Vallon, cote brune and granges and perhaps rosuel but i'll have a chat with someone high up at Les Arcs and see if i can scrounge a few free lift passes to the usual sites at Les Arcs.

Simon
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
simonbeck8848, Do i have to sign up to yahoo to see your pics?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
simonbeck8848, Might I suggest you put them up of Facebook as well? I'd bet you would get more exposure that way!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
simonbeck8848, Would love to see the photos but not bothered joining another group just to see them? I have to say I didn't notice your work in Les Arcs Embarassed Embarassed but there was one in what looks like a frozen lake to the left of the Salla chair in La Plagne, that your work?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
simonbeck8848, I really enjoyed watching your design evolve below the Aiguile Rouge in January. Its been a good season for the longevity of your designs!
On a separate note I don't know what sort of hernia you have had repaired, but the majority are 90% of full strength when the surgeon closes your skin, and really 10 days is enough rest time, and activity should only be limited by pain. You get to 100% strength at a 6 weeks. Professional sportsmen can be back playing 10 days after a groin hernia repair.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
OK guys, thanks for the replies, yes you do need to sign up to yahoo to get them off the yahoo group, yes there is a subset on facebook, there are also some on flickr but flickr made them alll rights reserved which wasnt what i intended. There are also some on www.lesarcsnet.com but they have apparently got cheezed off with me sending them too many pictures and i wont send them any more.

Yes it was my design below the la salla lift

the long spells of dry weather last season allowed me to make some bigger than ever designs, the one on the lac marlou near the aiguille rge being the biggest, it got to the area of about 8 soccer fields then i made a mistake and a couple of groups tracked it and i started again somewhere else only for that also to get tracked. in the end i gave up as i ran out of untracked sites.

Thanks for the hernia advice, yes it was a groin (inguinal) hernia, the surgeon said no running or cycling or bell ringing for 4 weeks, (and seemed worryingly emphatic about it) the incision was 8 cms long which i think is longer than usual, the consultant had advised the recovery time would be equal comparing open wound with keyhole surgery, not sure whether that was unbiassed advice,

All the same I suspect M H is right in that exercise wont harm it unless i have some sort of accident and the pain level should be ones guide, but still best to err on the side of caution, the professional sportsmen who can get back in action after 10 days probably didnt have such a long tear and would have been a lot younger (I'm 52)

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Mon 6-06-11 20:55; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
simonbeck8848,

we absolutely love your stuff, it makes for a real treat for everyone (with their eyes open...) in Les Arcs. Truly inspirational art, and so in tune with the environment in which it is set.
Eveyone we bring out to the domain comments on it, so it is great that you've opened this thread, and we can say thank you for all the pleasure you've brought us over the past seasons.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Saw the one in La Plagne on the frozen lake, some of the explanations from the people in our group as to what had created it were, great......

Aliens, a strange freeze thaw cycle, a bored crop circler on his winter hols, animals though what sort I can't remember etc etc
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Yeah, some of the 'artybull' was quite funny, there was also something somewhere about it being done by machines to dissuade off-piste skiers going there.

Next season there's talk of printing some photos and having a little exhibition, even getting a group together and having a communal snowart Someone called Marc who works in road maintenance wants to make a time lapse movie of me making one, that should be good, see if it goes round the world on you-tube!

My problem next season will be getting photos. The plan will be to spend good-weather days skiing in the 3 valleys, bad weather days resting and days that are cloudy making snow art in les Arcs, subject to availability of untracked sites and scrounging free use of the lifts (it's the same lift company isnt't it so if i've bought a season ticket for the 3V they aren't out of pocket?)

Put simply, I won't be around in Les Arcs in good weather to take photos and will have to rely on others to take them.

Thanks again for the fan mail, my suggestion for the summer is to have a classical disco, outdoors, by the small lake at the top of the st Jacques lift, pity about the background noise from the 'eggs', better after 1700, before it gets too cold.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
simonbeck8848,
I loved the artwork in LA this year. I saw you plodding around on the one near Club Med in 2000, and assumed that LA tourist office were paying you to do it. Then I saw all the others up near the top of Arcabulle, and they put a smile on my face. Smile It definitely brightens up the resort, so I would have thought the tourist office would be interested in promoting this as a feature. There must be some mileage in approaching them now in readiness for the winter?
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Chamcham, surely all simonbeck8848, has to do is ask snowCrazy Chris if it's OK? Laughing
wink
snow conditions
Boredsurfing, naughty, naughty
latest report
Arctic Roll, Toofy Grin wink
latest report
Steady chaps.... I'm pretty sure SnowCrazy knows everyone in the tourist office, perhaps he could strike up a deal for simonbeck8848?
latest report
allanm, If he's anywhere with an internet I'm sure he'll be reading this to cross post onto his Facebook group Toofy Grin
https://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=134900026541300
snow report
Boredsurfing wrote:
Chamcham, surely all simonbeck8848, has to do is ask snowCrazy Chris if it's OK? Laughing
wink

Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
Good effort simonbeck8848. I haven't joined the group yet but I shall.

Have you considered sending a few photos and a letter to AN magazine (previously Artists Newsletter). It is a more practitioner oriented glossy art magazine than most and they are very interested in artists who find alternatives to the gallery system so they might well publish it.

Also it might be nice to see one of your designs on a Snowheads Christmas card or Calendar.

By the way I too am an artist but a very different one (see my tag).
ski holidays
Just put a few pictures of this seasons efforts to date on the yahoo group, also facebook. Lots more snow forecast this week!
ski holidays
Ive seen some good ones done on the lake between Tignes VC & Le Lac, usualy of mens genitals.
ski holidays
Saw them When I proposed to the Mrs in Feb Smile Very Happy

latest report
I could do with a bit of help, has anyone taken a good photo of the design that is presently on the small lake outside Club Med in Arc2000? I would really like a photo with the sun shining on it, but I tend to be away at that time of day, either skiing or making another sonw art elsewhere.

The design is gradually getting tracked so it would be good to get a photo asap!

I hope people are enjoying this season's efforts, there is a nice one on the lac Marlou to which i have added what puport to be some magic mushrooms, opinions invited as to wheteher they do indeed look like magic mushrooms!

Simon
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy