Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Winter tyres + steel wheels

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Evening all.

Not posted anything on here for ages but thought this deal was worth sharing.

mytyres.co.uk are currently doing a deal on winter tyres fitted on steel wheels, I'm ok for tyres but have really been struggling to find a bargain set of steel wheels. Have emailed mytyres (who did me a great deal on winter tyres last year) to see if they can do just wheels, will let you know how I get on.

Anyhoo, if you want a set of wheels and tyres look here http://ssl.delti.com/cgi-bin/skw.pl?cart_id=8099352.110.25452&Cookie=&dsco=110&sowigan=Wi&csuchen=1&syt_d=&ch_x=1 (sorry can't do neat linky thing)

PS Will it snow in Val D'Isere in March 2017 if I wear a helmet while fitting snowchains to my Landrover en route to a BBQ which I have paid to attend while my children are on a school holiday booked after their teacher attended an inspection trip?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
1 guest wrote:
Evening all.

PS Will it snow in Val D'Isere in March 2017 if I wear a helmet while fitting snowchains to my Landrover en route to a BBQ which I have paid to attend while my children are on a school holiday booked after their teacher attended an inspection trip?

Brilliant! I had begun to think in recent weeks that some of these people need to get out more, but then I'm reading it too. Time to enjoy the summer. Pity it's colder now than it was at Easter. Very Happy
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Got 2 sets of original 17" alloys for my previous 4x4 from ebay. Both less than £100 and one set even had tyres on. Why bother with steel rims? If the alloys are for winter tyres which get changed every season would a used set not sufficient?

If you drive a Landrover a decent "all season" type, say with Mud & snow (M&S) marking, should be suffice, especially if you have a set of snow chains.

My definition of a decent type is one with sufficient treads, say with more than 50% left as at the end of an European trip it would have run a couple of thousand miles more.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
saikee, I think part of the reasoning behind steel is corrosion, my secondhand alloys for my forester for the winter tyres have not faired very well at all.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy