Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Club Forum Closed !

Poster: A snowHead
I think people have forgotten something here

Tim Brown gives us the following information about himself

Ocupation : Troll

Hobbies and Interests : Trolling

I think nothing more needs to be said on the matter Laughing
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
D G Orf, that was in response to being continually called one, you dummy!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Tim, all I'm saying is that it's not very good manners to go around calling people liars.

No one is under oath in posting stuff on snowHeads. All I'm saying is that people are usually more credible when using a real name. What I still don't understand is this: You pay £49 to be a member of the SCGB, there's a discussion forum ready and waiting for you to tap in your membership number and postcode, which will present the name 'Tim Brown' against your postings.

Yet, I can't ever recall seeing your name on the SCGB forum. How about nipping over there and leaving a little message, just to prove - once and for all - that you value your membership and all its benefits.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
David Goldsmith, I paid 70UKP and, like you, I have trouble logging-on to the website. I'll get someone to work on the problem over the weekend and, if it will make you happy, I'll start posting on there as well.

Also, it's even less polite to go around lying and misleading the members of this forum. All I did was point out the act of lying. People have famously been put in prison for lying. Maybe you think the courts were being bad mannered?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Tim Brown wrote:
Wear The Fox Hat wrote:
admin wrote:

Tim: "sorry I made such a big deal of it David"

Dear Admin,
Please remove yourself from moderator status as you have just revealed DG Orf's first name as being David.

Yours Sincerely

WTFH.

He'd already revealed that himself. What's your real name and your isp, btw?

I've already mentioned my ISP in another thread - it's Wanadoo. Those that matter in the ski industry know who I am. (and more people know me by my username than my real name)
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Tim, just bumping this, as you may have missed it...

Wear The Fox Hat wrote:
Tim Brown, out of interest, if I were to choose to publish personal information of my own, should I have the right to go back in and edit or delete it?
I believe I should. But I have been told by some moderators (not here) that I shouldn't.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Wear The Fox Hat, what are the arguments for and against?

if you'd published personal details and then felt you needed to update them then, yes. I don't see why not. I get the feeling this is a trap you are tying to lead me into. So instead of us going all around the houses, why don't you just get to the point and the relevance of where this is going?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
David Goldsmith,
Quote:

And I'd appreciate it if Scrumpy would PM me with a genuine name, if that person is an SCGB member.

Can't think of a single reason why I should.
Can anyone else?

You obviously don't want to continue a debate you started and I replied to (re numbers of posters on sites) - presumably because I raised an awkward point.

I'm off again - just came back to read a PM of support from another Ski Club member !
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Carry on and you should get a PM from the PM
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Scrumpy and Tim Brown, you are clearly manning the barracades to defend the honour of the SCGB but, really, have a good cold read of this thread and see if it is a good advertisement for the club that you informally represent.

I used to post on the SCGB until I wasn't allowed to any more. That didn't worry me too much and I've never had any bad feelings towards the club but the manner of discussion exhibited here would make me move restaurants to avoid a SCGB group just in case those members had the same characteristics. Surely that cannot be the reaction that is good for the club?

I suspect that my throat will now get jumped upon but I am not starting a personal attack, just pointing out that to an outsider this doesn't look good.

Have a fun weekend everyone Smile
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Sorry ????
I supported the original discussion - suggesting Ski Club be asked to change it's mind re kids on the forum
Then I get jumped on for using a pseudonym when many others do.
Then DG raises a point re number of posters, I reply with a reasonable point that every SnowHead chooses to ignore
Then DG tries demanding that I PM him with my name !

Perhaps DG stands for "Demi- God " if that is what you all think he is - he certainly seems to think so.
BTW I have never claimed to "represent" The Ski Club.
The only person I have been defending is me !
(Also Scrumpy is a name I was "christened" in another club that I belong to - and the only name many of them would even know me by - so to some extent it is real !)

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Fri 29-07-05 18:28; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Scrumpy, David Goldsmith doesn't 'represent' us - he's just a poster with his own views and opinions like everyone else here. I think you may have said similar things on the SCGB forum to snowHeads thinking he is God?? Some views you may agree with, some not, but it's just one person's views. As I said before, you're perfectly entitled to post anonymously and I don't see any reason why you should give your real name. It's quite easy sometimes to work out who people are anyway from their writing style or bits of info they drop.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Tony Lane wrote:
have a good cold read of this thread

I might just do that, at about 3.45am, when I am sure it would have the desired effect. wink

scrumpy, I'm not sure what your offence is either.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Scrumpy, please don't take this the wrong way but if you show up at the Ski Club AGM - hope to see you there! - and want to address the meeting, it's no good standing up and saying "My name is Scrumpy and I would like to congratulate the Chairman and Council on ........"

Your real name will be requested.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Scrumpy, i was talking more about the pointless tangent that the thread has moved onto and in particular the storm in an eggcup about revealing an ISP and demanding that someone resign over it. Seems totally pathetic to me. I use aol at home by the way but I seriously doubt that anyone could use that information to send me an abusive e-mail.

I guess I just added your name because you said that you'd only popped in to lend support. I have no problems with your pseudonym. On reflection, there was no need to include you and so apologies for any offence. I could delete your name but then your response makes no sense and it all gets horribly messy!

And DG is not a god of any sort, just a regular. I assume that you don't frequent the other parts of the forum regularly, because if you did you'd see that no-one's word is treated as gospel here.
snow conditions
tony,
Quote:

Scrumpy and Tim Brown, you are clearly manning the barracades to defend the honour of the SCGB but, really, have a good cold read of this thread and see if it is a good advertisement for the club that you informally represent.

I was going to answer that one but scrumpy has now said pretty much what i would. I think your comment is really unfair. I will concede that this thread itself is not a good advert for the club but i would point out that it is actually a spat between 3 snowheads, one mod, one ex mod and one arch-troll.

As for moving restaurant i very much doubt it would be necessary unless two of the above mentioned members were present.
snow report
Beck Daross, is an arch-troll a superior grade of troll as I have never heard that term before.
snow conditions
Whoops, perhaps i should have refreshed before posting tony, ref not including scrumpy.
ski holidays
Yes i think arch-troll equals dan-grade Ray.
ski holidays
Forthwith everyone should post only under their real name because they can't use pseudonyms at the AGM. Smile
ski holidays
Whoops, perhaps i should have refreshed before posting tony, ref not including scrumpy.
latest report
Quote:
dan-grade

sanded more like an upgrade te me mate
latest report
BTW. While you're here Beck - would u let us have a working email address for u pls.
U can update your own profile with the new one but pls let me know when you've done it so I can get u out of that crevasse - Hope u weren't following an S-Klub rep when u ended up down there were u? Wink
snow report
What's the collective noun for a group of trolls? I've tried Googling without success.
snow conditions
Is it a trollop?
ski holidays
Fox, you're a regular one-man-mission for data integrity these days Laughing
Oh and I took your advice and emailed myself my resignation but what with the dodgy email address, it never got through - so it looks like you're stuck with me rolling eyes
ski holidays
Ray Zorro, Laughing
ski holidays
admin, it's my job. Data Integrity is everything.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Not quite Wear The Fox Hat, according to some folk everything is data Cool
ski holidays
Alan Craggs, ooh, I think I'm still basically with Aristotle on this one; everything is substance and attribute; information is the 'attribute' part. In information theoretic terms, the substance is distinguished from others by a 'key' - but the key is not the same as the substance. That's my two penn'orth. snowHead
latest report
laundryman, I trust you are non-Aristotlean when it comes to things that matter though wink
snow report
admin, updated. U know they don't go on glaciated terrain now don't U wink
snow report
Good job PG has been away while this 'discussion' has been going on.......
I don't see why post content need be judged any differently if it is posted by a real or made up username. I judge only on merit.
This is not the first time David G has expressed his views about the 'added value' or integrity of using real names for serious debate. When you know he actually also uses pseudonyms (not for serious stuff and not necessarily here), it does rather devalue his stance, IMO. I have no problem with Scrumpy other than what it does to my kidneys. wink
Echoing Admin - Chill peeps. snowHead snowHead
snow report
Away maybe, but can't think of anything useful I would have wanted to contribute anyway Very Happy.

Except that I'm not sure that 'trolling' is the right term for participation in this forum alone by avowed members of the Ski Club basically defending their ground... as best they can wink.
ski holidays
PG wrote:
...basically defending their ground... as best they can wink.

Do you call it "defending their ground", when the band strikes up "Nearer my God to Thee"? Laughing
ski holidays
Would they be singing that when they've just exited the Grande Motte cablecar before the first descent? Very Happy
latest report
PG, I was thinking of posting for the younger members that the song was actually "My heart will go on" by Celine Dion...
snow conditions
PG, strange to see snowheads attacking a SCGB members who agrees with them! But attack they did... as best they could. wink
snow conditions
Tim Brown, I think you'll find that quite a lot of snowheads are SCGB members wink we are not two separate groups Very Happy
snow report
Cathy Coins, it's not me you need to be telling that to.

PG wrote:
Except that I'm not sure that 'trolling' is the right term for participation in this forum alone by avowed members of the Ski Club basically defending their ground... as best they can wink.

Any snowhead who just comes to this section to support the SCGB is in for a rough ride.

Fellow snowheads start ripping one and other apart over the SCGB on snowheads.com and it's a bad advert for the SCGB, apparently! You might want to take an objective look at the way the group dynamic has function on snowheads of late, Ms Coins!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy