Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Study shows how pro skiers tear their ACLs

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
According to a study by Norwegian researchers, when a racer tears an anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) in the knee, the ligament is torn while the skier is still skiing, and then they crash. A panel of sports medicine and skiing experts picked apart videos of 20 World Cup skiers who had suffered an ACL tear. It showed that when a skier is trying to make a turn on the course, but leaning too far backwards and inwards into the turn while off-balance, it causes the outer ski to lift off the snow. When the skier tries to reach out with his/her leg to get the ski back on the ground, the very back of the ski hits the snow, pulling the leg with it and rotating the lower leg. The force on the knee caused by this rotation is too much for the ACL....The report was published in the American Journal of Sports Medicine.
For more, see: http://ibnlive.in.com/generalnewsfeed/news/how-pro-skiers-get-knee-injuries/703020.html
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Interesting Smile
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Interesting indeed. I'd love to see some slo-mo film to illustrate that.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hurtle wrote:

Just watch me ski Madeye-Smiley rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
anarchicsaltire, Sad Sad How ya doin'?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
anarchicsaltire wrote:
Hurtle wrote:

Just watch me ski Madeye-Smiley rolling eyes

And when I think how trusting I was following you off-piste in Val Thorens! Laughing
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I recall reading years ago that ACL are thought to pop whilst skiing which then normally result in a wipe out.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
So that's what happened....huh! Confused [color=darkred][/color]
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
RosslandBetty, welcome to snowHeads snowHead on the mend? Or mended?
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy