Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Kids ski school + nanny Austria

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

Does anybody know of any really good childminders in Austria or France who will look after kids for the afternoon? I want my 5 year old to ski in the mornings and then have a nanny/ childminder in the afternoon. I am not keen on putting her in a creche with lots of sick kids. My son was really ill in a ski creche one year. The nanny must speak excellent English. Or if such a thing as a kids club exists where they can ski and play in the same place, that would be great.

Thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
sueyou, most ski schools in Austria take children from about 3 (if toilet trained) and definitely from 4 and have them in a ski kindergarten where they ski, play, eat and sleep if the want to. They instructors are often trained Kindergarten teachers/nurses and if the resort is international, they have to be able to speak English well and often another language.

I can recommend many resorts with these kind of facilities, so when do you want to go and where?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If you could tell me about some of the ones in Austria that you have tried, that would be great please. The names of the ski schools and resorts would be great if you have them.
Thanks!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
And we foolishly have to go at half term!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The Arlberg Ski Schule in St Anton does that (although usually for younger kids, generally five year olds would be back out skiing after the lunch break - I'm sure you could arrange something with them though). Would also let you ski the best resort in Austria wink
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for info about Arlberg Ski Schule. I don't see anything on their web site which says where kids can go other than for the 2 + 2 hours of ski lessons and lunch.
Is there somewhere in the ski school that they look after kids when they are not skiing? Or do they have to go to a separate kindergarten?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
There's a play area inside, by the lunch area, and a snow kindergarten/play area thing (for skiing mind) out the front. Hoppl the giant rabbit will come round with sweets and stuff too. If you tell them what you want, they'll sort you out - when I was teaching there often kids would get picked up at lunch to ski with their 'rents in the afternoon.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy