Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Maitenance Course...

Poster: A snowHead
I've always Maintained my own Ski's after being disappointed with the service i received years ago from a local Ski outlet.

However...I'd like to take it a step further and go on a Ski Maintenance course that would lead to a certificate of competance, for future possible employment opportunities.

Can anyone recommend any, the closer to Bristol the better.

Sorry if i've put this in the wrong section.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
spud, worht asking over on natives, you can certainly attend ski tech courses - those I remember seeing were based up in the lakes though
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
http://www.bctt.co.uk/
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Anything Technical in Cumbria are supposed to be the best www.skiequipmentuk.com.
Of course there is Jon Ski Tuning, don't get a certificate, mind you he would probably knock one up, but the chochie cupcakes are nice wink
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for the reply's...I had done a little research and was aware of those tbh. I was just wondering whether there was something closer to home that i had missed.

I'm sure Salomon used to do them, either at their head office in Basingstoke or at Salomon product stores like Snow and Rock or Ellis Brigham. It was either a weekend or day course if memory serves me right. Can't find any info on either...
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Jon Ski Tuning ... but of a treck but worth it. Did it last year. Jon's great. I expect many more to recommend him too.

Kersh
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
It may be worth contacting Tony at Edge2Win - http://www.edge2win.co.uk/

I know he has taken people through this in the past and he's very good
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
certified course - nationally recognised by whom BASI?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
1969jma wrote:
certified course - nationally recognised by whom BASI?

Not really...just a certificate to show any future employee, that i've attended a course and that i know what i'm doing. Be it here or abroad. Just trying to add an extra Arrow to my Quiver, so to speak. wink Like i said before, i'm sure Salomon used to do them, but i can't find any info on them anymore.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
A little search and I came up with this

http://www.natives.co.uk/skijobs/skitech/frimley.htm

think those were for last year but worth following the link and seeing if they have more info
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
spud, your right there where Salomon courses down south it was Anything Technical that ran them, the stopped doing them a couple of years back.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thanks for the replys people... I knew i hadn't been dreaming it. Laughing Shame they stopped doing them though. Think i'll give them a call though, to see whether they can advise further.

Many thanks again... Cool
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
spud,
I attended an Anything Technical 2 day course a few years ago, I have also been on a ski maintenance session with spyderjon (Jon's Ski Tuning).
I learnt as much from Jon's 1/2 day session and it was significantly cheaper.

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Fri 27-05-11 8:47; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I am running a free one on the 4th June at Hemel as part of a club activity details at www.insideoutskiclub.org could be a good primer to see which full course would suit you.

I have done both Tonys and Jons and they were both very good and had a different focus and could highly recommend either.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
That's a shame, I'm away that date. Many thanks again all. Cool
snow report
I would give Anything Technical a miss, i started to service my own and families skiies as we were all very unimpressed with the standard they were finished to and service, i am usually very pro buy local and use local business and i live in Kendal. We all have thought that may be there passion is in the racing side rather than twice a year skiiers.
snow conditions
Has anyone been on any of the bctt courses
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy