Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Fantasy trips

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
As I'm bored and its Friday afternoon what are people's ideal destinations for the following:

1 (Long) weekender
2 Week
3 Fortnight
4 Month
5 Season
6 Endless winter

Rules are reasonable but not limitless budget appropriate to timespan

Mine

1 Hard to beat a secret valley not far from Nendaz for easy airport access and chances of finding good snow without crowds
2 Don't know - this is the hardest time frame I think yet the one most people do. Base somewhere around La Grave and pick from Serre Che, L2A & AdH maybe? Or camper van around the Mont Blanc Unlimited area?
3 Powder triangle in BC - 3 or 4 out of Fernie, KH, Revy, Wh2o, Red
4 Take 3 further afield and hit Montana, Washington, Whistler or a month in Japan or maybe Salt Lake - Jackson-Bozeman
5 Study closely what El Nino or La Nina is likely to do.
6 December warm up somewhere in US/Canada, Jan/Feb storm chase in the alps (or this year buy a plane ticket back to US/Canada), March in Alaska, April -Jun spring ski in California, Wanaka then mid August - September in Las Llenas. Have a holiday in October wink
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
1. same secret valley, engelberg/andermatt, anywhere within a couple of hours' drive of GVA or ZRH really so long as you can weekend accommodation easily enough

2. agree this is a tough one. maybe for places too far from an airport to do in a weekend. St Moritz, Bernina is a place I'd like to check out again. i'd like to check out Sancy/Mont d'Or - maybe not for a full week but it's only really practical as part of a week trip. Steep Vanoise camp Smile

3. Hard to argue with interior BC

4 probably do interior BC then tack on a trip to Terrace for heli + Shames

5 La Grave with a car

6 Nov/Dec/early Jan - PNW; early Jan/Feb - Japan; Feb/early Mar - SLC; Mar/April - AK; April - early June touring in Europe (assuming good conditions); summer - either sit on a beach for a bit or go ski mountaineering in Antarctica; Aug-Sep Las Lenas; Oct - find another beach Cool

fancy some couloir skiing in Baffin Island and some more obscure stuff at some point so would need to find a way to fit them in too Confused
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
1 (Long) weekender - Krippenstein (or is that supposed to be a secret too Shock )/tours in the Salzkammergut
2 Week - Arlberg
3 Fortnight - tricky one, Cham/La Grave/somewhere snowy interior BC/Japan/Skandiland/Russia are all serious contenders
4 Month - Himlayas (Gulmarg) or Alaska
5 Season - Innsbruck with a car (or the Arlberg)
6 Endless winter - will come back later, too many options...
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Since I'm in the opposite coast, I'll provide some reverse preference for contrast! Very Happy

1) Weekender: Stowe, Sugarbush/Mad River Glen, Bretton Woods. Depending on snow forecast
2) Week: too many to list, depends entirely on snow forecast.
3) Fortnight: Japan!
4) Month: Japan again, maybe with side trips to Korea and China (not so much for skiing but for cultural experience with skiing mix)
5) Season: That's the hardest for me, haven't ever thought about it and not too much experience in such. But the focus, if I do a sesaon, would be to try to find a good location to get to know the local and explore the off-resort offerings tourist don't get to see. Chamonix perhaps?
6) Endless winter: That's actually an easy one. Japan for December/early-jan, Steamboat or Telluride (or interior Canada) for Jan/mid-Feb, Europe for Feb/March. Back to coastal US/Canada for April/May. June? could be NA or Europe depending on snow depth. July/Sept, split between SA and New Zeeland. Oct? Too good to waste on snow: Fall in New England! Nov: Depends on snow condition, it could be Europe or N.America.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy