Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

kitz and schladming

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
anyone have any advice on where to stay around kitz for the race in jan. looking at st johann . p.s. its got to have bus etc to kitz!!
priced flights to innsbruck ( no return from salzburg for some reason) with train trips to kitz from innsbruck return and shladming works out at 130 quid so bargain. any advice on surronding towns with public transport would be appreciated
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There is a shuttle train service from St. Johann on the race days. There are some details at http://hahnenkamm.com/directionsshuttle-trains.html. You can buy combined train and race course tickets (the train may even be free from St. Johann - it is from Oberndorf, the next station along the line). Presumably you get off at the Hahnenkamm station, right by the lift, but I have no idea how busy the lift is on race days (or whether there are restrictions because of the race teams). No doubt if you are going up the hill, you have to be there early. Of course, if you plan to stay down in the finish area, you wouldn't need the lift at all; the finish is only a few hundred metres from the station.

It would be possible to stay in other local villages too, e.g. in the Brixental (but be aware that the stations are sometimes some distance from the villages).
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Stay in Westendorf and you can ski over wink
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
clarky999 wrote:

Yes, with a short bus trip on the way. But it could be one route to get there if you wanted to watch the top part of the course. Again, though, you would have to be on the first lifts, for there is quite a distance to travel - right through the Westendorf area, bus, Pengelstein, Silberstube, Ehrenbachhöhe.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
clarky999 wrote:
a tall order if the DH kicks off at 10.

This far out it's worth banging out some enquiries to Kitzbuhel hotels and see if any will take a booking. Go for the smaller gasthof and B&B type places and someone will offer rooms.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Bode Swiller, Possibly I don't know Kitz that well (or the race timetable). It's quite possible to be in Kitz within an hour from leaving the top of the Alpenrosenbahn though.

You could get the train too, the station is a 15/20 minute walk, depending where in Westendorf you stay.

Other places may be better, but it seems a good option to me (although I would be staying in Kitz if I could, wouldn't want to miss the post race party wink )
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy