Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Scotland 2011/2012

Poster: A snowHead
Pretty good offer from Nevis if you ski and bike Smile

SNOWSPORTS: Open for end of season snowsports on Sat and Sun on the summit and some goose runs to Tower 4 where we are uplifting from. Un-pisted spring conditions with a mix of firm and soft snow, lots of natural hazards around.
Suitable for good intermediate skiers and boarders and above only - sorry no beginners or lower abilities.

Access via Quad chair (skis off for uploading and downloading)

Also anyone wishing to use the downhill tracks and ski/board on Sat or Sun can buy a bike day ticket for £30 and use it on both activities on that day. First time we have ever offered a ski from the summit followed by a bike down the downhill to the carpark!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Top-to-bottom shredding in the sun at Cairngorm Saturday.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?

^It's snowed a bit on CairnGorm Mountain this week.

^Heavy snow fall was relentless on Friday!! But turning fine for the weekend. snowHead

Not the best day for photographs it has to be said, but the underski conditions were sweet and the snow just kept coming all day long. With a fine and settled weekend forecast, well get up and play! Nevis Range is also open this weekend.

See http://www.winterhighland.info/pix/pixalbum.php?pix_id=788 for full report and more pix.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Not as good as Cairngorm but the Goose loading from Tower 4 looks fun...

snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Shame it's so busy Sad
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
^ Yep .... Nevis was almost deserted on the front side & we had the backs to ourselves. Skied 2 first (for me) gullys today, 'Easy Gully' & 'Spikes' and had first tracks in each. Arrived in Aviemore an hour ago, put up tent & sat in pub in town the now ready for some Cairngorm action tomorrow .... mountains look stunning in the evening sunshine. Pix tomorrow when I'm back home. For now, life is perfect! Smile
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Wow and even bigger WOW when I looked in the mirror, more sunblock tomorrow I think! It might be the end of April in the first season since mechanized snowsports begun in Scotland to have failed to spin a single tow in March, but this weekend a week of snow and perfect weekend weather have come together for the weekend of the season. CairnGorm Mountain was very busy, but very worth it, you want a bit of this, you really do! snowHead snowHead snowHead

^Party time on CairnGorm Mountain. Looking over the East Lady to the Funicular and Coire Cas from the Windy Ridge Tor.

^Ptarmigan Terrain Park has an informal lunchtime Jam today and Sunday, prizes for impressive tricks and wipeouts, and just for skiing past at the right time when stuff gets chucked!

^Open to all comers Dual Slalom on the Ptarmigan Ridge.

Stacks more pix: http://www.winterhighland.info/pix/pixalbum.php?pix_id=789
Also some different ones on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Winterhighland
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Amazing
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
What a fab weekend (apart from packing up the tent this morning all covered in frost). Anyway, the Scottish ski pr0n as promised.

Nevis was fabulous yesterday. Shame that almost everybody was at Cairngorm but great for us. I reckon that anybody who skied there will have got a lot more skiing in, and on better snow, than anybody that queued for a lift at Cairngorm today. Report & more photos ...

http://www.winterhighland.info/publicreports/index.php?50,2999

Started with 'Easy Gully' and that set the scene for first tracks wherever else we skied ...

Following my first ever ski(?) down Easy Gully, I watched one of the masters of ballsiness choosing an alternative route ...

McLeani motoring through Spikes ...

Cairngorm today

Nice bit of lift assisted touring in the morning but packed up early as it was so very busy that we genuinely couldn't be arsed to get through the throngs again.

Report & a couple of photos at winterhighland ...

http://www.winterhighland.info/publicreports/index.php?50,3000

From summit we skied down to Loch Avon ...

Then up again to ski a 3/4 length Sneachda ...

View down to car park @ Cairngorm today. Amazing and totally wrong, considering there were about 30 skiers using Nevis Range yesterday on its super-lush snow.

latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
^Is that your green and black tent by the footpath along the edge of the car park?
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Funny that, was thinking the same!

BTW, snow at Cairngorm was seriously lush Saturday, not as good this morning after a hard frost but softened nicely later on ... point taken about the queues tho!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
moffatross, gutted I couldn't make it out. Looks great!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Alans deep bath, it was excellent & sorry you couldn't enjoy it too. As well as the sun burn, I've still got a grin on my face now. Laughing

Winterhighland, no, I camped at High Range so I could go buy a beer & have a fish supper last night & get a hot shower this morning. I did see that tent in the Cas car park though & wondered who the lazy git was that hadn't still taken it down by 2 PM !!

roga, I guessed it might have been better yesterday because of all the tracks that had been left behind. Not this morning though ... the sunlit side of the summit towards Loch Avon had softened but the slope down into Sneachda at about midday was like skiing on builders rubble !!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
moffatross, hopefully there's some more winter still to come!
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
moffatross, i queued for a couple of lifts today at Cairngorm, but also found some fantastic snow 'over the back'.
Awesome day all round, great snow and blue sky/light winds

Don't know how anyone could have stayed within the Ski Area all day though, absolutely mobbed. Looked like they sold far too many tickets for the uplift available.
Still plenty off piste out there if you're willing to work for it. Very Happy
ski holidays
moffatross wrote:
What a fab weekend (apart from packing up the tent this morning all covered in frost). Anyway, the Scottish ski pr0n as promised.

Nevis was fabulous yesterday. Shame that almost everybody was at Cairngorm but great for us. I reckon that anybody who skied there will have got a lot more skiing in, and on better snow, than anybody that queued for a lift at Cairngorm today. Report & more photos ...

http://www.winterhighland.info/publicreports/index.php?50,2999

Started with 'Easy Gully' and that set the scene for first tracks wherever else we skied ...

Good set of photos.

April delivering some of the best conditions again.
ski holidays
Whitegold wrote:
Good set of photos.

April delivering some of the best conditions again.

Thanks. snowHead Yep, April skiing is so nice. Real warmth in any sunshine, the chance to get sunburned and a drive home in daylight.

Here's a little panorama from Nevis on Saturday. Summit gully is on the left of shot & the ski tracks on the right (coming into 'Spikes') are ours Smile ...

http://www.dermandar.com/p/emTYRk/aonach-mor-skier
snow conditions

^What the sign says. Coire Cas from the Ski Road.

^East Lady, White Lady, M1 from the Zig Zags.

^Looking down Coire Cas to Loch Morlich.

^Hitting the Ptarmigan Terrain Park on the Ciste Fairway.

Full Report and lots more Pix: http://www.winterhighland.info/pix/pixalbum.php?pix_id=790
ski holidays
It looks like you had a great time moffatross.

We're considering coming up this weekend. I'm sure there's enough snow. However I'm a little put off by the large numbers skiing, what were the queuing times like for lifts?
latest report
I'm due to be in Scotland visting the other half's family from Tuesday to Friday next week and since I'm driving I'll seriously have to consider taking the kit if the snow lasts after the long weekend. Great photos!
snow conditions
random thought.. is there any Wifi up at CairnGorm?
snow report
feef, considering "working from home" from Cairngorm? Laughing
ski holidays
bobmcstuff, basically yes..

Wouldn't be this season, but I'm just about finished converting my transit into a camper (with Eberspacher heater). Working hours are flexible enough I could maybe spend a week up there, getting an early start on work and being finished so I could ski the afternoons Smile
snow report
looks like its snowing out there again!
snow conditions
I had plaaned to come to Scotland next week for my 30th, but will be going Sailing in Suffolk instaed, looks like i made the wrong choice Sad
snow report
feef, there is wifi in the Daylodge, it works in the Cas Bar, not sure where the actual router is or how far into the carpark it works. With Three you can get 3G/HSDPA in the carpark.
snow report
Those up today are going to have had a glorious last couple of hours with a top of new snow overnight and this morning, now this:

ski holidays
Winterhighland wrote:
feef, there is wifi in the Daylodge, it works in the Cas Bar, not sure where the actual router is or how far into the carpark it works. With Three you can get 3G/HSDPA in the carpark.

I've got Three, and could MAYBE work with that... Hmm.. I'll need to bear that in mind for next season Smile

ta
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
feef, Make sure you fit a carbon monoxide detector in your van. We don't want to lose a snowhead.
snow conditions
Mrs NBT wrote:
feef, Make sure you fit a carbon monoxide detector in your van. We don't want to lose a snowhead.

Oh don't worry about that.. it's very well ventilated and will have a detector fitted. It's something I'm familiar with having been mucking about in boats most of my life.
ski holidays
Mrs NBT wrote:
It looks like you had a great time moffatross.

We're considering coming up this weekend. I'm sure there's enough snow. However I'm a little put off by the large numbers skiing, what were the queuing times like for lifts?

The lift queues looked horrible but we only queued for one once.

Going on past experience of late season skiing though, whenever there's been a couple of weekends of good stuff on the trot, interest quickly drops off 2nd time around anyway so I don't think there'll be the same public enthusiasm for a Cairngorm fix this coming weekend. So despite being a public holiday and even if there's sunshine & freshies, my guess is it should be much quieter.
snow conditions
After the fabulous weekend I took a day off and did some biking today and got some fabulous views of the mountains this afternoon, all looking very white.

They are looking great right now in the early evening sun, there's fluffy white cloud hanging over the tops but the slopes that are visible from where I am (White Lady mainly) look white, white, white!

Looking forward to getting up there for a play tomorrow and it's looking like some more sun and great conditions over the next few days after a slightly misty start in the morning.

Forecast says getting much, much colder at the weekend and possibly staying cold beyond with more snow to come.

Frankly I'd say get up if you can and have some fun coz it's bloody fantastic at the moment!
ski holidays
The M1 queue was moving quickly given the size of it, the one time I did actually check the time it was 8 minutes and a couple of people have said that it was rarely over 10mins. I've seen similarly sized queues earlier in the season take about 30mins - the difference was almost zero stoppages (only saw one wipeout loading all weekend) and the poma running full tilt with minimal hanger spacing, don't think the M1 Poma has been worked that hard for a while! It was a nice sight seeing a virtually empty hanger rack (which means optimum capacity), it's usually half to 2/3rds full.
snow conditions
roga, Thanks for the info. I'm keeping my eye on the snow reports and the conditions at Cairngorm. I remember skiing there late April one year with you and the conditions were lovely for spring.

Don't forget to wear your sunscreen?

The weather was so warm and sunny in Manchester today, that I finally had chance to wash and waterproof all our ski gear, best of all everything dried outside, except for the gloves!
snow report
hopeful for the weekend...
http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=ski%3Bpage%3D6%3Btype%3Dwinter%3Bcountry%3DScotland%3Bresort%3DGlencoe%3Bsess%3D#forecast
snow report
Friday afternoon booked off work. I'll be sorting accommodation over lunch, I think...
latest report
nbt, are you going?? Damn, I'm really tempted, but I'd have to juggle a few things first.
latest report
moffatross, Lovely pics Happy Wish I was there.
snow conditions
Mosha Marc, was tempted to go last weekend but couldn't get it to work. Managing to get friday afternoon off has made it work for me - leave work at lunch, grab a bite to eat @ Tebay, arrive aviemore early evening for a pint. Ski saturday / Sunday, maybe monday morning but maybe not, head back down, back to work on Tuesday
snow report
I'm trying to work out if the kids gymnastics is on or not...
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy