Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Heather Mills badly injures shoulder in skiing fall

Poster: A snowHead
According the regional newspaper, Kleine Zeitung, Heather Mills has sustained a serious shoulder injury in a ski accident in the Austrian Alps. She fell while skiing on the Moelltal Glacier on Wednesday morning and was flown by helicopter to the nearby hospital in Lienz....See: http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5hh5vmIHxyV29Tm4bOBYxzTVoqbsg?docId=CNG.1e5b01d7a0facaec3f2717d2dd941611.61
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
That's terrible new... sorry can't keep a straight face.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It gives me a warm feeling when we mock the physically disabled, especially those who may be aspiring Paralympic athletes. Well done us rolling eyes
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Guvnor, I would not put money on her getting to the Paralympics. The GBR places have gone to competitors using sit skis rather than those in standing categories at recent events.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
rjs, I don't care personally if she does or doesn't - as long as people can still laugh and make jokes at the expense at those who have lost limbs through no fault of their own.....free speech, innit rolling eyes
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Guvnor wrote:
It gives me a warm feeling when we mock the physically disabled, especially those who may be aspiring Paralympic athletes. Well done us rolling eyes
Agreed 100% Evil or Very Mad
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Didn't paul sing

"the movement you need is on your shoulder" in hey Jude !! Very Happy

Guvnor, i dont think anyone has EVER laughed at her disability, its her personality that is the big issue !
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Guvnor, +1
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
How can you not like someone who has a £1.4million ski chalet and doesn't need it anymore. Wink

Keeping with the skiing theme I didn't realize until now that Heather has worked in Austria before though ....

Quote:
Mills was living with her ski instructor Miloš Pogačar in Croatia in 1990, just before the Croatian War started and later organised supplies for Croatia, accepting modelling assignments in Austria to pay for the trip. In London, in 1993, Mills was hit by a police motorbike and suffered serious injuries, losing part of her left leg, 6 inches below her knee. She later sold her story to the News of the World and used the proceeds to establish the Heather Mills Health Trust, which recycles discarded prosthetic limbs.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Sorry, but why all the Schadenfreude?

Do any of you personally know the lady or are you basing your opinions on what you read in the likes of the daily newspapers? How do we know that Paul McCartney isn't at least in part as bad as she claimed, are you all best buddies with him? Saint John Lennon didn't have much time for the guy, did he!

She made a big mistake in marrying the guy and then trying to take him to the cleaners, but since the divorce she has not done anything as far as I can read of to have such nastiness always poured on her. I don't think he came out of the reporting as being worthy of sainthood.

Maybe she will maybe she won't make it to the team, but at least she is giving it her best shot, which is more than can be said for most of the revilers.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
She is buying a plane with her divorce settlement .... and is planning to use Immac on the other leg.

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=893938&highlight=heather#893938

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=454290&highlight=heather#454290

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1544481&highlight=heather#1544481

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1669149&highlight=heather#1669149

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1669153&highlight=heather#1669153
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Samerberg Sue wrote:
How do we know that Paul McCartney isn't at least in part as bad as she claimed, are you all best buddies with him?

Yes such disputes are hard to prove but this must be the first time anyone believed the Scouser. Wink
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Does anyone seriously give a monkey's? Confused
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Having had Paul McCartney stay in a hotel I was working in I can assure you that he is one of the most down to earth superstars around. To the extent of not only signing autographs on his way out of the hotel to stopping and posing for mobile phone pics, unlike some stars he was not bothered in the slightest by the attention.
We did have a little problem when he called room service and the girl that took his call was so overcome to be talking to him that she didn't have a clue what he ordered Laughing
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

but why all the Schadenfreude?

happily there's not much schadenfreude in this thread and several people have indicated their distaste for it. To which I'll add mine.
ski holidays
Hey, all you lot, get your own high horse - my reputation is in tatters
ski holidays
All the very best of luck to her, as to her marriage/divorce who cares. The whole celebrity cult reflects very poorly on those who get excited about such things.............Get a Life
snow report
http://www.disabilitysnowsport.org.uk/
click on DSUK forum and see where that leads you to Shocked Shocked
Looks like the mods have been pruning, perhaps a bit more pruning would now be in order.
latest report
Is losing a leg 6 inches below the knee really much of a disability? She's certainly made the most of it over the years.
latest report
PeteMan, try it and see how you get on rolling eyes

What a bloody crass and unfeeling statement. Regardless of how you feel about someone's personality, especially one who the majority of us only know through the media, no-one "deserves" to lose a leg. Yes she has turned her misfortune into her fortune - to me that shows an amazing strength of character. Whether I like her or not is totally irrelevant.
latest report
PeteMan, idiotic thing to say... therefore, you are an idiot.
latest report
PeteMan, I guess that would depend on weather or not you are an idiot.

In Heather Mills case she was a model before the accident, so a big difference as most models are hired for their looks, rarely are disabled people used as models (sad but true).

As to weather its a disability, imagine trying to learn to walk all over again with no feeling and response in one foot and ankle, not to mention the problems this lack of feeling creates in day to day situations , riding a bike, driving a car and so on, in her case it was the left leg so driving an automatic would I guess not give any problems but still.

As for the woman herself I suspect she's prone (as with many celebrities) to self promotion and importance, certainly some of the stories suggest that, however she has done a lot of work for amputees and several other charities so perhaps she's not as bad as the press seem to paint her
snow report
Hurtle wrote:

if she did manage to get into the team, it would lift the profile of paralympic skiing - that seems like a good thing to me.
snow conditions
i am with iainm on this
latest report
im all for her, good on her for giving it a go!! personally i think she has a lot of courage to face all the flak, and to be determined to reach her goal. I dont know her therefore i cant and wont comment on her personality.
snow report
D G Orf wrote:
PeteMan, I guess that would depend on weather or not you are an idiot.

In Heather Mills case she was a model before the accident, so a big difference as most models are hired for their looks, rarely are disabled people used as models (sad but true).

As to weather its a disability, imagine trying to learn to walk all over again with no feeling and response in one foot and ankle, not to mention the problems this lack of feeling creates in day to day situations , riding a bike, driving a car and so on, in her case it was the left leg so driving an automatic would I guess not give any problems but still.

As for the woman herself I suspect she's prone (as with many celebrities) to self promotion and importance, certainly some of the stories suggest that, however she has done a lot of work for amputees and several other charities so perhaps she's not as bad as the press seem to paint her

And there was me thinking she was a hooker before her accident.

I grant you that losing a leg below the knee is very unpleasant but should not be life changing. I've known motor bikers who have had a similar injuries and have recovered fully with virtually no impact on their activities. Losing a leg above the knee is far more debilitating.

Regarding her career, she has been far more successful as a result of her accident than she would have been without it. In fact she'd probably still be married to Paul McC if she wasn't such a pathological liar and complete nutter.

Still if you lot want to feel sorry for her then go ahead but I'm not fooled.
latest report
iainm wrote:
Hurtle wrote:

if she did manage to get into the team, it would lift the profile of paralympic skiin

Would it?
snow report
PeteMan, doesn't matter how you try and dress it up - you're a first class T!T Repeat as much smut as you like from the dregs of the tabloids, it does not change a thing.

No-one deserves to lose any part of their anatomy, regardless of how they make their money. And who the he!! are you to make judgements one way or the other about someone you only know through the media? Grow up or run along and play with your toys.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Firstly, I have not said that she deserves it.

Secondly, if the stories were not true she would have sued for slander.

Sorry but I'll save my sympathy for others with far greater disabilities and without the luxury of £23,000,000 in the bank. If you want to see real victims then get out to India or Africa (like I do) then you might have a different perspective.
latest report
a good friend of mine is a ski instructor in Valdisere, he was involved in teaching her how to ski, now he,s a very nice family man and always courteous (and hes french!!) the words he used to describe her and that week were not for family hearing!!< not a nice lady apparently
snow report
I had a very pleasant chat with her once - around 15 years ago I guess. Up-close and personal she was very down to earth and friendly. Undoubtedly things have changed a bit... probably 50% her and 50% media-driven image, but I hope she achieves her goal.
ski holidays
Please close this drivel before we waste any more electrons on it!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy