Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski boots

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

From the forum I believe people recommend Solutions4feet and Profeet for ski fitter.

I am thinking of giving SkiBartlett a go (Greater London area).

Problem is: as a beginner (4th week in 2012) I haven't got a clue what and how to choose a ski boot. It will be my first pair so unsure how much to spend, which brand/model, etc

My ski style is leisure, enjoy the landscape, chill out, i.e., not a kamikase or mad for speed.

Any comments/suggestions are much appreciated.

Cheers, rb51
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
redbaron51, read the 'sticky' at the top of the ER/Q page rolling eyes wink
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=20110
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The guys at Bartletts know their stuff, and have been fitting boots for a long time. You will be safe in their hands - let them guide you through the process, that's what you're paying them for.

They will advise brands, models, and will no doubt ask about your budget before they start and try and work within that.

If you're not happy, say so. If something isn't clear, say so. Remember that they can recommend and spend a lot of time with you but there is no obligation to buy the boot they suggest if you don't think it is right. I would be quite surprised if they don't get you sorted - a couple of friends have had very positive experiences there in recent months.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
and if it all goes wrong you can go to CEM at www.solutions4feet.co.uk in Bicester and pay him to sort your boots out Laughing
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I have no experience of SkiBartlett for boot fitting, but assuming they are a decent shop, all you need to do is tell them what level you are at. You don't need to do any prior research on brands/models as it will be largely irrelevant. A good boot fitter will be able to assess what brand/model of boot is most appropriate for your foot shape and ability. How much you will need to spend also depends to some extent on how normal your feet are i.e. how much additional work will be required to achieve a decent fit eg. custom footbeds, boot shell mods etc.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
just thought I'd add something,
as it's now end of season you may of course pick up a bargain, however the choice will probably much less than usual and the best boot for your foot shape may not be available

personally I'd wait 5 months
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

Problem is: as a beginner (4th week in 2012) I haven't got a clue what and how to choose a ski boot. It will be my first pair so unsure how much to spend, which brand/model, etc

That's not a problem at all, a good bootfitter will tell you what to get - you may be offered a choice of a couple of boots, ie what feels more comfortable, but the fitter will do the hard part for you.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy