Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Arlberg snow report 2011/12

Poster: A snowHead
fatbob wrote:
Any latest intelligence as to snow conditions? - sorted to come out this weekend and agonsing over quiver selection - kinda hoping it's warm enough in the day that if it's not fresh powder it'll be straight to spring snow as would like to avoid hardpack.

There's hardly any hard pack around at all, even first thing this morning up at Kapall (2300), sleet was falling up there at about 10 this morning which dampened things further. The warm days and warm nights (not below zero) means that it's pretty slushy everywhere, although the temperatures are dropping gradually. There's still plenty of cover it's just really quite wet.

The best snow we have found so far was up Stubenbach yesterday morning.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Andybag, That's what I'm most afraid of - that freezing temps will turn all that lovely isothermic snow to coral reef. Fingers crossed.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It's now raining steadily in the town now so hopefully tonight the rain will turn to snow and we'll get a needed top up of fresh stuff. fatbob, I don't think the temperatures will get near low enough to solidify much of the slush, just a bit of a crust on top. I'll update more tomorrow as we're heading up Valluga early(ish) so that's likely to have the frostiest snow
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
It is already reading 0C at Osthang & UlmerHutte. The overnight temperatures the next few days will be getting down to -5 to -8C and above 2000M during the day we can expect negative C as well.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
www.snow-forecast.com now indicating Heavy Snow (14 cms) for Lech on Wednesday night!

http://www.snow-forecast.com/resorts/Lech/6day/mid

Not quite what Lech-Zurs website says ........
http://www.lech-zuers.at/xxl/_lang/en/_season/at2/_area/585621/_subArea/594016/_inc/wetter/index.html

Lucky me!! There is a God after all! snowHead
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
fatbob, just so you know the snow did not really materialise last night, just a light dusting up high, which meant dust on crust until about 10ish. The wind picked up this afternoon but the overcast conditions meant that the snow was a lot less wet today and was alround far better than it has been. I'm not sure if it will snow tonight as the skies seem pretty clear (clouds are gathering to the west though). Looks like we could be waiting a bit for that powder (me especially as we are off home after tomorrow)
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Snow is falling at 1,500 metres ... http://webtv.feratel.com/webtv/?design=960p&pg=519378F0-A62A-49E4-8095-B30D2BB58829&cam=5810
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Pretty cloudy and misty/drizzly here in Innsbruck, pretty warm too (not convinced it's cold enough to snow up Nordkette yet). Planning on St Anton tomorrow (Sunday and Monday) as the weather looks promising for some powder, anyone on the ground reckon it's worthwhile? Also got free days to use at Ischgl, thinking a bit of extra height might help matters, but I prefer St Anton really...

In the meanwhile, we're off to Innsbruck Alpenzoo to watch the otters Cool
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
How's the snow? Is there any hard snow to be found or is it all slush still?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Snowing steadily this morning, slowly turning town white.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
clarky999, if you're still reading, where did you go? I'm in Ischgl trying to decide whether to stay or to go to St A
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Still trying to decide... Will be in Anton on Monday definitely, not sure whether to go today or save it for the storm later in the week. How much fresh is there?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Just getting up the mountain in ischgl, but i think 20-30 cm. Pm me your no if you head this way.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Went to St Anton in the end, but didn't get there 'til about 12 as I couldn't find my barstard transceiver (can't find it either, anyone know where to rent one in the Arlberg?). Pretty poor tbh, 10cms dust on horrible refrozen crud.

However, turns out my mate was skiing knee-deep in Stuben all day, it's still snowing like f*** there, and "tomorrow will be legendary." Know where I'm going tomorrow (if I find a transceiver at least...)!!

How was Ischgl in the end horizon?
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Som terrific powder on piste first thing this morning. Inevitably as more people took to the slopes soft snow was piled to one side and hard frozen piste broke through, but great whilst it lasted. Off piste was mixed. Great soft snow on top, but very dependent on what was underneath. Visibility and the sudden snow and freeze on spring conditions making this tricky to judge. Still a terrific day and the next two look promising. Lots of fun at the closing party at Heustadl this evening.
ski holidays
clarky999, Around the corner in St Christoph,and came through SA around 11.00. Better up on Rendl,and found some soft on R6? Not great anywhere to be honest,but looking much better for Weds/Thurs. Might be a tad damp down low tomorrow. It was combat skiing pm on top of Galzig. Zero viz and blowing a good un. Heard that Stuben was much better and deserted. Might take a stroll that way tomorrow,worth a shot. Fingers crossed for a powder mid week Cool
ski holidays
clarky999, Jennewein by Galzig do tranceivers, airbags the lot.. Think its only like €8 for a tranceiver as well..
ski holidays
Uclarky999, got a spare tranny if you can get to nasserein shell petrolq station by 8 50 am. Redkecks possibly near a dodgy romanian in vicinity.

Embarassed
snow conditions
fatbob, thanks a lot for the offer, we're running a wee bit late now though. How's it looking out there? Have a good day guys!
latest report
Folks, a great Winter conditions day!

Bar Closures

I've had to. Keep quiet last few months but the news is out now.

RIP

Jackys Bar closed lastnight for the very last time.

The new Murrmel bar is up for sale/rent!

Pub 37 is ceasing (no date confirmed on that)

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Thu 12-04-12 18:36; edited 1 time in total
latest report
Murrmel's already been rented out for next season, not sure who by tho.
snow report
I like the design of Murrmel's building, but the atmosphere was fairly dull and it felt overpriced. Maybe something more like Schneggarei might work? With a funky band. Cheap good food, a log fire for winter and some decent wine.

Fantastic first thing this morning. Crisp, sunny and blue skies. Pistes absolutely perfect. Plenty of soft snow to be found off piste as well. Stayed cool and sunny till lunchtime on Rendl before cloud moved in and a slightly warm, overcast and (very light) snowy mix took over. By late afternoon Galzig was building up some rather cheeky slushy moguls to bounce in amongst. All in all lots of fun!
snow report
Today was pretty damn good. Stuben was the tits this morning, pure powder playground (only about 20cms though, maybe drifted to 30cms in places). More fun stashes around Albona towards lunchtime, and slushy bumps around Galzig after. Great fun. Still plenty of fresh tracks to be had down into St Christoph this afternoon, but styaed away as temperatures rose. A fair amount of small slide/sluff debris around Stuben on the way back down, be careful tomorrow as it continues to warm (saying that, was still snowing [lightly] at the end of the day around Schindlergrat and down into Stuben.

Hopefully more snow Thursday-ish, depending on what the temperatures do...

First time I've seen it, but the thing replacing Funky's/Platzl/Pomodoro is a grim, boring monstrosity. Really can't understand why two of the best bars in St Anton were torn down for that. Is it, by any chance, the new 'Murrmel bar' stanton refers to above?
ski holidays
Nozawaonsen, are you up for a beer tOnight in St A? I'll buy. small thanks for all the weather work. I'll pm you my no.

(was supposed to drive back to Bxl tonight, but staying an extra day as conditions are ace)
latest report
horizon, thanks for generous offer, but busy tonight, hope you have a good one and enjoy the sun and snow tomorrow!

clarky999, no the Murrmel is on the corner next to the Spa. What do you mean you can't see value of switching bars for Bipa? Bipa is very useful. KKs is being bought out by Boots next season (lie!).
ski holidays
Smashing conditons through till lunch today. Spent day in Zurs and Lech. Fresh tracks to be had all over the place and from mid morning blazing blue skies. After lunch became heavy and clouded over. Before sun burst through for après at Moose. Nice day. Winter threatening tomorrow...
snow conditions
Folks,
Winter returned in force today. Good few cms fallen in last few hours.

Fierce wind up on Galzig which has blown the top surface off to Innsbruck.

Kandahar is for Ice Skaters ONLY!

Town is pretty much closed up now.

If your looking for a quiet time to ski,now is the time!
latest report
stanton, snowing properly? Just raining her in Innsbruck, much too warm for snow even up Nordkette I think.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Snowing properly. Only light in town but heavier higher up. Inevitably drop in temperatures from yesterday's full on spring means everything beneath fresh snow froze. And with poor visibility, challenging is a fair description! I'd probably prefer without the fresh snow to be honest as the switching temperatures are never giving a chance for spring snow to form properly, but I'm being picky. Yesterday was terrific. Tomorrow should be good.
snow report
Only down side to tomorrow is that it is the season end parties at both Cuba and Dooley's tonight!
snow report
Started at 9.00 am & Skied the Weiss Ring today and finished at 4.00 PM with lots of runs up high in Lech. Almost deserted everywhere & the Weiss Ring was pretty moody with cloud cover & falling snow. Challenging at times & every tiime I ventured away from the piste I regretted it. Thin cover of fresh (maybe 4-6 inches at the very best) on top of concrete with some nasty lumps.

Still got steady light snow in Lech village at the moment. Sunshine tomorrow & freshies ... happy days. Very Happy
latest report
Was up in Lech too. Much better than expected with the snowfall filling stuff in nicely.. tomorrow should be good. Anyone up for some off piste laps shoot me a pm.
snow report
Will have to see if I can get out of lunch with gf's friends Confused
snow conditions
clarky999, Do it. Possibly last semi pow day of season .You know you.'ve made the decision already
ski holidays
Was up Valluga late am,poor viz but a good 4" of light powder over flat base...and hardly a soul to be seen. Great couple of runs before it got scraped. Mid areas around Galzig a bit touchy. Wind blown exposing frozen patches,well sketchy at times. Snow has helped St Anton. Still soft,but at least it's not pouring off the hill wink Snow has stopped for the moment in St Christoph but hoping ofor a touch more overnight. Have a good day all.
latest report
fatbob wrote:
clarky999, Do it. Possibly last semi pow day of season .You know you.'ve made the decision already

Yep, but unfortunately it's not my decision that counts lol!

Hopefully The Powers That Be will be in a good mood when she gets back from the gym...
ski holidays
fatbob, pm-ed you
ski holidays
Fanatstic conditions in St.Anton at the moment. Powder day today. More snow on the way tonight and over the next few days. Anyone who can get a spontaneous few days in I can only recommend getting over here for next week. The pistes will be completely empty!
ski holidays
Today was the tits except when you hit crust underneat unexpectedly. A bit of suncrust forming in pm. Some sliding on steep south facing slopes in pm.
ski holidays
Fantastic conditions on and off piste (with a little hike) this morning in Zurs. Sun shining. Crisp and cold. Squeaky snow. Great.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy