Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Swiss balls

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I recently had a conversation with a personal trainer on a chair lift about core strength. He asked me if I had a Swiss ball. I told him I never had cause to talk to either of them! Then in a moment of being sensible I got a ball, blew it up and sat on it while I had my tea and watched the telly.
It then loitered around the front room for a few weeks like an extra from, "The Prisoner" before it got deflated and put in the cupboard. Perhaps I should have watched the DVD.
Please, save my Swiss ball from becoming another unused gadget, like the abs cruncher and the stretchy bands.
Swiss balls!
What do you do with yours?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Moriarty, I kneel on it mainly, then do weight exercises with dumbells / bars etc. You can also get someone to throw a medicine ball to you, great fun catching one handed Madeye-Smiley

Loads more exercises you cvan be done on them - boring people just use 'em for situps - makes them easy Toofy Grin
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Moriarty, Use it with dumbells as if you were bench pressing on a standard bench. That is brilliant for core strength. Also get in a press up position with the ball under your knees. Draw your knees up to your chest (but without burning your backside on a lightbulb) all the time concentrating on your stomach muscles. Sitting on it for shoulder presses is another good use.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
It sits in the front bedroom and is occaisionally rolled out of the way so I can get at the bookshelves Embarassed

Tried some feeble leg raise exercises, but know there is a whole wonderful world of exercises out there...
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
well this Swiss ball was blown back up again this morning..................
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
loads of stuff you can do. here are some examples which are great for ski fitness;
place the ball between the small of your back and a wall, then lean back on it and do 2 leg squats with a 5-10 sec hold at the bottom. Ensure knees track over toes and don't go past your toes
when easy, do the same but on 1 leg
place the ball between your hip and a wall (you are standing side on to the wall), and do 1 leg (outer leg, ie furthest from wall) squats
lie on your back with both feet on the ball, raise your hips off the ground & curl the ball towards you (swiss ball curls). Great for your hamstrings and ACL protection
when easy, do the same but on 1 leg
lie on your back, both feeton the ball, lift 1 leg off the ball and hold the 1 leg bridge
place shoulder & head on ball, facing up, with feet on ground and knees bent at 90 deg. Lift 1 leg and hold.
when easy, after 1 leg is lifted, dip your hips on the supporting leg without twisting or collapsing in the core
supermans: lie prone on ball, lift 1 arm and the opposite leg and hold. repeat other side
planks: hold a plank with elbows on ball
when easy, extend the ball out using your elbows whilst holding core stable, or lift each leg alternately to challenge balance
side planks; lie sideways on ball, supporting yourself with elbows on ball and side of foot on floor, and body in straight line. Hold, or lower hip to ground slowly and then raise up
jacknifes: feet on ball in press up position, keep core strong and curl ball towards you by flexing knees/hips
when easy, do on 1 leg
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I recently did a couple of sets of dumbbell training on it as opposed to doing it on a weights bench, the difference was unbelievable - i was exhausted, and my stomach muscles had a really good work. Can look like a bit of a wally on the first go, but well worth trying it out!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
jak45, Yup, all the exercises you usually use a bench for, even reverse butterflies, do them on the ball with slightly lighter weights and feel those core and stabilising muscles get to work Shocked
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy