Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Which would be the best to go to on a Saturday morning?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Thinking of going Skiing tomorrow and wondered where everyone would recommend on a Saturday morning, or is it best to avoid a saturday morning as we dont want it to be too busy!
We went to Manchester in the afternoon the other week and the slope was in an awful condition and dont want to experience that again so whichever one we go to we'd get there for when they opened.

Any thoughts or advice would be great

Thanks in advance Very Happy
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
depends where you live and how far you want to travel?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Really don't mind we'd go tonight and stay over
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
emsie, Hemel Hempstead is very nice & has good snow quality. I'd recommend it if you can get there. They open at 8 on the weekends http://www.thesnowcentre.com/opening-hours
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
hemel, snow will be great if you get there for 8am and you can do the full day pass if you have come a long way
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
emsie, When did you go to Manchester ?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
went to manchester 22nd April and the top of the slope was just ice along with the bottom and the rest of the slope really wasn't in a better condition, plus there was a group of people that was obvious they had never skied in their lives but were allowed on the slopes with no instructor, everyone was shocked they weren't taken off the slope plus they kept stopping the lifts contantly because they couldnt use them!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks Cathy and figg4 i shall go and have a look on hemels website
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
emsie, almost anywhere will be good on a sat am off season esp if you're there early
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
slikedges, It is worth checking whether there are any races planned at indoor slopes though, I have seen people get a bit of a strop on when they find out they can only use half the width.

That was why I asked which day emsie had been to Manchester, there were races on the 23rd and 24th that chewed up the snow quite a bit.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Bit late but given a choice on a Sat morning I'd prob go to Manchester (I wouldn't, I'd go to Tamworth 'cause its local...but you get my point). Let us know where you ended up and your honest opinion on it!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
emsie wrote:
Really don't mind we'd go tonight and stay over

That's what I call commitment! I struggle to get motivated enough for a 25 min drive to MK.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
rjs wrote:
slikedges, It is worth checking whether there are any races planned at indoor slopes though, I have seen people get a bit of a strop on when they find out they can only use half the width.

That was why I asked which day emsie had been to Manchester, there were races on the 23rd and 24th that chewed up the snow quite a bit.

Sorry, v.good point. F'instance big race both today and tomorrow at MK Embarassed
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy