Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Interski

Poster: A snowHead
Has anyone ever done a BASI Instructors course with INTERSKI in Italy?

If so...How was it? Can you recommend?

Also another question...

To work as a Ski Instructor in Italy, do you have to be level 3 or 2? I've seen conflicting information.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I did my level 1 last week..

Our trainer said that each part of italy operates under different rules and he knows plenty of people who work out there with L2's...
Just investigate and find out which companies would accept you with an L2
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
spud, Interski will take you with a L2 with which you can work as an instructor for 4 weeks per season in the Aosta Valley.

Their instructor courses are very good and offer all of the shadowing hours, together with quality instruction.

I've been with Interski for 2 seasons now and will be going back next year. They're the best in the business at what they do.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for that heads up Folks.

I've just been doing a bit of research on different courses, and tbh they interest me a lot.

I'm thinking of doing an intensive 4 week Italian Language course in Italy over the summer, with the intention of getting my Level 2 BASI by the end of next winter, then working in Italy in the future as an Instructor.

Interski can only offer 4 weeks employment, if i understand correctly?

As JP23 said, I presume it needs a bit more investigation as to who will employ you in Italy, with just a L2.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
spud, You can work for them for the whole season, doing maybe Resort Team job combined with teaching for 4 weeks.

Local Aosta regulation stipulate maximum 4 weeks instructing, even if you only teach 1 day in 1 week that still counts as one of your weeks. You sign on with the police on a Monday morning, checks your licence and passport.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Cheers for that mate.

What a strange regulation. Do you know what the reason for it is?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

What a strange regulation. Do you know what the reason for it is?

Basically, Italian law says you shouldn't be able to teach at all with a level 2. Interski argued pretty strongly that this would mean that there wouldn't be enough instructors for them to be able to run their holidays, so a special agreement was reached for the Aosta valley area.

That's my understanding anyway.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
spud, The Italians tried to be more restrictive a few years back to only allow 1 week's teaching, but Interski bring 14,000 people to Aosta each season so they can be quite persuasive in their negotiations.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Most instructors with Interski are BASI L2 or equivalent (you can earn a lot more elsewhere if you are ISIA+)

I have worked for them for several weeks and they are great at what they do - everything pretty much runs like clockwork and every last detail is sorted for you, so nothing extra to worry about.

spud, if you intend to get to BASI L2 you might prefer to work somewhere like Switzerland the following winter, where you need no further qualification. To work full time as an instructor in Italy you will need BASI ISTD or equivalent which will take at least a few years (and lots of money!) to achieve.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
spud, I did my L2 out in Pila with Interski back in 2003. It's a great place to do it as they're very well organised, you'll get all the shadowing hours you need with a variety of instructors and levels of skier, and the training is great. They were the training ground for a number of excellent L4s who now work in France and elsewhere.

Once you've got your L2 though you may need to look at Switzerland or Austria to work initially.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
spud,
Generally to work as an instructor you need ISTD (L4); however you can work for a limited length of time with other qualification (L2 & L3). You can also work with some other association's qualifications and not with others, ie. you can't work in our area with (for example) a Canadian (This has something to do with the number of modules required to get their top award) or Romanian licence (this has something to do with the fact that you can buy them on ebay) in our area but you can with a Russian licence (more due to the large amounts of Russians that want to book lessons than anything else).

This said, there are many areas, regions in Italy and they all have their own arrangements and regulations and the best way to find out with apply to a specific area is to contact the local AMSI office (AMSI is the equivalent of BASI).
Contact here http://www.amsi.it/it/index.php

In most areas and regions you can work legally for a few weeks each year with an L2 – the number of week varies with each region. With an L3 you can work for a few week up to the full season, depending, again, on the local regs and whether you can get yourself signed-off by the local AMSI affiliated ski school (this is normally the local Scuola Italiana Sci Nationale – with any other schools you may get some grief without an L4)

So Puzzled

You need L4 to work in Italy but you can work for a limited amount of time with L2 and L3 depending on whether your face fits or the local AMSI decide otherwise. Yep I know it confusing.

I think (not sure) that the Aosta Valley region has a deal with BASI, or someone else, that will allow people to work with an L2 for a few weeks. Best bet would be to call BASI and speak to them, as I do know the situation (in all areas) changes now and again and so you’ll need to find out the current regs for the area you want to work in.

Good luck
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

Interski bring 14,000 people to Aosta each season so they can be quite persuasive in their negotiations.

Shocked Laughing
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

Interski bring 14,000 people to Aosta each season so they can be quite persuasive in their negotiations.

Shocked Laughing
Both my Daughters have been on school ski trips with Interski to Courmayer over the past 3 years and have had a very enjoyable time. The School staff have nothing but praise for Interski and al of it's staff.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
spud,
If are just looking for a few weeks work then you don't have to restrict yourself to working in the Aosta Valley.
Check out these jobs (click the UK flag for translation - but you'll need to e mail in Italian as a first contact)
Note the French jobs you'll need L4 - not sure about th other one's but I "think" (may be wrong) that L2/L3 will do for the others.

http://www.amsi.it/it/job/index.php
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Wow...Thanks for all the replys folks. Really appreciate the help. Plenty to think about.

I've heard nothing but positive things about Interski, so i'm going to contact them soon.

Working in Switzerland also appeals. If i can do that on a L2 for a couple of winter seasons, and still keep progressing towards higher qualifications, then it would be ideal. Cool
snow conditions
They're not bad to work for. Not as good as they used to be but not bad.
latest report
spud, for instructor questions ask for Emma Stocks emma at interski dott co dot uk she is very helpful and a basiod as well
snow conditions
I have CSIA Level 2 and I'm being employed by Inter Ski for two weeks at Easter in the Aosta Valley.
ski holidays
wayne wrote:
spud,
If are just looking for a few weeks work then you don't have to restrict yourself to working in the Aosta Valley.
Check out these jobs (click the UK flag for translation - but you'll need to e mail in Italian as a first contact)
Note the French jobs you'll need L4 - not sure about th other one's but I "think" (may be wrong) that L2/L3 will do for the others.

http://www.amsi.it/it/job/index.php

Link not happy and no translation I can see on the page it throws to. Any chance of having a look at it?
snow report
@Jake43,
It's 4 years old
snow conditions
Opps spot the brain cell
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy