Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Investing in the Mountains

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
davidof, I suspect, just like the UK holiday lettings rules being introduced, that there will be a minimum number of weeks rental before you can claim the exemption. They could even decide that the exemption only applies to long-term lets, and not to holiday propertoes. The devil will be in the detail. I've asked on the Lay my Hat forum of anyone has any more info. One of the regulars has contacts with a French avocat who is very active on the subject of property taxes and letting.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Well this news really ruined my day. We've had our place in L2A for nearly 10 years, don't rent it as we don't want it trashed (as happened with a friend of ours) but let friends and family use it. I kinda thought that the local taxes we already pay for services that we don't exploit may have been enough. Seemily not.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
How about investing in an appartment or chalet, if you have like minded friends share the cost and use a holiday website like pureholidayhomes or skipads to advertise the property. A few "business" trips or ski holidays later and you have saved yourself having to pay for accomodation, got your business and shared the cost!!!!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
jim1515, stop spamming us with your beardy hats, mate. You're right, they're not worth £40, spangly though they are. NehNeh
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Lizzard wrote:
jim1515, stop spamming us with your beardy hats, mate. You're right, they're not worth £40, spangly though they are. NehNeh

Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Link removed.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
snowhouse wrote:
Well this news really ruined my day. We've had our place in L2A for nearly 10 years, don't rent it as we don't want it trashed (as happened with a friend of ours) but let friends and family use it. I kinda thought that the local taxes we already pay for services that we don't exploit may have been enough. Seemily not.

I'm sorry to hear that, seems like an easy target. Even some French see it as "scapegoating" foreign property owners (given a lot of French can get out on the business ex pat rules)
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I know a lot of people who are starting to take their holidays away from France now, and going to Austria, Italy and Switzerlan instead. Too expensive and bad attitude towards foreigners are common complaints.

It swings both ways I know, i've seen many a Brit behaving badly in France, but this Tax introduction does seem to hit the Foreign owner quiet hard imho.

In saying that, I would love to own and live in a Chalet whilst renting it out, even in France. If only....

Different for small apartment owners though Sad
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I wonder how EU law see this? UK tax laws have had to be amended for furnished lettings to include all EU property owned by UK tax payers. How does this apply to a French person owning property in the UK?
Are they therefore allowed to treat residents of other EU countries differently to French ones?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
They do as they please...

EU Laws are created for the Brits to follow.

The rest of Europe stick two fingers up too it, and carry on as they were... wink
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
davidof wrote:
don't to chalet or apartment rentals as there is a new 20% tax on non-resident property owners

http://pistehors.com/news/forums/viewthread/909/

Such a shame that ISE doesn't post on here any more.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

Such a shame that ISE doesn't post on here any more

yes, I think so too.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

I kinda thought that the local taxes we already pay for services that we don't exploit may have been enough.

We pay rather modest French taxes (infinitely less than our UK Council tax) for which we get quite a lot of services, including the refuse service, the snow-clearing off roads, the roads themselves, the signposting of walking routes, the maintenance of footpaths and quite a lot besides.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
pam w, makes you wonder what they're doing with your council tax. Laughing
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Herring pasty washed down with Akvavit for the Danes please. Skål Toofy Grin
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy