Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

For sale: ski resort for one Euro

Poster: A snowHead
http://www.lepost.fr/article/2011/04/28/2479593_une-station-de-ski-en-vente-1-euros.html

You could buy your very own ski resort in France with two chairlifts, four pistes and a piste basher.
However, the 80,000 Euro maintenance bill might be a problem..

http://www.entrelesfourgs.com/teleski.html

In Google translate:

Difficult to afford winter? ... so buy the ski resort!

Per euro, the station Interlake Fourgs, in the Doubs, is yours!

Well, a small resort but still ... two lifts and four trails, a groomer, it's enough for the family.
We could even trace the tracks of ski ... So what?

Just one small problem ... it will still pay 80,000 euros to make technical checks and maintenance of lifts, work to make mandatory every 30 years, says Europe 1

Yes, the problem is here! The association manager can not fund such work, and as the only full-time employee is retiring, she sells all for one symbolic euro.

Atttention, said the station would be profitable even if the association is located between 1,090 m and 1,250 m altitude, it is to thank you for snowfall and it has no hotel facilities ... ahem!

Good if you are tenant, please contact the association quickly ... and then do not hesitate to invite me, I have a fondue recipe divine!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It needs to be snow sure everyday open and you need 16 clients per day for 30 years to break even. Not impossible.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Actually to be fair, perhaps we should say 30 per day for other infrastructure, safety insurance, etc. Again, not impossible.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Then there is the biking in the summer, this could be quite interesting. Anyone fancy it?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Looks like a pretty area but having looked at the historical pictures from the top station for last season I'd say they rarely had much more than 30cms of snow at any time, fortunately it's all grass so you don't need much snow but even so I'd say last season they probably had a total of 50 days maximum (maybe a lot less) when skiing could actually take place and it may well be closer to 20 days, difficult to tell, on the days they are open I'd guess they could get several hundred people on the slopes in one pic I can count at least 30 people near the top station
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Dont forget the "fondue recipe divine" - that will ensure we have a successful restuarant as well
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Looks quite nice, I'll put in 25%.
Anyone interested.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I think we drove through here on the way to Les Collons a couple of years ago. There was plenty of snow around. The N road from Besancon takes you right past the piste. If I recall correctly its just a couple of minutes from the Swiss border.

Edited to add, what ever happened to the resort in Switzerland that the Brit guys bought? They posted on here a couple of times about it.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Gilberts Fridge, Not sure but that resort was much more interesting as if I recall correctly it also had accommodation included
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I would love to buy it!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I'm up for it on condition we can develop some off-piste in the area in addition to keeping the four groomers for beginners and families.

If 40 of us pitch in, it will cost us approx €2,000 per year to keep the place running if not a bit more (I spend more than that a season on skiiing).

We could solve the lack of accommodation with yurts. If the Mongolian tribes can live in yurts at -30 degrees C then we'll have no problems. Hardcore Cool
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Why doesn't snowheads buy it . It could be the overseas clubhouse!
That means you should have the 16 a day skiers you need, especially if it's close to other ski centres...
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
It seems to be a good sized village so must have some kind of accommodation. What is its closest airport? Where's the nearest easyjet/Ryan air hub? I think if a pile of people put their snowheads together it would be doable
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Sofia, thats a great idea that. Snowsheads Ski Centre!!!! Very Happy Come on, lets do it!!!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Sofia, there's 1 B&B type place in the village itself and 3 small hotels a short drive away, Geneva airport is the closest and that's an hour or so away, though the TGV rail line may pass fairly close.

Economically I feel you are also ignoring the day to day running costs required to keep the lift going, even assuming you could find opperators who'd work both lifts and the piste basher for free you still need fuel, insurance, electricity and so on. So far as I can tell it's a non starter.

If you are really Serious I believe Fideris in Switzerland may still be for sale, 3 lifts, a huge 12 km long sledge run from the top station plus 2 or maybe 3 retaurant/accomodation buildings included for .... 6Million Swiss Francs, close to the Davos area as well

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Sun 1-05-11 11:04; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Can we not use the money we collected for Chemmy to fund it? Wink

Seriously though, are those lifts on a contract for maintenance... could we not find a snowhead expert to give them a once over every now and again? Laughing
ski holidays
D G Orf, can you put a link to piccies please?
ski holidays
http://www.newlyswissed.com/?p=3569

That's one link anyway

Sadly I can't find a piste map of the area, though backcountry skiing is apparently popular there
snow conditions
Here is the "piste map" for the resort in the OP:

latest report
I think it's a great little area for kids and beginners, I wonder if there'd be any room for expansion. Although then you'd be talking serious cash.
snow report
What is the actual name of the ski resort in question. cant find it anywhere Puzzled
ski holidays
My one in the OP? Entres-Les-Fourgs.

http://www.entrelesfourgs.com/teleski.html
ski holidays
Piccadilly, I had a look at the satellite views of the area and I think expansion potential would be limited, don't forget that Raqettes are if I recall correctly snow shoes, so in reality you have two blue and one red piste for downhill purposes
ski holidays
D G Orf wrote:
Piccadilly, I had a look at the satellite views of the area and I think expansion potential would be limited, don't forget that Raqettes are if I recall correctly snow shoes, so in reality you have two blue and one red piste for downhill purposes

The website does say it has four pistes:

Deux téléskis, dont un baby, desservent quatre pistes avec trois niveaux de difficultés : une piste verte, deux bleues et une rouge. Du haut des pistes, vous bénéficierez d'une superbe vue sur la chaîne des Alpes.

There are some nice photos in the gallery..

http://www.entrelesfourgs.com/galerie-dimages.html
snow report
Piccadilly, Do you mean that you think that Raqettes are cross-country skiing? Its snowshoes,,
snow report
Piccadilly, they may count the Ski De Fond (Cross country) as one piste or it might be the green slope they mention is not shown on the piste map above
snow report
Zero-G wrote:

If 40 of us pitch in, it will cost us approx €2,000 per year to keep the place running if not a bit more (I spend more than that a season on skiiing).

The way I read it I thought it was 80k every 30 years

40 pitch in 2k and you have 30 years to operate?

is this right?
snow conditions
Blimey - they donpt pay pisteurs and lifties much in France do they
Hope the resort dont need any fuel, power, lights, water, gas, insurance , advertising, taxes ...
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
czl wrote:
Zero-G wrote:

is this right?

Thats the way i read it.
latest report
wouldnt insurance be the crippler?? what about as a "club"?? any loopholes/savings to selling memberships rather than tickets??
snow report
My suspicion is that it has been run as a club, only open at weekends if and when there is enough snow with volunteers manning the equipment and despite all of this they still can't earn enough to pay the maintenance bill for equipment, looks like it's probably just a couple of drag lifts which is why the maintenance is such a low price, anything else would be much more.

There are no hotels nearby, the lifts don't link up with other nearby areas and I can see little potential to expand the ski area, on the other hand the Swiss option whilst vastly more seems to come complete with 2 alpine hotels/restaurants and an additional guest house, has a built in attraction in the form of a 12km long sledge path and looks as if it might be possible to do ski touring towards the Davos area plus some potentially decent length ski runs back to the valley floor
ski holidays
D G Orf, how much is the one is Switzerland... i'm torn!
snow report
MoodyFFS, I did say above, it's a tiny bit more expensive at 6 million Swiss Francs, but you do get a lot more property and a working business for that LOL

It's also around 1000M higher up with the top station around 2500M which should give more reliable snow snowHead
latest report
D G Orf, oops sorry, missed that! Embarassed but now I know.. i'll have a chat with the Mrs and see if she's got €6 million... cos i'm sure i'd seen €1 in a jar somewhere...
snow report
D G Orf, ...you're spot on. I drive through Jougne a lot and I think I've seen this lift running once in the last ten years. I have never seen a piste machine there although the article does say that they've got one somewhere. The lift is an ancient button - one of those very old green types. The Jura is COLD...a microclimate...and it does get crazy amounts of snow at times. Jougne feels like a sleepy village which is a bit lost to the world. There's another small ski area a few km down the road at Vallorbe, and that's often up and running, although very shut this year. Trouble is, so many people have become used to the huge resorts and all they offer - although we have quite a few single-lift, put-a-few-francs in the box village facilities in the Valais, which are huge fun. Austria too, stil; has some excellent, tiny places. Actually, Jougne would be a very good place for a family to learn, and then move on. But that's hard in business terms, since you constantly would have to attract entirely new people, rather than benefit from return business. The mountain biking in that area is fantastic, after all you've got Metabief just up the road. Personally, even though a sensible market argument would be to just let it shut, personally I think t's great to keep these small areas open - perhaps a philanthropist would like to give a 100-yr endowment....
snow report
BTW - has anyone got an update on what happened to the 1chf deal on Ernen? I haven't been over there for a bit and the whole thing seems to have gone totally quiet - nothing on the web or indeed anywhere else....
snow conditions
MoodyFFS, Francs not Euros, it is Switzerland after all wink Laughing
ski holidays
D G Orf, hmm turns out we don't have enough down the back of the sofa Sad shame I quite fancied it...
snow report
freeheelskier wrote:
Piccadilly, Do you mean that you think that Raqettes are cross-country skiing? Its snowshoes,,

No I got confused with what he was talking about, of course it's snowshoeing Very Happy

D G Orf wrote:
Piccadilly, they may count the Ski De Fond (Cross country) as one piste or it might be the green slope they mention is not shown on the piste map above

I think the green is just the baby slope off the smaller of the two drags, so very short I suspect. Maybe you're right though Puzzled

czl wrote:

is this right?

That's what I thought too..

However I think it might take a very long time for everyone to recoup their 2k.

Looks a lovely place, just a shame there's little or no expansion opportunity.
snow report
Great place for a race camp or snow park. Anything steep there?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy