Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sierra Nevada

Poster: A snowHead
Its snowing alot just now from 2400m, seems to be a great weekend at Sierra Nevada, South of Spain
http://sierranevada.es/estacion/en-pista/webcams.aspx Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Now its snowing from 2100m Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
SN has had a great and long season, for sure.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Get in, praying for some snow to be remaining when im there in August, get a few cheeky turns in somewhere/somehow. im sure if i find a local seasonal ski shop they would allow me to hire some skis for a day!!!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ricklovesthepowder, I pray for you,, there will be skis for U, but snow in August???? But anyway there will be a lovely May for alpine touring, and beginning of june to, but when the temperature is going up to 35 degrees, the snow melt quickly,
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
freeheelskier, even if it's a few patches somewhere, it will be fun to say I've skied there lol! Also I doubt it gets to 35c at the top, maybe 20c so hopefully if they nave had a good season and it's still falling then there will be areas that have a little snow!!! Like I said fingers crossed!!!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Today, still snowing, temperature below zero from 2500m ,, Powderskiing in southern spain 30th april Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
What is the current snow depths at sierra Nevada?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ricklovesthepowder, The homesite for SN says 30cm-400cm, But to say the true,, its hard for the skis to ski back down, but from the midstation there is about 150cm in the slopes, 30cm new snow since yesterday and more in gullies, today laguna closed, but hopefull open tomorrow Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Cheers, just seen a YouTube video of people walking In August and there was still some snow in gullies etc.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Here we go. Video link is halfway down this page.

http://www.sierra-nevada-news.com/2009/08/snow-ice-southern-spain-august-proof/
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Lunchtime now,,, sun is shining, great skiing, Laguna is open, not alot of skier Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Ricklovesthepowder, I see, Im a little surprised,, but to make skiing in Andalucia in August,, that is power to talking about on your local pub wink
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
freeheelskier, haha, hope i can do it, if i pull it off i will submit a report on here, people will initially think ive had a few to many bottles of Rioja!!! snowforecast are reporting 400cm on the upper slopes still Shocked
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
freeheelskier, Is that fresh tracks i can see in May in Southern Spain, Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

[/img]
snow report
Ricklovesthepowder, A lovely day 1th of may, good snow in the morning, but very slushy after lunch, on the webcam photo you put on here you can see the lower slopes, there is alot more snow higher up in the system, but 400cm Puzzled I have ski today with the skipatrol from 8h this morning, and there is about 150cm in the slopes from midstation,, thats good Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
freeheelskier, didnt realise you were actually out there right now, will you be there in the summer? here is the info taken from their website, obviously very wrong!!!

Last Significant Snow Fall: 29th April 2011
Ski Areas: Average Snow Depth Range:
Borreguiles: 80 - 400cms
Veleta: 100 - 300cms
Laguna: 80 - 200cms
Lomar De Dilar: CLOSED
Rio Monachil: 30 - 100cms
Parador: CLOSED

http://www.sierranevada.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=57&Itemid=229&lang=en
ski holidays
Ricklovesthepowder, its a shame for SN how they report the snowdeep,, as I say there is 150cm in slopes as max, but thats real good, its May Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
I dont tink I will be here in summertime, perhaps coming back for some decemberskiing if snow is ok,, going back to france tomorrow morning,,
latest report
freeheelskier, sounds good. May go to Spain for a few days next season so will have to meet up if your out there. I've spoken to a snowheads before about this, do you have a place out there?
latest report
Ricklovesthepowder, I use to hire a studio in Granada, its cheaper, SN is not the cheapest place, and important is to deside to go a short time before, sometimes there is very bad with snow, but the last 2 seasons has been very good,, its used to be good offer for flight to Malaga in wintertime, and if we are there in same time we can meet up, I know the area, I was making a season there 1982/1983, its along time ago, but the mountain is still the same, and I use to go there at least 2 weeks or weekend every season, this is my second visit this season Very Happy
ski holidays
Ricklovesthepowder, I dont know if you have looking at this site? but perhaps is something for U
http://www.sierra-nevada-news.com/
latest report
freeheelskier, cheers for that, some bed time reading for me!!! Yes if your out there at all in the summer or next winter then it would be good to meet up for a bit, especially if you know the ski area during winter time. I probably would book it last minute if i were to go.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy