Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Scottish resorts close - one month earlier than last season

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Cairngorm Mountain has announced it will close on Monday, a whole month earlier than last year. Glenshee, the Lecht, Glencoe and the Nevis range have all closed in the past few weeks. Nevertheless, over 373,000 people visited the resorts this season, generating more than £37.5m.
...Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-13186372
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ha Ha - Scottish ski resorts close due to lack of snow in the summer time shocker

I am not sure what is worse.....
The deliberately negative original BBC article ?
Or the fact that some clue-less forum moderator choose to blindly copy and paste it as headline news.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
LOL, it was a long season and a good 'un although not as gob smackingly good as the last (which was probably the season of the last half century ... at least according to the guys who have been around that long and I have no reason to disbelieve them).

It is a shame that the slight negativity of the original article has been picked up by the headline here, it would be more accurate to say that the Scottish ski areas have closed around about the time they usually do most seasons apart from the last - usually Cairngorm closes around the last week of April and sometimes stretches into the first couple of weeks of May. This closure date is unexceptional but a little earlier than a couple of the last few seasons.

With regards midsummers skiing last year it was right at the top of the Ptarmigan bowl and the lift was a portable rope tow because the uptracks on the fixed lifts were gone. IIRC (and correct me if I'm wrong) they actualy closed a few weeks earlier than the headline date but used the possibility of midsummers sliding as a bit of fun and a publicity thing. Good idea IMHO but hardly to be compared with this season or any other for that matter when portable rope tows haven't been used!

What I can guarantee is that someone (and I have a very good idea who it will be) will get a midsummers slide somewhere on Cairngorm, it just probably won't be at the top of the Ptarmigan bowl, in fact there might be more than one person doing the same!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Cairngorm had a good season, over 150 days long with more than 100k skier visits.

Scotland woefully under-promotes its ski stations.

SnowHeads should help, not hinder, them.

el hen's headlines are normally good.

But this headline should be tweaked to sound more upbeat.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
bit like the "but ooops the road is closed" in "snownews" at the start of the season rolling eyes

if you're going to have "snownews" then at least do it properly and offer a balanced editorial comment rather than simply blindly reproducing other work, we can read tabloid rags like the beeb anytime we like.

nae harm to the OP, faithfully providing the agreed service no doubt, it's just that it doesnt make much sense to link to already published work and call it "news", without offering any editorial, and even less sense that this kind of rubbish is promoted in a snowsports fans' forum, potentially being to the real detriment of an historically hugely successful (though sometimes challenging) and critical rural industry, again without any sense of balance in terms of commentary.

A bit more care and thought required please
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy