Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hotel Obermaier, Mayrhofen

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Crystal have now dropped their New Year prices to the point I might actually afford a holiday I think prices have reduced from Edinburgh now Jet2 and Thomson have released prices:

Options are Schladming (Hotel Kirchenwirt)

Kaprun (the Albendruh, again)

Zell am See (Seehof)

Mayerhofen (Obermaier)(Meals taken at the Kramerwirt)

Any views (not on the resorts, the hotels) all on half board basis
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Or any better ideas for a family of 4 for New Year flying out of Scotland and who have no interest in self catering (while on a ski holiday, quite happy to cater generally)
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ghost Dog, Nice clean basic austrian hotel, Kramerwirt fantastic hotel close by with great restaurant. Good location on the bus route.

PSG
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ghost Dog, I've stayed several times at the Obermair in Mayrhofen. Typically clean Austrian "garni" pension, with friendly owners. They do a good buffet breakfast, and the hotel also has a small swimming pool. Can't comment on the evening meals at the Kramerwirt as I preferred to try different eating places - I mentioned some of my restaurant recommendations on this thread (but note that thread is more than 6 years old Shocked and since then the Kaiserbrundl has closed).
The Obermair is down at the lower end of town not far from the church. There is a bus stop nearby for the skibus which takes you up to the Penken or Ahorn lifts (if you walk the Penkenbahn is about 10 minutes from the hotel). Being at the lower end of town it's very close to the Zillertalbahn station so convenient for day trips to other ski areas in the valley like Zell am Ziller or Kaltenbach/HochFugen (these other ski areas and the Zillertalbahn train and busses are included in your Zillertal Superski Pass).
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
With my opinion to this Hotel Obermaier,Last month me and my girlfriend stay at there 5 to 6 night.Hotel obermair was fantastic value for money, the rooms although dated in the bathrooms were very clean, clean towels every day.all room are fully furnished with metalic design.This hotel has large parking plot so there for no problem with parking.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for this, I know Mayerhofen well but usually stay with the boys in either the Glockenstuhl or the apartments over whatg was the flower shop. This is New Year trip with wife and kids, and there are some less than happy comments re the Obermaier on Trip Advisor. I'm keen to go back to the Hoff at New Year as I took family out at April but never had the chance to take them to the Schneekar Hutte or Vogelsnest as the chairs weren't running. For that matter we missed out on Scottie's as well, but that may have to wait until son is 14.

Only problem with that end of town is the bells, I've stayed in the Zillertalerhof and the Maria Theresia recently and they are incessant.

Anyone out there with a view on the Kirchenwirt?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy