Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Faction Royale 191cm

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Summary: This is the first Faction ski I have ever skied that I'm not 100% in love with.

Me: 185lbs (12 stone?), 6'1", reasonable skier skill wise, likes to ski as fast as a ski will let me. Everyday skis = 3.Zeros 191cm & 13s 194cm. nb I don't regularly ski reverse camber / full rocker skis.

Ski: Faction Royale 191cm 150 / 122 / 140 Zero camber underfoot, rockered (early rise) tips and tails. (also in 183cm & 175cm)

Conditions: some powder, chop, slush, bumps and groomers.

The 191cm is a big ski even with it's rockered tips & tails.

Pros:

I found these skis the most fun in bumps. Not too stiff and a ton of pop!

Easy to rail on piste, I'm not sure what it's sidecut is but it sure cuts a set of rails on the groomerz.

Unsinkable in powder.

Tails push you out of your turn.

Cons:

Hard to get right over the tips. I like skis where you can power up the tips as much as you like, I just couldn't apply enough pressure to the tips of these skis - which isn't really the way they are designed to be skied.

Drops an edge at mach loony. And I mean really f-a-s-t.

Comments:

I'm not really a tree skier, I like the alpine with big snowy bowls that I can show off my lack of turning skills. This ski wants to turn, it wants to play, it wants to jib and slarve and make you look like a pro. Faction now make 3 lengths of this ski and I've just found the one Faction ski that I don't think I would buy - unless it came with a free week of heli skiing - but only in the tree line, and even then I would buy the 183cm.

The 183cm to me feels like a different beast. Again, it doesn't always suit the way I ski but it's far more manageable than it's big brother and now comes in 175cm for the ladies Wink

This ski is perfect for bigger guys who want a front and backside jib ski or a sick tree ski. Smaller guys, get the smaller skis.

Sad day for me, happy day for my wallet.

I forgot to get a pic of the skis, with Faction skis even snowboarders are trying to catch a ride:

latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
parlor wrote:
Me: 185lbs (12 stone?), 6'1",

13 stone 3 lbs. North America is making you fat Neh Neh
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Boom! Wow, I hit 13 stone huh? It's OK, it's all muscle. Wink
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
parlor wrote:
The 191cm is a big ski even with it's rockered tips & tails.

I forgot to get a pic of the skis, with Faction skis even snowboarders are trying to catch a ride:

- they don't look like 191's; admit it, you actually went for the 175s or the 183s... Smile
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
fr0sty, you won't get an early tip rise out of me. I'm comfortable with my 13 stone of man flesh. (The 175s look like blades Wink )
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
parlor wrote:
I'm comfortable with my 13 stone of man flesh.)

Are you refering to the guy behind you in the picture? wink
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
stuarth wrote:
parlor wrote:

Perhaps the picture would be more suitable in Up The Ass Corner in Viz. Laughing
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
stuarth wrote:
parlor wrote:

\

Clearly. I don't just give rides to any old snowboarders...
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy