Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Crystal Mountain, WA, USA

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just managed to squeeze in a couple of days skiing at the end of our weeks holiday in Seattle.... and what a great end to our stay! There is abs loads and loasd of snow (in fact it snowed all day on Thurs with the sun peeping through so we had empty slopes, good light and fab conditions). Friday saw clear blue skies and all of the blue runs lower down had been 'groomed' but we headed higher up the mountain and found less tended snow!
Ski pass for an adult was very reasonably priced at $50 per day... add to this that kids under 11 ski for free ($5 each for gondola in spring) and it was a very reasonably priced ski! We had a 2 hour lesson each day as it was my first time taking the girls on my own (aged 6 and 8... both reasonable skiers for age but I wanted to be sure I skiing in sensible places) - lessons were at the more expensive end of scale ($159 for 2 hours) but very very worthwhile the money. Our instructor Alison completely sussed out what was needed in order to make our trip a success and in the first session really focussed on building confidence in my younger child. On the second day she showed us lots of places to cut of corners and play in the soft soft which the girls loved - we got to try a wide range of stuff... some of which was fun to try under her supervision but I didn't try again when we were flying solo.... quite a lot of what we did though we did go back on our own and try again... def stretched ourselves more than I would have done otherwise
Accomodation-wise we found a fantastic one bedroom cottage that we rented for $150 for two nights (yes £94 for 2 nights) that was 20 minutes drive away from the resort - everything was provided in the cottage from towels to hairdryer to washing up liquid...[url].http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/VacationRentalReview-g58506-d1674109-The_Eagle_s_Nest_Near_Crystal_Mountain_Ski_Resort-Greenwater_Washington.html[/url]
From what I have read this resort can be very busy at weekends - but was almost deserted when we were there and as US school holidays so different to UK ones think this would be a great place for mid-week skiing. Def a great place for a last minute spring ski right now!!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy