Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Boot Cuff Height

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
So i have done a fair bit of skiing and i have owned several pairs of boots. Some have been better than others for various reasons but one recurring theme is the height of the boots cuff. I'm a big chap at 193cm and have long shins compared to the average man.

Now i know some boots have higher cuffs than others but i am unaware of any that offer a taller or shorter cuff option. Does any body know of such a boot and whether it would be advantageous?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
there is nothing out there that offers a "taller cuff version" Lange and a few others do have a short cuff version aimed at women and youths. more importantly having a fairly upright boot is a bigger advantage, if the boot has lots of forward lean you will be in a constantly exaggerated flexed position which will become quite uncomfortable and will most likely have a bad effect on your technique

boots such as the Head Raptor or the Salomon X3 CS boots as they have a pretty aggressive forward lean whereas the new Lange RX / RX pro boots and most of the Atomic range are more upright

but all this is speculation without a boot fitter assessing your foot shape and whatever else is going on with your body
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy