Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Could 'bubble wrap' help to extend ski season?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Covering snow in 'bubble wrap' could help to prolong the ski season in Scotland, according to a scientist at the new University of the Highlands and Islands. Prof McClatchey conducted research in the Cairngorms using a bubble plastic used to cover outdoor swimming pools, to see if it would protect snow from the effects of rain and sun.
...Similar technqiues have been investigated in the Alps and North America, but Prof McClatchey believes it could work better in Scotland as there is less sunshine to warm up the plastic.
For more, see: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-13114094
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Do you ski under the bubble wrap or on top?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
They should just coat the Scottish ski resorts in thousands of trees and thousands of snowguns and stop trying to do everything halfbaked and on the cheap.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Whitegold wrote:
... and stop trying to do everything halfbaked and on the cheap.

I'd have though if you wanted to keep the snow any baking (half or full) should be avoided! wink
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
It just makes my skis rusty when i get them out of teh bag when i get home from a trip Sad
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy