Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Oakley A Frame Goggles Question

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm looking to buy a pair of Oakley A Frame goggles for use in sunny/medium brightness. I'm quite interested in the black iridium and the fire lenses so far which both look good but can't decide which. With both of these I'm not sure if one is darker than the other so which would be better with the medium end of the brightness scale which I am looking to bridge a bit. Also with the black iridium ones from looking at photos the lenses have a brown tinge to them and not sure i quite like the idea of looking out at a brownie white tinge all the time. I guess my only issue with the fire is from an aesthetic point of view as i'm just a bit put off by the way they look (ie. crazy reflective lens), feel a bit of a show off wearing a pair of these, i am a good skier though so my ability wouldn't let down my appearance! Smile I ideally want to be able to just end up with 2 goggles, one pair for sunny/medium brightness and another for cloudy/whiteout. I currently own a pair of A Frames with a persimmon lens but I am planning on replacing this with a hi intensity yellow lens. Any thoughts on whether the fire or black iridium are any good for my purposes?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
As far as I know, the Fire Iridium lenses are the darkest. I use the fire lenses in all conditions other than on really cloudy/foggy days. Couldn't recommend them enough, best lenses and goggles combo I've ever owned.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
bendiddley, Have you see that FreezePro are doing 50% off A frames. Just bought two pairs myself.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
cad99uk, thanks just picked up a another pair for myself!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I just have the two lenses for my A frames (persimmon and fire iridium VR28) and swap them around as and when I need to. It's very simple to swap lenses.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
halfhand, same here, 2 lenses, 1 goggs. Gold Iridium and Persimmon
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
cad99uk, ta mate, just got two myself !!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
which one(s) did you guys ordered???
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
cad99uk, Thanks for that. Just treated myself to a pair of L frames (I wear glasses) to replace my 10 year old MotoX ones.
Unfortunately they only do them in Persimmon.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Elston, skimottaret, sbirring, Happy to be of service Smile
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy