Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New Year 2005 dates

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I apologise if there's already a thread on this but my search didn't find it. We are really wanting to get away for a week between Christmas and over New Year. The Sat to Sat is 24th - 31st which would be Christmas away and not NY, which is not really what we want. We can't really go the first week of Jan as my boyfriend is not meant to take time off work from about 3rd or 4th Jan onwards. Obviously we could get flights leaving boxing day and returning on the 1st or 2nd. But do you think we'd have any chance of getting accommodation? We'll be going in a large group, not sure how many yet.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
ski miquel are doing monday flights over new year for their place in baqueira - I can recommend it

http://miquelhols.co.uk/baq/infopri.htm. but that's a packge holiday
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
what would the snow be like there at NY do you know?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
A package holiday would be fine, I've just not seen many that are doing Monday to Monday. If anyone has any other suggestions they would be much appreciated!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
well, we went at christmas a few years ago and unfortunately they didn;t have much snow - a bit up at the top, but not very much. Of course the day we left (new year's eve) it puked down abtou 4 feet overnight Shock(

I've been keeping my eye on it over the past few years and it's generally been pretty good cover right down to resort level. If you search the forums there are a few other snowheads who've been and who rate it as a resort.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
beanie1, Silver ski are doing boxing day flights, 26th Dec - 2nd Jan
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
beanie1, I run a chalet in the southern French Alps and am pretty flexible about dates (even in peak weeks) so Boxing Day to the 1st would be fine (I'm holding a short week from 1 - 7 Jan for a returning group).

We've had good early season snow the last few years - between Christmas and New Year last year was the best time of the season (last season was bad in the southern French Alps but all the lifts and runs were open that week).

Our chalet only has 4 bedrooms so might not be big enough for your group but take a look at our website www.chalet-ski.co.uk

Any snowHead that books gets a 5% discount and another 5% goes to snowheads to help keep the site running.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
beanie1, Mark Warner are doing Friday 23rd to Friday 30th for Christmas week - I know as we will be in Tignes with them for Christmas snowHead The New Year week starts on 30th and will run 9 nights to get them back on the normal Sunday transfer.

CP
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I'm in Alpe D'huez 23rd to 30th thru Mark Warner.

Rich
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
beanie1, We did Xmas eve to New Years Day in Bourg St Maurice last year - no problems at all getting the odd time booked in the hotel, plus it's got great access to Les Arcs. The 7am SleazyJet flight on New Years Day out of Geneva was dirt cheap....but did put a bit of a downer on the celebrations!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Frosty the Snowman, Stop giving me more work to do Razz
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
ben wright,

Thanks - it looks great - not sure on exact group numbers yet but I'll find out.

homphomp,

We are also looking for good nightlife - do you get that in BSM?
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
beanie1, PG is the resident expert on BSM - I'm not a party animal, a couple of beers in the bar are enough for me so I don't know much about the nightlife. Nice restaurants and a few bars seems about the size of it but I could be mistaken!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
beanie1, BSM is not a resort so the nightlife is pretty sedate but there is a cinema.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
ben wright,

Do you still have availability for 26th - 1st? Not sure on our group numbers as some people are being slow getting their a**** into gear, so it may just be my boyfriend and I. Would you do just one room or do you only let the chalet as a whole?

Also we were ideally looking to get 6 days skiing. Do you think it would be possible to ski the final day, transfer back down in the evening and stay in a hotel near the airport?

Cheers
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy