Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

BASI advice to members with regards employment

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
BASI has had a number of enquiries recently with regards legality of employment for different levels in different countries and comments on employment opportunities, and would like to extend the following advice to all members:

1. Before accepting employment check the status of your qualification in the country you are planning to work in. There is information regarding this on the BASI website.
http://www.basi.org.uk/content/countries-rules--regulations-for-employment.aspx

2. BASI liability insurance acts as a safety net for those members who may be let down by employers' insurance - eg if an employer fails to renew their policy, or for members working independently. However, to be covered by the BASI liability insurance you must be working both within the remit of your licence and legally in the country of employment. For example, for Alpine instructors:
http://www.basi.org.uk/content/alpine.aspx

3. When assessing employment offers BASI would like to suggest all members exercise reasonable diligence - check out your prospective employer, speak with former and current employees if you can, and make sure you personally follow points 1 and 2 above not relying solely on the potential employer's advice.

If you have any queries regarding the above please contact the BASI office.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
the regulations dont seem to have been updated for a couple years....
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Do they apply for coaching?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
beanie1 wrote:

3. When assessing employment offers BASI would like to suggest all members exercise reasonable diligence - check out your prospective employer, speak with former and current employees if you can, and make sure you personally follow points 1 and 2 above not relying solely on the potential employer's advice.

Been getting a lot of moans re Skiing Europe then? wink
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
fatbob, looking at the link to the story in the Indy I recon so!

I don't understand why there is not a published list of qualified instructors with their stated level.
Maybe this is something to do with data protection laws etc... etc... but it just seems like common sense to me.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
flangesax, i believe the ISIA are doing this and starting with ISIA Card holders (ISTD) then soon will have an ISIA stamp (L3) list as well. not sure it will be public but will be shared between associations...
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
flangesax, when I joined the list was published on the website, not sure why it's not now but I'll ask. Porbably either data protection, or the sheer number of members.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
skimottaret,
Quote:

the regulations dont seem to have been updated for a couple years....

I've asked the office to confirm when it was last updated.

jjc james,

Quote:

Do they apply for coaching?

The BASI insurance cover whilst coaching question was asked on another thread, so BASI have already asked the insurer to confirm the position.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

flangesax, when I joined the list was published on the website, not sure why it's not now but I'll ask. Porbably either data protection, or the sheer number of members

It surely can't be numbers - there must be a database of this info. It won't even need publishing as a whole - just a query function to search out a member name... simples!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
flangesax, I spoke with the office and they are already looking in to doing this. However, there are data protection issues, so they need to make sure it's within the rules.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
beanie1, The GMC manage their 'membership' as a searchable database online, it simply states name and qualifications nothing more.

I seem to recall that people have to agree to be listed though, but TBH you would have to be daft not to be or have some very unusual circumstances.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy