Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

In Praise of Ski Total in Tignes

Poster: A snowHead
Spent last week in a Ski Total chalet in Tignes le Lac.

People don't often post here in praise of tour operators, usually it's a rant about finding a bit of dust under a bed. I found it quite hard to find anything nice on the 'net written about Ski Total, so here is something.

Half-price last-minute holiday, so £500 instead of £1,000 per head (first week of Easter holiday prices). At those prices you're already well ahead...

I have to say we were very well looked after indeed. There were two very charming chalet boys in their early 20s who created very professionally presented and delicious food for us. The chalet was lovely, including two(!) saunas and an outdoor hot tub, wood fired. The wine flowed very generously indeed.

The ski hosting was quite good (I went two days), though the second day suffered as a rep had to do a hospital trip so there were 16 in the group which was too many. The reps were all very pleasant and helpful and did what they promised to, although they had to cancel the €5 pub crawl as all the bars were full of students...

The not so good points which are quite inconsequential.

1. Flight out delayed by two hours. Monarch's fault. Flighty back delayed by four hours. Monarch's fault again. Ah well. But it would have been nice to find out about the outward flight problems early enough to stay in bed - they knew the night before.
2. The towels are very thin. But having discovered on the net that they would be, I advised the girls to bring their own if they wanted to; they did. They were changed mid week though.
3. I'd give the chalet 9 out of 10 for cleanliness. You could find the occasional cobweb in corners if you looked hard. But we could have gone to stay in a proper hotel or Club Med which would have cost an extra £500-£1000. A chalet holiday is a cheap holiday in comparison. And there might still have been the odd cobweb.

So, a resounding recommendation. Some of the other guests in our chalet were regular Ski Total users. And talking to other customers on the coach/ski hosting/airport they were all very happy indeed with their holiday - indeed across a range of resorts.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
James the Last, not sure you've got the correct forum, but well done for the positive review.

I quite like seeing cob-webs, fewer flies for one thing. And to be honest if someone is hunting round for cobwebs and dust under the bed while on a skiing holiday they have their priorities waaaay confused.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Good old Monarch.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Monarch - The airline equivalent of a multiple pile-up just outside Dijon.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
'tis indeed good to hear positive reports, but for balance a mate of mine recently returned from Selva. Was informed the chalet manager and another had walked the week before and consequently had to put up with poor service and mediocre catering. Appreciate staff can leave at any time, but if you're paying kids pennies, I would expect a contingency plan.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Boardban wrote:
'tis indeed good to hear positive reports, but for balance a mate of mine recently returned from Selva. Was informed the chalet manager and another had walked the week before and consequently had to put up with poor service and mediocre catering. Appreciate staff can leave at any time, but if you're paying kids pennies, I would expect a contingency plan.

To be fair, that's not balance, that's using hearsay on the internet to bash a company. The vast majority of satisfied customers never say a word to anybody; there were apparently 350 on my (delayed) flight. No excuse, though, if there was mediocre catering when a company has (as it does in Tignes) 60 employees in resort for a total of 250 guests.

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Tue 12-04-11 12:28; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Sounds like a great price for a great holiday. Cool.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ski Total were also excellent for us this year in Zermatt. Chalet host was a superb cook and flight and transfer were on time. Their sister company Esprit were also brilliant for children at Courchevel (Hotel Crystal).
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Jehu, we also had a great time in a SkiTotal chalet in Tignes Christmas 2008. Would happliy book with them again (if the proice were right).
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
+1 for our trip to Selva
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
holidayloverxx, "+1" Does that mean your holiday in Selva was equal to James the Last, 's post or equals the experience of the guest Boardban, quoted!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Roy Hockley, it means I agree with Freddie Paellahead who is immediatley above me
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
holidayloverxx wrote:
Roy Hockley, it means I agree with Freddie Paellahead who is immediatley above me

Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Have fun!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
holidayloverxx, That is good to hear! I love Selva, where is the locations? I could not see that on the website!

Spud9, Naughty!! wink
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Roy Hockley, Chalet Soldanella http://www.skitotal.com/AccommodationDetails.aspx?accomId=5025&gclid=CKvuq6eUmagCFcoa4Qod8mx6Cg
snow report
Sorry about filling the bars last week..
snow report
I think what this thread tends to indicate is the old theme that you can have a great holiday with pretty much ANY tour operator, just as things can easily go wrong with pretty much ANY op (unless you're paying for something like Scott Dunn). Some tour ops get slightly more complaints, but it really is a lottery, book a chalet holiday and you can't be sure till you get there whether it'll be any good!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy