Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What don't you like about skiing?

Poster: A snowHead
The walk from where I live to the gondola, it's at least 100m Very Happy
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
RUGBY PETER, guess you hire your skis then, or don't have respect for other peoples belongings???

good troll by the way
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ski Boots !
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
1. bad viz
2. Dicks that ski irresponsibly or dangerously
3. Dicks that stand or stop in stupid places
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ice
Lift queues (especially those that contain french kids)
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Groomed Slopes Mad
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
stanton
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Boarders sat in a large group in the middle of the piste.

Why?

So many of them seem to do it, its almost like they get taught to do it in their lessons.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hahahaha, for Christ's sake.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Callai wrote:
its almost like they get taught to do it in their lessons.

they do Laughing
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
shoogly wrote:

And... smoking skiers. Especially the ones who light up on the chair, blow smoke in your face then chuck their fag buts on the piste below. Idiots. Very Happy

Are you one of those " lets jump on the alienate the smoker band wagon" one of those that sits in a pub beer garden in summer and complains about smokers, just f**c off back inside its no smoking in there.

You could always get another chair, probably more interesting on your own and im not a smoker, what i do mind is all the drunks rolling around at 8pm when you are trying to have a quiet meal.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
shoogly wrote:

You could always get another chair,

Not if you don't know they're going to light up AFTER you load the chair with them!

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Tue 12-04-11 21:15; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
shoogly wrote:
Callai wrote:
its almost like they get taught to do it in their lessons.

they do Laughing

They deffinately teach it in Fernie Toofy Grin
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
The journey. Will we make it to the airport or get stuck on the motorway behind a big accident and miss the plane? Will there be problems with the luggage - weight or distribution. Will I get an aisle seat (I'm claustrophobic)? Will it be on time or delayed for hours? Will the transfer bus depart on time or will it have to wait for another flight which has been delayed for hours? The whole thing seems a nightmare ....

Oddly enough, I never have these feelings to such an extent for summer holidays Puzzled It may have something to do with the greater anticipation of a brilliant holiday. Or it may just be that I usually have to get up at 2.00 or 3.00 in the morning and am not thinking rationally! Laughing
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
People who take their dogs with them and let them cr*p on the skin tracks
snow conditions
Pandoras
snow conditions
That I became addicted and my OH didn't Shocked
snow report
Off piste snobs and powder snobs (usually the same person)
latest report
Checking that you've got all the necessary, and some unnecessary, bits of clobber.
snow conditions
Queues, queues - any wait of more than 10 seconds to get on a lift.

And perpetual kit adjusters - you know the ones who have to adjust their boots before getting on the lift and again afterward, then get something out of their backpack then take great care putting on their poles, but have to do it all again because the sunglasses are not correct and the boots need adjusting again. Then complain cos I have got off the lift and skied off.
ski holidays
The price!
I can handle the early mornings. Just don't ask me to engage any hire brain functions before lunch break!
ski holidays
people who stop for a chat or a peruse of the piste map directly at the bottom of steep a chair exit , especially when its plainly a beginners area, then moan when a beginner skier or boarder clatters in to them
snow report
oh and the morons who stop at the bridge over the road in obertauern for a look and a chat blocking the whole thing off. so skiers have to stop and walk up to the lip and boarders have to unclip.. just get out of the way before your chat, i give them the benefit of the doubt and assume they are dim rather than ignorant
snow report
Lethal_Hamster, hire brains? Where can I get those? Seems a shame to wreck my own grey matter if I can get a rental in whilst I am cutting loose.....
snow report
With specific reference to this seasons conditions:

"It's not the despair, I can cope with the despair. It's the hope that kills me“
snow conditions
It has to be whole groups of people in an airport who all wear their ski club t shirts/sweatshirts with the name of the group written in massive letters on the front or people who wear things that say SKI or SNOWBOARD just because they are going on a ski holiday, they don't do the same when they are going to the toilet so they shouldn't do it at the airport! Evil or Very Mad
snow conditions
CANV CANVINGTON wrote:
people who stop for a chat or a peruse of the piste map directly at the bottom of steep a chair exit , especially when its plainly a beginners area, then moan when a beginner skier or boarder clatters in to them

johnE wrote:
Then complain cos I have got off the lift and skied off.

The answer is to ski off so you don't hear the complains.

When I do see people standing at places they shouldn't, I would knock them with my pole handle, pretending I was off-balanced. Smile

And I think everyone should do the same.Wink

If they couldn't make the connection of being knocked by off-balanced skier repeatedly with standing at places they ought not be, well, there isn't much you can teach them, can you? rolling eyes
snow report
Some of you lot are right whingers! Laughing Laughing Laughing

We love skiing otherwise we wouldn't frequent this website, nor would we spend vast amounts of our hard-earned on ski trips. Minor irritations are just minor irritations. Life is full of them, you just have to ignore them as much as possible and ski around them.

Sheesh...
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
queen bodecia, spot on Toofy Grin
ski holidays
queen bodecia, A bit like we do with car drivers wink Laughing
ski holidays
Scarpa, Cool
latest report
queen bodecia,

Quote:

Putting all the gear on, what a faff.

Has all that faffing sorted out the chaffing then wink

Your right though, as for me, even the braying boors from a certain locale can be a source of amusement. All of the niggles of going on a Skiing holiday are worth the pleasure of hitting the snow ( whatever the condition)
ski holidays
Is that 99% of the so called experts on gear don't have a clue.
Thank goodness for peeps like CEM.
ski holidays
snowgate, I was mostly referring to boots. Once I've managed to get those chuffers on, I hardly have any energy left for skiing! Laughing Laughing
latest report
queen bodecia wrote:
Some of you lot are right whingers! Laughing Laughing Laughing

We love skiing otherwise we wouldn't frequent this website,

queen bodecia you are on the wrong thread: this is the WHINGING thread. Very Happy

I just hate having to stop and wait about 9 months till I can go again. Thank god for snowheads so I know I'm not the only one.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy