Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What don't you like about skiing?

Poster: A snowHead
On shuttle buses to and from the hill, where people chuck there rented ski's on top of yours in the storage bins without a care in the world for how much money your skis cost and how much time you spent tuning them!! I couldn't case less if you don't give two cents about your own skis, but some of use do, and blunt edges aren't fun to ski on!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I really don't like walking in ski boots Embarassed
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
admin wrote:
I really don't like walking in ski boots Embarassed

Telemark . . . plastic slippers . . . qed.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
PBamber20, try getting a sturdy ski strap for each end, makes them almost bulletproof!

admin, walking in cat tracks boots loosened isn't too bad at all and getting the cats on is ok once you get the knack
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
being no where near as good as I think I should be after all these years
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
stevew, you and me both.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
people moaning generally about things they do not like about skiing
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Lift queues and my bad knee(s) Sad

Hopefully it might improve for next season.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
1. It only snows in the winter
2. Missing first tracks on a powder day

The second one is at least avoidable
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
idiots who seeing a a course of poles think its fine to have 'a go' and give no thought to anyone practising!!!! (nothing to do with a stand up argument i had during training for a kids race which was veeerrrryyyy close to fisticuffs Razz Razz Razz
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Now.

The seasons ending, the cash for trips has dried up, there's no browny points left for a sneaky lads trip and you've to wait about eight months before you can get out there again.

I get quite depressed.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
pushy parents who live their dreams through their kids, taking them out of school to endure race training when they should be enjoying their childhood
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Gapers
Pow getting tracked out super fast in some resorts
The hassle
Cost
The fast I only get two trips a year
Avy danger
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
All the stuck-up haw-hawing bourgeois The Good Life gobshites who tend to be skiers.

All the slack-trousered dribble-chinned Bill And Ted bell-ends who tend to be snowboarders.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Basically, everyone on snowHeads.
ski holidays
Finally accepting that 3 Ibuprofen are now required to get to the first lift of the day from about day 2..... Laughing

The long wait until next season.
latest report
Not living in a ski town. Driving out of resort to go home on a powder day with all the hassle of chains/road closures/ traffic jams and none of the upside.
snow conditions
fatbob wrote:
Driving out of resort to go home on a powder day

Ouch, that really does hurt. Even worse when you get home and read about the massive dump of snow they're having.
snow report
Inconsiderate skiers and boarders. Everything else I can live with for the prospect of the pure awesomeness of skiing, but this is the one thing that can suck all the joy out of it for me.

This season I have re-discovered how much I hate inconsiderate use of the mountain, after I started to teach myself to telemark. I'm by no means a timid skier, but I know my limits and of course to start with I was having to be super careful, going slowly and deliberately, and trying to get some technique right while still staying safe and not getting needlessly in anyone else's way.

I just wish there were fewer skiers / boarders who blatantly disregard the most obvious etiquette, stuff that to me should be just, well, common sense.

I'm only talking about the simple stuff, from the FIS rules: looking uphill before starting off, giving plenty of space when overtaking, not blocking the piste and not waiting round blind corners or bumps. When I'm just trying to safely and relaxedly get down the mountain, there's nothing more depressing than the idiot who overtakes me with 2 inches to spare even though I'm in full view, visibility is perfect and the rest of the piste is free and well groomed.
latest report
I am none too keen on snowboarders when they come up too close behind me, the wife gets a bit nervy too, it´s the noise they make. Also not keen on the flat light, make the bumps hard to spot.
latest report
Mainly the travelling, especially getting to the airport, having limited luggage allowance, the stress of wondering if we'll get charged excess baggage, be turned back at security for having boots in our hand luggage and miss the flight or waiting to see if our luggage arrives the other end. I've taken the overnight coach a few times and found it less stressful than flying, plus it tends to give an extra half day skiing either end of the holiday.
ski holidays
Happy days... Smile
latest report
Leeds_Skier wrote:
Arrogant French and chirpy, noisy Southerners...No one should have to put up with that rabble at 9.15 in the morning
+1 Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
people who think they're skiing/boarding in control when they're not and generally risking other peoples heatlh/lives in the process.

Grenoble airport (if i can't avoid it).
snow report
The complete twunts one is occasionally required to share accommodation with (although I'm sure the loathing is mutual). You know them, the types who are "wild and crazy" on a skiing holiday but you know for a fact that back home they're the most boring conservative people ever. They will usually have nick names for each other like "Speed Freak" or "Mad Lizzie", wear t-shirts with cringeworthy slogans like "stick and stones may break my bones but snow and ice excite me", and will put pictures up on FB of them clinking pints together with the caption "the madness continues", at 8.30pm......
ski holidays
Hahahahaha.
latest report
Dr John, I didn't know you went to the EoSB Shocked
ski holidays
Tomsk wrote:
For most of us going skiing means going on holiday (or taking a vacation if you're from the colonies Razz )

I'm one of those "from the colonies"...Wink

Since there're mountains and cold air much of the colony, a lot of my skiing isn't really "vacations" but just regular things we do on weekends. Very HappyVery HappyVery Happy (did that yesterday! Very Happy)

And being so close to snow, we also have a lot more options than just queueing to get lift up and sliding down with the crowd. We can x-c ski out of our backyard or snowshoeing up some hill side (with skis on our back Sad ) and slide down...

So, what don't I like about all catagory of "skiing"?

1) Boots!
My alpine boots is comfortable to ski on, but the putting on and taking off is a pain, literally! And walking in it is never pleasant.
My x-c boots? It doesn't fit well. Sad And most x-c boots aren't build to be tailored as alpine boots. So my remedies are limited.

2) Rain... (though that's only in sking terms, rain swells the river and makes it great for white water kayaking! Very Happy -- as soon as I put away my skis)

3) If I do go on ski "holidays", I hate SNOW (at the airport) that delays/grounds my flight!!!

(Those of you who hate the flaffy with all the gear in skiing, don't even think about white water kayaking! You'll think skiing is simple and straight forward.) Wink
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
2 things i hate about skiing...

I hate folk clambering all over the back of my skis in the lift queue... it's about the only sport that i've participated in (apart from canoe polo) where people seem to feel it's ok to climb/ski over the back/top of other peoples equipment. You're not going to get on the lift any quicker by being on the back of my skis Evil or Very Mad I spent a lot of my hard earned on my skis and i don't need them delaming just because you don't give a toss.

And... smoking skiers. Especially the ones who light up on the chair, blow smoke in your face then chuck their fag buts on the piste below. Idiots.

'part from that, love the whole dam lot of it Very Happy
snow report
GRASS !
snow conditions
FranzKlammer, no skinning up the mountain for you then wink
ski holidays
FranzKlammer wrote:
GRASS !

I've always found that to be bit of a sod too. Toofy Grin
latest report
People moaning about people climbing all over their skis in the lift queue... oh and people not filling the chairs and cabins up when there's a long queue because they have to be with their friends/boyfriend/girlfriend etc etc.
snow report
geepee, Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
FranzKlammer wrote:
GRASS !

I think you've confused this with the DWP Incapacity benefit thread.
snow conditions
Being too warm
Being hung over
Transfers with multiple changes
ski holidays
The complete twerps one is occasionally required to share accommodation with (although I'm sure the loathing is mutual). You know them, the types who aren't "wild and crazy"" on a skiing holiday but you know for a fact that back home they're the most crazy people ever. They have nick names like Dr John, ", and don't wear t-shirts with cringeworthy slogans like "stick and stones may break my bones but snow and ice excite me", and don't even put pictures up on FB ......

Speed Freak Mad Lizzie.

wink
ski holidays
Goats in bars -- just wrong Puzzled
latest report
That I'm getting too old/tired/unfit/grumpy to make the most of the opportunties I have to get out on the snow.

... and it's just too fricking busy on a lot of slopes. I'd rather a higher percentage of people were caught up in good old fashioned lift queues rather than flailing around on the pistes.

... oh, and snowboarders who've been "taught" how to board by their mate who is only marginally less pants at it than them and accordingly are an accident waiting to happen (and will amost certainly involve some innocent passer by in their inept wipe out).
snow report
Forecast that promise snow which doesn't turn up. Hopefully today, for once, this will not be the case.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy