Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

HEAD PEAK 82 / 88

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi Guys,
I'm getting to the stage where I will need replace my current Atomic Blackeyes. And its my birthday soon, I might be able to convince the wife and kids to make a new pair of planks my pressie.

I'm ok with most of the options out there, but I was looking at the Head peak range also. Has anyone got any experience of Heads Peak 82 or 88?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have a pair of Peak 88s and really love them.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Are these the same as the Head Monster 88's ie stiff, go fast, blast through anything, not for the meek?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
BobinCH, I think they have been softened a little from the Monster 88s which preceded them in head's range, although not sure as I never skied on them. They don't feel especially stiff to me.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
rob@rar, Tks. A mate has the monster 88's but rarely uses them as we don't do much on piste skiing so if anyone's interested let me know. They are stiff so good skiers only!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I have a pair of Monster 82s and these are a really good allrounder too. They are fairly stiff but not that hard to drive. Powerful on piste and versatile off piste. If you're a reasonably strong skier then you should enjoy them, presuming the Peak 82 is very similar.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Bob, Cut and paste from a pay review site......may help or not? Once borrowed a pair of original 175 monster 88...pleased they were borrowed! I am not heavy enough or strong enough....

Peak 82

Less demanding than the old 82's. Or perhaps we should say much less performance. Now a middle of the road cruiser without the blasting power of the original. The 78 is a better choice for most, as is the 88.

"Ski is light to a fault. It needs metal and to have the Flow Ride removed." and "Tip seems to flap around." We'll spare the more negative comments, which, unfortunately, were quite a few. Let's just say the ski did not meet expectations, at least for most of our test skiers.

Peak 88

No negativity here! Retail skiers generally give the 88 high marks.

"Great tip float. Made me want to stay in the deep stuff. Much tamer than it used to be, but without sacrificing good qualities." Another tester opined that "Flow Ride seems to work better on wider skis."

Makes sense.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
carroz, Tim had the Monster 82's(still has them mounted with Dynafit), loves them, bought the 88's on a cheap (Swiss, so not that cheap) deal and found them to be much stiffer, basically designed for fast charging. We don't do too much of that so they are collecting dust. I want someone to buy them off him so he will listen to me, buy a superfat and start having fun again!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Sounds like the Peak 82 is a fair bit tamer than the Monster then. Might not be a bad thing depending on your level etc.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy